Mahomie

Kansas Football.
shindig

Re: Mahomie

Post by shindig »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:44 am
shindig wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:17 am I'm also surprised the Chiefs front office didn't do their due diligence after the incident occurred in February? Sounds like they just took Kareem's word and moved on. You would think they would have requested the police report and any video from the hotel to support or dispute his statement. Something just doesn't add up here.
It isn't the Chiefs job to investigate.
Why? He was employed by the Chiefs.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

shindig wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:42 am
Geezer wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:36 am It was reported that the NFL made multiple requests to Cleveland P.D. and were denied.
Again something doesn't add up. You mean the NFL, a billion dollars enterprise, couldn't get the video but TMZ could? I'm still scratching my head.
TMZ pays for stuff.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Gutter wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:06 am
lobster wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:53 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:45 pm So the hotel’s policy is that they wouldn’t release the video to the NFL and that the local authorities wouldn’t either. So someone at that hotel got paid for leaking it to TMZ?
That's the most frustrating thing here. This could have been made news last season and then we could have at least tried to prepare for his absence. Now we are out one of our most essential players at one of the worst times.
Yeah, I mean it's all about making you and others happy as football fans and the timing sucks so that's why you're upset - and who the fuck cares about what Hunt did - and fuck the girl/s and the hotel for releasing the video too.
Oh please, I'm sure you are hanging out with this fine young woman and sending her Christmas cards. Let's not pretend that we all care a lot about this woman. I wouldn't expect people to care about me deeply who don't know me. Lets keep it real.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Almost sounds like the Cleveland PD tried to bury the story if they wouldn't release the video to the NFL. Was it because Hunt was a hometown kid?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

shindig wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:31 pm Almost sounds like the Cleveland PD tried to bury the story if they wouldn't release the video to the NFL. Was it because Hunt was a hometown kid?
IDK what's going on this situation but a lot of PD's will refuse to release with the line: "it's still under investigation." Even though charges haven't been pressed, they're still within the statute of limitations.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Yeah makes sense CnB. But if no charges were filed, which raises more questions, then you would think the case is closed. IDK, I'm not an attorney like you.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

shindig wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:55 am
shindig wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:17 am I'm also surprised the Chiefs front office didn't do their due diligence after the incident occurred in February? Sounds like they just took Kareem's word and moved on. You would think they would have requested the police report and any video from the hotel to support or dispute his statement. Something just doesn't add up here.
They would check with local authorities...which they did.
They would interview the player...which they did.

If you got a DWI, but hadn't been in court, would your employer run out and start an investigation?

No.

If there was an investigation warranted, the league would initiate it.
shindig

Post by shindig »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:51 pm
shindig wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:55 am

They would check with local authorities...which they did.
They would interview the player...which they did.

If you got a DWI, but hadn't been in court, would your employer run out and start an investigation?

No.

If there was an investigation warranted, the league would initiate it.
Makes sense. 👍
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-c ... 60020.html

“The Chiefs knew immediately upon seeing the video that Hunt would never play for them again. They waited until the NFL put him on the Commissioner Exempt List to ensure he wouldn’t play against them this season.”
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If he kicked her, then she punched him.
Then he shoved her.
And he shoved into a guy which knocked her over.
And then whether you think she punched him or not, then he kicked her. If she didn't punch him, then he didn't kick her.

It's a social network verdict yet again.
I understand why the Chiefs staff ( PR especially ) had to get together and talk damage control.
I just find it a flawed way of coming to judgement - hastily and due to hashtags.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It is another case of forced reaction because of overreaction which is what our country has become.
And I know that this is 'just the NFL' and not our country.
But it relates.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

This thread is one of the most hypocritical in KUwhatever.com/.net history.
There are multiple threads on the BKB Board where people are having circle jerks and would happily would blow Vick if they could - and these are the same people who are all moral and feel the Chiefs had to let Hunt go no matter what the league did or didn't do.
Give me a fucking break.
Carry on
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well, the difference here Gutter is, there's evidence in what Hunt did.
He didn't kick anyone.
He did shove a girl onto the ground.
It's on video - you can watch it.
It's Vick's word vs a woman's in the other circumstance.

Is that enough to kick Vick off the team?

Or, using the video of Hunt?
Is that enough to fire a guy no matter what she said/did to him?
It's up to the company that employs him.
Chiefs felt like it was.

And that's gutter fighting gutter.
Deleted User 104

pdub wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:16 pm
I just find it a flawed way of coming to judgement - hastily and due to hashtags.
Welcome to our world in 2018. Makes you wanna delete all your social media accounts.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I already did in 2012.
Not only because of the masses of obnoxiously partisan opinion but because of data collection.
Deleted User 104

pdub wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:35 pm I already did in 2012.
Not only because of the masses of obnoxiously partisan opinion but because of data collection.
You are wise, indeed.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I don’t have the athletic but apparently Nate Taylor from Athletic KC dropped a great article.

Said Chiefs tried to obtain video. League said to stop while they investigate. Hunt repeatedly said he never left his room. Obviously false.

Hunt got sent home but brought back hours later and made a tearful plea to Chiefs to reconsider. Said it was like a funeral. Chiefs said that he will never play for them again, but suggested that he get counseling for his multiple instances. Chiefs reached out to NFL to have considering having him enter a mandatory counseling program that is fairly new in the league.

Basically the article said that Kareem made his bed, now he has to lay in it. If he didn’t try to lie and cover up, he’d probably still be a Chief. Who knows how truthful he has been with his other incident in the summer when he punched a dude.

Hunt will have a live interview with Shefter on Sunday morning at 10 or 11. Don’t remember which time.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

It sounds like ever since the incident took place the Chiefs has been questioning Hunt and he had repeatedly told the Chiefs that he did not go outside of his hotel room.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:36 pm I don’t have the athletic but apparently Nate Taylor from Athletic KC dropped a great article.

Said Chiefs tried to obtain video. League said to stop while they investigate. Hunt repeatedly said he never left his room. Obviously false.

Hunt got sent home but brought back hours later and made a tearful plea to Chiefs to reconsider. Said it was like a funeral. Chiefs said that he will never play for them again, but suggested that he get counseling for his multiple instances. Chiefs reached out to NFL to have considering having him enter a mandatory counseling program that is fairly new in the league.

Basically the article said that Kareem made his bed, now he has to lay in it. If he didn’t try to lie and cover up, he’d probably still be a Chief. Who knows how truthful he has been with his other incident in the summer when he punched a dude.

Hunt will have a live interview with Shefter on Sunday morning at 10 or 11. Don’t remember which time.
Clark Hunt is the exact guy that would defer to the league and say it’s not on the Chiefs to investigate after being told it was being looked into.

I personally believe the Chiefs should do their own digging, but they did just enough CYA to stay ahead of this.

Quite simply, don’t ever play your employer for a fool. Especially when it’s someone like Clark Hunt.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I remain convinced there’s a lot more smoke out there and the Chiefs don’t want to have backed Hunt on this when that other smoke turns into fire.