Mahomie

Kansas Football.
Cascadia

Re: Mahomie

Post by Cascadia »

KC should go after Le’Veon Bell in the off-season.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Haven't read all of this, hopefully it's not a repeat.

Raiders or Redskins?
Defense. Rebounds.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It’s like Terez came and read my posts last night:
The statement and decision were unusually firm, hard and swift for an organization that, as one of the AFL’s founding teams, is typically content to stand behind the league’s decisions. Team chairman and CEO Clark Hunt is a league man, someone who often thinks about the best interests of the shield. In many ways, it wouldn’t have been a surprise to anyone around here to see the Chiefs let Hunt linger on the NFL’s exempt list until the league made a decision about what to do with him.

But the Chiefs didn’t do that.

Consider the fact the Chiefs already employ Tyreek Hill — who once pled guilty to punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend, but did so before he was drafted in 2015 and has, by all account, been contrite. It would be negligent to overlook how the presence of Hill — a game-changing, hard-to-replace talent who almost certainly would have received a massive contract extension sooner rather than later — may have contributed to this decision. Same goes for the team’s history with former linebacker Jovan Belcher, who killed his girlfriend before killing himself at the team’s practice facility in 2012.

Had they gone soft on Hunt, the Chiefs, who currently sit atop the AFC with a 9-2 record, would have been seen as a team with an indifferent attitude about violence against women. They would’ve likely been mentioned every time another team took a chance on an uber-talented player with that background, just as the Washington Redskins did this week after its waiver claim on Reuben Foster.

And considering the significant amount of goodwill the Chiefs had to expend locally when they selected Hill in 2015 — much to the uproar of many fans who cited it as an insensitive attitude toward the Belcher shooting — there’s no way they were going to tie themselves to that narrative.
https://sports.yahoo.com/theres-no-defe ... 34742.html
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:50 pm So, he will be a Raider on Monday?
I don't get it.
Do the Raiders like to sign guys who "beat" women or do you simply mean they are looking for a RB?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:22 pm I honestly believe that the Chiefs are legit on this.
For their sake, I sure hope so.

I don’t know one way or the other what the truth is, but I do know the NFL is worth $75 billion. I don’t know what TMZ is worth.
Deleted User 183

lobster wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:58 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:39 pm
God damnit.
Yes. And there goes our super bowl chances.
No.
Chances take a hit but are far from gone. Ware is the next man up. Right?
Deleted User 183

lobster wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:53 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:45 pm So the hotel’s policy is that they wouldn’t release the video to the NFL and that the local authorities wouldn’t either. So someone at that hotel got paid for leaking it to TMZ?
That's the most frustrating thing here. This could have been made news last season and then we could have at least tried to prepare for his absence. Now we are out one of our most essential players at one of the worst times.
Yeah, I mean it's all about making you and others happy as football fans and the timing sucks so that's why you're upset - and who the fuck cares about what Hunt did - and fuck the girl/s and the hotel for releasing the video too.
Deleted User 183

Cascadia wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:35 am KC should go after Le’Veon Bell in the off-season.
Considering it looks like he's the premier "FA" RB I have to agree. Would be a great get. Assuming he would be happy being a Chief and I see no reason why he wouldn't be if he's getting paid what he and his agent want him to be getting paid.
Deleted User 183

Gutter wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:06 am
lobster wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:53 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:45 pm So the hotel’s policy is that they wouldn’t release the video to the NFL and that the local authorities wouldn’t either. So someone at that hotel got paid for leaking it to TMZ?
That's the most frustrating thing here. This could have been made news last season and then we could have at least tried to prepare for his absence. Now we are out one of our most essential players at one of the worst times.
Yeah, I mean it's all about making you and others happy as football fans and the timing sucks so that's why you're upset - and who the fuck cares about what Hunt did - and fuck the girl/s and the hotel for releasing the video too.

P.S. It was "made news" before the season started. It was know he was accused and the Chiefs obviously gave him the benefit of the doubt and/or didn't give a shit.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:50 pm So, he will be a Raider on Monday?
The NFL added him to the exempt list. No other NFL team can sign him.

