Kansas Football.
Deleted User 89

Re: Chefs

Post by Deleted User 89 »

did someone else raise them?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Cascadia wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:29 am https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/05/us/britt ... index.html

Sounds likely he was drunk. Feel bad for Andy, his kids are fucking dipshits
Coaches kids by and large are challenged a bit.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That poor family.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

His daughters turned out fine. The boys, RIP on the other hand...

By all accounts such a great man but you have to wonder all of those years grinding what kind of affect that had on his sons. Coaching is not for everyone and the sacrifices are for real.
Holidaysmore - 2005
edjayhawk

Post by edjayhawk »

Sounds like Andy needs to provide some "tough love"...
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

At some point you are 35 yrs old. You gotta grow up.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If he really was three beers in and made a mistake, no.

If he was what we might be expecting, and maybe three to four times that plus on a drug that could enhance the high, yes, he will learn to grow up fast.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

On the day where Mahomes starts his second SB in a row in just 3 seasons as a starter, I have to ask again: How unacceptable is it that Tech is this bad at football? They have so fewer excuses than KU. And the 2 programs are competitive.
dolomite2

Post by dolomite2 »

holidaysmore wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:18 pm His daughters turned out fine. The boys, RIP on the other hand...

By all accounts such a great man but you have to wonder all of those years grinding what kind of affect that had on his sons. Coaching is not for everyone and the sacrifices are for real.
28 grandkids, according to Mahomes.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:48 am On the day where Mahomes starts his second SB in a row in just 3 seasons as a starter, I have to ask again: How unacceptable is it that Tech is this bad at football? They have so fewer excuses than KU. And the 2 programs are competitive.
Something not talked about enough, honestly. Tech was fun with Leach. Now they are just a pathetic program compared to their expectations.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Dammit, I just saw that Terez Paylor passed away. Awful.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I normally am kind of an asshole when it comes to writers deaths. Like they just write and all that. Well then you had McClure, Pedro Gomez and Terez all within a month. All pretty young and all really good.

Terez just hit different. I’ve followed him since he was writing for preps at the star back in the late 00s. He worked his ass off. He loved what he did. He was passionate about his line of work and he would text and tweet at people if he enjoyed something that they wrote or did.

Covered the Chiefs basically since 2013 until now. The players all loved him, he was beloved by fans and front office staff, and he did a great job of showing how much fun he had covering a GAME.

Tough loss for KC as that’s where he was based, tough for the NFL and tough for his fiancée and parents. 37. 30 freaking 7. Way too young.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

That is terrible. No cause released either. Tough times.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

My guess is he passed in his sleep. Have read some things people have wrote and they mentioned waking up Tuesday and having all energy and enthusiasm drained from them with the news.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:23 am My guess is he passed in his sleep. Have read some things people have wrote and they mentioned waking up Tuesday and having all energy and enthusiasm drained from them with the news.
I raised my eye a bit at learning yesterday that he didn't travel to Tampa - didn't do the thing he so very much most wanted to do - due to concerns about contracting Covid. That suggests to me that there was some known underlying condition. It would follow that that got him.

That happened to a good friend of mine; after contracting some weird virus at about 30, his heart was very weakened. A few years later, he had a heart attack in his sleep and died.
Deleted User 89

the younger Reid placed on administrative leave pending the results of investigation

i think he’s let go when all is said and done

i also think the organization should pay fur the girl’s medical bills
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:43 am the younger Reid placed on administrative leave pending the results of investigation

Whether they directly pay for the medical bills or not, there will be a settlement. It's also likely Reid spends some time in jail. Rightfully so.
Deleted User 89

Cascadia wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:46 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:43 am the younger Reid placed on administrative leave pending the results of investigation

Whether they directly pay for the medical bills or not, there will be a settlement. It's also likely Reid spends some time in jail. Rightfully so.
agree on the jail time

i just think the organization would do well to get out in front of this and not wait for a settlement (aka being forced to pay)...they should do it as a gesture of good will
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:48 am
Cascadia wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:46 am

agree on the jail time

i just think the organization would do well to get out in front of this and not wait for a settlement (aka being forced to pay)...they should do it as a gesture of good will
I'll be the "let's let the facts come out first" guy, but yes it certainly seems like there is going to be significant criminal and civil exposure. The extent of the civil exposure, sadly, is very much tied to the girl's outcome.