Mahomie

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: Mahomie

Post by holidaysmore »

If the Chiefs are just now seeing this video footage considering the climate around domestic assault in the nfl Reem might be looking at a far lengthy suspension. Chiefs certainly don’t want the bad PR from an incident like this.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

It's a given he's sitting this weekend for sure. But I do wonder what the NFL/Chiefs decide to do.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

According to Benjamin Albright: Team and league had knowledge of the video evidence in regards to this incident. Believes that he will be suspended indefinitely (suspension exempt list) with an official multiple game possibly the rest of the year to come.

Maybe it is the fan in me or that the Chiefs are really, really close to winning a Super Bowl that I believe this video isn't as bad as people are making it out to be but with the backlash and bad PR soon to follow I don't see why the Chiefs and NFL don't overreact to this scenario.

I also wonder how TMZ got a hold of this footage and why it was released at this time? This incident happened in February. If this was such a big issue why hasn't the accuser come forward with a civil lawsuit?
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:40 pm
Maybe it is the fan in me or that the Chiefs are really, really close to winning a Super Bowl that I believe this video isn't as bad as people are making it out to be but with the backlash and bad PR soon to follow I don't see why the Chiefs and NFL don't overreact to this scenario.
This part I somewhat agree with. As I mentioned to someone else on twitter who said he should be cut right away. I said this isn't a Ray Rice knockout punch or a Greg Hardy throw a girl on top of guns and say pick which one I'm going to kill you with. This is an alcohol-induced rage by Hunt that was initiated by a girl fight with a racial slur.

There were no injuries. There wasn't a devastating kick like TMZ had.

There will still be a suspension of a few games. But a straight cut or anything like that is a bit overboard in my eyes.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

And make no mistake, I am no condoning this behavior or saying the lady is just as guilty and all that nonsense. I just don't think the video is serious enough to have Hunt cut or anything like that.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Being reported that Hunt sent home the moment the Chiefs saw the video through TMZ.

Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Help me out. How/why do you cut/release Roy Miller but keep Kareem Hunt?
Never mind. Dumb question.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I haven't seen the video.

Sounds to me like he should be gone.
Defense. Rebounds.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:44 pm I haven't seen the video.

Sounds to me like he should be gone.

https://youtu.be/0eOacEsSFnI
I am, I said.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Gutter wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:42 pm Help me out. How/why do you cut/release Roy Miller but keep Kareem Hunt?
Never mind. Dumb question.
Because Miller was arrested and Hunt had no charges even with surveillance video from hotel that police and NFL/Chiefs likely viewed??

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I can't really see where HUNT brutalized anyone.
That "kick" was pretty freaking light.

HArd to tell really what motion caused the girl to get faced into the wall...but the initial contact wasn't directed on her person. IMO.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

My main thing... And it's a pretty extreme example but still valid in my eyes.

There is different degrees of murder. And those convicted are sentenced as such.

There is different degrees of violence. And those convicted are sentenced as such.

This is pretty minimal, although still a serious deal, violence. He should be suspended for a while. But don't think he should be cut or banished from league forever.

shindig

Post by shindig »

Looks like she hit him first, that's assault. Cooler heads should have prevailed, but looks like she instigated the incident.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Regardless of what happened, he should have handled it better than this. I'm not saying he should be suspended indefinitely, but I expect he'll miss at least one game. Gotta be smarter than this, especially with cameras everywhere these days.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If it were my team, I’d cut him. Not saying that’s what definitely should have happened, but that’s how I’d operate.

Take into account: I would have also cut Mario Little and LaGerald Vick.

Doing so is always defensible and what the Chiefs did here is defensible.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Chiefs announced he’s released. Said he wasn’t truthful with them. Wow. Good for them. If he lied about it, then that’s ridiculous on his part.

Deleted User 104

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:03 pm Chiefs announced he’s released. Said he wasn’t truthful with them. Wow. Good for them. If he lied about it, then that’s ridiculous on his part.
If it's true that this has been a pattern (based on what I read), allowing this one time is one thing, but asking them to accept it a 2nd or 3rd time would reflect very poorly on the Chiefs.
Deleted User 104

This really sucks but they made the right decision if this was a pattern.

Really frustrating that this gets released now. Why couldn't this be released back in February?
shindig

Post by shindig »

Bummer. Hope the best for him. Seemed like a good guy, but understand the no tolerance by the organization.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh god damnit. Just hearing/seeing this. Among the reasons why I don’t pay more attention to the nfl.

Of course cutting him was the only appropriate response. Especially after all the dv bullshit already in the league you’d think a player would be able to just not fucking do it.

But alas. God damnit.