"The NFL has placed Kareem Hunt of the Kansas City Chiefs on the Commissioner Exempt list, and as a result, he may not practice, play or attend games," the league said in a statement. "The NFL's investigation, which began immediately following the incident in February, will include a review of the new information that was made public today."

Honestly, I don't have a problem with this at all. When Hill had his incident, he admitted his mistake, accepted his punishment, went to counseling and now seems to be on the straight and narrow. From the sounds of it, Hunt lied to the team about the incident and when the video came out to prove that Hunt's account of the incident did not synch up with his explanation of the incident, the Chiefs took a zero tolerance policy and applied despite how difficult it was to sink their Super Bowl hopes by doing it.

There is no acceptable excuse for what Hunt did. He was one of my favorite players on my favorite team but I had no idea this incident even happened and now that I know I am glad that he no longer plays for the Chiefs.
Deleted User 183

There ya go 2coach. You "had no idea this incident even happened" - even though it was made public back in February. So despite it briefly being made public back in February - it was it kind of swept under the rug until this week. Go figure - right?
NFL = BIG money business. Also = "zero tolerance" when it comes to "domestic violence".
Tough for all parties when there is a "star" player involved.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Gutter wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:16 am There ya go 2coach. You "had no idea this incident even happened" - even though it was made public back in February. So despite it briefly being made public back in February - it was it kind of swept under the rug until this week. Go figure - right?
NFL = BIG money business. Also = "zero tolerance" when it comes to "domestic violence".
Tough for all parties when there is a "star" player involved.
I just genuinely dont remember hearing anything about it. Keep in mind that my short term memory sucks so it could have been well publicized and I just forgot. It happens.

Anyways, despite this being devastating to both the NFL team that I love and the fantasy football league I am dominating, this appears to be the only acceptable action by the Chiefs. I would bet he gets some sort of multi game punishment by the NFL and then signs with someone else next years once he falls on his sword, fully admits his mistake and completes a counseling program.
Deleted User 183

2coach - Hope you don't think I was criticizing you specifically. The point I was trying to make is it was a story that quickly disappeared and was forgotten.

Here is my bottom line. A person can often be a victim of the company they choose to keep.
I don't pretend to understand the NFL culture but my guess is 75% of professional football players CHOOSE to be surrounded by people who can derail if not also ruin their careers just by being in their presence.
I do understand you're not going to give up your friends but come on, Hunt and his posse made piss poor decisions that night and now he is without a job and his and his team's fans are also left suffering the repercussions.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Thursday night Hunt was at the Sporting KC game with Mahomes, Kelsey and Henne. Hope this doesn't derail the team chemistry. Definitely takes away the excitement of tomorrow's game because that's all the broadcasters will be talking about...sigh.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I'm also surprised the Chiefs front office didn't do their due diligence after the incident occurred in February? Sounds like they just took Kareem's word and moved on. You would think they would have requested the police report and any video from the hotel to support or dispute his statement. Something just doesn't add up here.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

It was reported that the NFL made multiple requests to Cleveland P.D. and were denied.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Geezer wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:36 am It was reported that the NFL made multiple requests to Cleveland P.D. and were denied.
I deal with this shit a lot. Most PD's are a pain in the ass getting stuff but many times it comes down to how bad you want something.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Geezer wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:36 am It was reported that the NFL made multiple requests to Cleveland P.D. and were denied.
Again something doesn't add up. You mean the NFL, a billion dollars enterprise, couldn't get the video but TMZ could? I'm still scratching my head.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

shindig wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:17 am I'm also surprised the Chiefs front office didn't do their due diligence after the incident occurred in February? Sounds like they just took Kareem's word and moved on. You would think they would have requested the police report and any video from the hotel to support or dispute his statement. Something just doesn't add up here.
It isn't the Chiefs job to investigate.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Who cares? I've got Spencer Ware on my fantasy team.