so...

Bill Self Way
Bill Self Boulevard
Bill Self Avenue
Bill Self Drive
Deleted User 75

Re: 13 straight

Post by Deleted User 75 »

kubandalum wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:06 pm When he talks about his first day on the job here, Self mentions being wowed by driving along Naismith Drive. I think he might really appreciate having a street named after him.
Bill Self Memorial Expressway.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

memorial expressway?

really?
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:47 pm memorial expressway?

really?
Yup. Leads right to the new phogushers arena.

I'd rather they change Mass St to Bill Self Pkwy than changing Naismith Dr....and I think we all know Naismith Dr and Naismith Court are not going to be changed for Bill Self. He deserves a lot. Maybe a statue out front.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Maybe a street at Alvamar.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Alvamar has been gone for a couple years.
I am, I said.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Don't bother the old man with details.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:51 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:47 pm memorial expressway?

really?
Yup. Leads right to the new phogushers arena.

I'd rather they change Mass St to Bill Self Pkwy than changing Naismith Dr....and I think we all know Naismith Dr and Naismith Court are not going to be changed for Bill Self. He deserves a lot. Maybe a statue out front.
Maybe rename the part of Naismith that hooks left at AFH and goes up the hill past the music and engineering schools. Then AFH would be at the corner of Naismith and Self, as many want, but a more significant road than Irving Hill.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

a street on campus is one thing

the city isn't going to change anything, particularly not Mass

i could see zen's idea having legs...Bill Self Way or Bill Self Drive. there is also Schwegler Dr. that runs on the south side of the Fieldhouse, east to the student rec center
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

kubandalum wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:06 pm When he talks about his first day on the job here, Self mentions being wowed by driving along Naismith Drive. I think he might really appreciate having a street named after him.

On this day in 1939, James Naismith passed away from cerebral hemorrhage at the age of 78. Buried in Memorial Park Cemetary in LFK.
I am, I said.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Speaking of 13, buried deep in an article about a recruit in the KC Star there’s mention that KU now has a record 13 straight regular season wins against AP top ten teams, going back to 2014. Duke is second place with having had 7 straight a few years back.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 49305.html
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

If you don’t remember Irving Hill Rd, it’s that curved street leading uphill from AFH to the dorms. Perfect for the purpose.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

kubandalum wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:08 pm Speaking of 13, buried deep in an article about a recruit in the KC Star there’s mention that KU now has a record 13 straight regular season wins against AP top ten teams, going back to 2014. Duke is second place with having had 7 straight a few years back.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/colle ... 49305.html
Ummmmm.....
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Oops. I see now.