Deleted User 62

Re: Mahomie

Post by Deleted User 62 »

So, he will be a Raider on Monday?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Redskins maybe?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:39 pm
God damnit.
Yes. And there goes our super bowl chances.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Torches pitchforks.
Ridiculous.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:58 pm If it were my team, I’d cut him. Not saying that’s what definitely should have happened, but that’s how I’d operate.

Take into account: I would have also cut Mario Little and LaGerald Vick.

Doing so is always defensible and what the Chiefs did here is defensible.
Oh please.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CnB all high and mighty here but hush hush when Adrian Peterson actually “brutalized” his son and the Vikes continued to try to play him.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I'm still a little surprised by his actions. Personal story, but I met Kareem while I was trying on some clothes at BR on the Plaza, about the time this video was taken. I know it was late February and I walked out of the dressing room wearing a sweater my gf picked out. I was standing in front of the mirror and I said to myself, "man I look fat in this sweater". All of a sudden I hear this burst of laughter and it was Kareem Hunt! He put his arm around me, still laughing, and said "dude, your girl has bad taste in clothes"...lol. It was a horrible sweater and a size too small. I chatted with him for several minutes and we both had a good laugh.

Anyway, hope he gets some help.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:39 pm Oh god damnit. Just hearing/seeing this. Among the reasons why I don’t pay more attention to the nfl.

Of course cutting him was the only appropriate response. Especially after all the dv bullshit already in the league you’d think a player would be able to just not fucking do it.

But alas. God damnit.
And it’s also the Jovan Belcher/Tyreek Hill franchise. They’re in a magnified position and kind of the first time they can show their colors as a franchise.

Got back from a popular bar here in town. Unanimous agreement with the Chiefs there. Granted, it’s the type of place devoid of upper-level Camarohead ticket holders.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Lol at push being upset with decision. Fuck off
shindig

Post by shindig »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:14 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:39 pm Oh god damnit. Just hearing/seeing this. Among the reasons why I don’t pay more attention to the nfl.

Of course cutting him was the only appropriate response. Especially after all the dv bullshit already in the league you’d think a player would be able to just not fucking do it.

But alas. God damnit.
And it’s also the Jovan Belcher/Tyreek Hill franchise. They’re in a magnified position and kind of the first time they can show their colors as a franchise.

Got back from a popular bar here in town. Unanimous agreement with the Chiefs there. Granted, it’s the type of place devoid of upper-level Camarohead ticket holders.
Tyreek is now married to the said woman and they are raising their kid together. He got a second chance and has been a model citizen and Chief.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

shindig wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:23 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:14 pm

But alas. God damnit.

Tyreek is now married to the said woman and they are raising their kid together. He got a second chance and has been a model citizen and Chief.
Well that wasn't my point and I'm sure that's all true.

When Hill was drafted a very large portion of this city and Chiefs fans were ambivalent to very upset about it. Ever since then there has been a wait and see approach to the organization and the Hunt family to take a stance on violence against women. This was their big chance to do so and the message it sends is pretty clear.

Again, I can't say for sure what is the absolute punishment that is the best for everyone involved including the public, but unless someone is a complete moron that can't see past scoring touchdowns, everyone can see the Chiefs' side on the decision here is understandable and faultless.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Of course, the real question is how long have the NFL and the Chiefs known about the video.

If it was at any time before today, then we have ourselves a monumental shitshow.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I hear ya CnB. Was Dorsey still with the Chiefs when Hunts incident took place? Can't recall. But I could see Dorsey trying to bury it.
Deleted User 62

If he lied to the management, then they are 100% right in releasing him.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Do you believe that or is that the way the Chiefs cover their own asses for trying to keep this hidden?
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 62

I honestly believe that the Chiefs are legit on this.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

He wasn't charged with anything for his actions that night.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

So the hotel’s policy is that they wouldn’t release the video to the NFL and that the local authorities wouldn’t either. So someone at that hotel got paid for leaking it to TMZ?
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:45 pm So the hotel’s policy is that they wouldn’t release the video to the NFL and that the local authorities wouldn’t either. So someone at that hotel got paid for leaking it to TMZ?
That's the most frustrating thing here. This could have been made news last season and then we could have at least tried to prepare for his absence. Now we are out one of our most essential players at one of the worst times.
Deleted User 62

The same could be said of Hunt if he had been honest with management when questioned.