Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
Mjl

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Mjl »

Listening to The Fifth Risk now. If true and not horribly cherry-picking, it's frightening.

Anyone read it?

The part that really struck me today is when they mentioned the fear of wildfires after Trump's DOA handling. People said this shit would happen, Trump ignored it, and then had the gall to blame California.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

"I'm doing deals and I'm not being accommodated by the Fed," Trump told the Post in an interview. "They're making a mistake because I have a gut and my gut tells me more sometimes than anybody else's brain can ever tell me."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/27/politics ... index.html
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

https://theweek.com/speedreads/809746/r ... nomic-hand

jfc

apparently, PBO had a better economy to deal with than drumpf
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Someone very well may have already posted this but I am not as intelligent as Trump so I can't find it right now.

"One of the problems that a lot of people like myself — we have very high levels of intelligence, but we’re not necessarily such believers. You look at our air and our water and it’s right now at a record clean".
"And when you’re talking about an atmosphere, oceans are very small".
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Gutter wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:58 am Someone very well may have already posted this but I am not as intelligent as Trump so I can't find it right now.

"One of the problems that a lot of people like myself — we have very high levels of intelligence, but we’re not necessarily such believers. You look at our air and our water and it’s right now at a record clean".
and his supporters are like...

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Gutter wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:58 am Someone very well may have already posted this but I am not as intelligent as Trump so I can't find it right now.

He is obviously light years ahead of the average human.
He can literally test and diagnose air AND water with his eyes.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Deutche Bank gets raided, Trump's long time tax attorney office raided, Cohen pleads to a new crime.

Have a nice day Mr. President.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

This is an investigation about a potential real estate project now?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:26 pm This is an investigation about a potential real estate project now?
nice try
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:26 pm This is an investigation about a potential real estate project now?
You mean, as opposed to the Whitewater "real estate project" Investigation by Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr that lasted 4 years and resulted in Bill Clinton being impeached by the house for lying about a blow job?

That "real estate project"?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I think the "nice try" goes to the guy citing buzzfeed with anonymous sources on a day in which the special counsel intentionally showed the world (and Congress) the damning information Cohen actually provided.

What we actually learned today is bad enough. Pretending that it's even worse is just silly.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:32 pm
You mean, as opposed to the Whitewater "real estate project" Investigation by Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr that lasted 4 years and resulted in Bill Clinton being impeached by the house for lying about a blow job?

umm....I would hope you'd know better.

But I suppose it's possible that you do, but don't care.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:33 pm I think the "nice try" goes to the guy citing buzzfeed with anonymous sources on a day in which the special counsel intentionally showed the world (and Congress) the damning information Cohen actually provided.

What we actually learned today is bad enough. Pretending that it's even worse is just silly.
Feral wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:46 pm Obtuse attempts to defend Trump while trying to maintain plausible deniability for doing so is what DC does because, what else is he going to do, promote republican supply side economics?
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:42 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:33 pm I think the "nice try" goes to the guy citing buzzfeed with anonymous sources on a day in which the special counsel intentionally showed the world (and Congress) the damning information Cohen actually provided.

Feral wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:46 pm Obtuse attempts to defend Trump while trying to maintain plausible deniability for doing so is what DC does because, what else is he going to do, promote republican supply side economics?
Deleted User 75

Feral wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:32 pm

Ahhh the old "whataboutism".....thought you lefties frowned upon that type of thing?
Deleted User 183

Left, right, middle, I frown upon two wrongs. "Whataboutism" or not.
I also frown upon people minimizing and maximizing situations based solely on their political beliefs.
Trump is a scumbag and a piece of crap. Fine, Obama was too. Great. Right?
Deleted User 75

Gutter wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:23 am Trump is a scumbag and a piece of crap.
Yup.

Unfortunately, that statement also applies to a large group of the politicians in this country. At seemingly every level.
Deleted User 183

Bingo! And look! You threw in a "whataboutism" in your post.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

As you flail about in your noble but desperate attempt(s) to deflect and obfuscate what the investigation(s) into what the leader of your party may, (or may not), have done to conspire with our adversary Russia in order to win the 2016 election, (not to mention the numerous acts of accessory after the fact committed by numerous members of your party's congressional delegations), I'm not sure that impugning the integrity of Buzzfeed is necessarily the best strategy:

NY Times 11/29/18 Cohen Lied. Here’s Why It Matters - With Michael Cohen’s latest deal, the special counsel shows he is unafraid of crossing Donald Trump’s red lines on Russia

...The facts to which Mr. Cohen admitted on Thursday don’t establish that Mr. Trump conspired with Russian efforts to win him the election, but they refute Mr. Trump’s frequent, vehement claim that he had nothing to do with Russia as he sought the White House. It was that falsehood that Mr. Cohen sought to protect by lying himself. “I made these statements to be consistent with” Mr. Trump’s “political messaging,” he said in court.

Well into the presidential race and as Mr. Trump’s chances of becoming the Republican nominee appeared certain, Mr. Cohen worked hard to get into the good graces of the Russian government — procuring meetings with high-ranking officials, planning trips for himself and Mr. Trump, and briefing the then-candidate and his “family members” on his progress.

These revelations, which Mr. Cohen concealed or obfuscated from congressional investigators conducting their own look into Russian election interference, put Mr. Trump at the center of an elaborate operation to build a Trump Tower in Moscow. Reporting by BuzzFeed News, published in May, had previously detailed a concerted push to bring the Trump real estate brand to Moscow’s skyline. The plan, in Mr. Cohen’s own words, was to fly Mr. Trump to the Russian capital “once he becomes the nominee after the convention.”

The trove of documents and communications that are the foundation of BuzzFeed’s report now appear to be in Mr. Mueller’s possession. Before long, they could form the basis for additional criminal charges against or inquiries into other Trump figures who have sought to minimize their own Kremlin connections, such as Donald Trump Jr. and Paul Manafort.

Buzzfeed 5/17/18 Trump Moscow: The Definitive Story Of How Trump’s Team Worked The Russian Deal During The Campaign - On the day of the third Republican presidential debate, Trump personally signed the letter of intent.

All through the hot summer campaign of 2016, as Donald Trump and his aides dismissed talk of unseemly ties to Moscow, two of his key business partners were working furiously on a secret track: negotiations to build what would have been the tallest building in Europe and an icon of the Trump empire — the Trump World Tower Moscow.

Talks to construct the 100-story building continued even as the presidential candidate alternately bragged about his relationship with Vladimir Putin and rejected suggestions of Russian influence, and as Russian agents worked to sway US public opinion on Trump’s behalf.

While fragments of the Trump Moscow venture have trickled out — most recently in a report last night by Yahoo News — this is the definitive story of the Moscow tower, told from a trove of emails, text messages, congressional testimony, architectural renderings, and other documents obtained exclusively by BuzzFeed News, as well as interviews with key players and investigators. The documents reveal a detailed and plausible plan, well-connected Russian counterparts, and an effort that extended from spearfishing with a Russian developer on a private island to planning for a mid-campaign trip to Moscow for the presidential candidate himself.

The tower — a sheer, glass-encased obelisk situated on a river — would have soared above every other building in Moscow, the architectural drawings show. And the sharply angled skyscraper would have climaxed in a diamond-shaped pinnacle emblazoned with the word “Trump,” putting his name atop the continent’s tallest structure.

Michael Cohen, the president’s embattled personal fixer, and Felix Sater, who helped negotiate deals around the world for Trump, led the effort. Working quietly behind the scenes, they tried to arrange a sit-down between Trump and Putin, the documents show. Those efforts ultimately fizzled. But the audacious venture has been a keen focus of federal investigators trying to determine if the Trump campaign colluded with the Kremlin...
Anand Giridharadas