Marcus Fucking Garrett

Kansas Basketball.
randylahey

Re: Marcus Fucking Garrett

Post by randylahey »

Grandma wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:42 am
ousdahl wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:37 pm Go figure it’s been two big 12 dudes and some pac 12 guy that only my roommate has heard of.
Really? You never heard of Thybulle?
Unfortunately I remember him playing against (and beating) KU in 2017 - and he had a great game.
He's turning into a decent pro too. shows how little love espn gives these pac 12 guys
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

dangit, so much for my pac 12 roommate joke.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Amazing because it was a real gut buster
Just Ledoux it
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

sdoyel wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:30 pm If MG won a NC last year his legacy here would look a lot different.
I think his legacy at KU is as solid as anyone who wore the uniform.

He deserved a full house chanting his name on senior night.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think the 2020 Helms championship cemented his legacy
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

The thing about that 2020 team, and why I think they'd have had an even better shot at winning it all than most #1 overall seeds, is the specific strengths of the team.

Dok's dominance in the paint, Dotson's speed, and Garrett's ability to lock a guy down and be distuptive on defense. Those are all elements you can count on every game. You don't have an off-night at being big, or fast, or at being a great perimeter defender. And with the possible exception of Dok, they're not things you can have a bad matchup for.

It's a shame for everyone on that roster that they didn't get the chance to prove themselves.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

yup
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:14 pm The thing about that 2020 team, and why I think they'd have had an even better shot at winning it all than most #1 overall seeds, is the specific strengths of the team.

Dok's dominance in the paint, Dotson's speed, and Garrett's ability to lock a guy down and be distuptive on defense. Those are all elements you can count on every game. You don't have an off-night at being big, or fast, or at being a great perimeter defender. And with the possible exception of Dok, they're not things you can have a bad matchup for.

It's a shame for everyone on that roster that they didn't get the chance to prove themselves.
2020 had it all. Dominating presence in the middle. Speed with primary ball handler, shooters that could do enough to keep it respectable in Braun and Ochai and a lockdown defender in MG.

That team would have rolled through the tournament, and I don't think it would have been close until Elite 8 weekend.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:21 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:14 pm The thing about that 2020 team, and why I think they'd have had an even better shot at winning it all than most #1 overall seeds, is the specific strengths of the team.

2020 had it all. Dominating presence in the middle. Speed with primary ball handler, shooters that could do enough to keep it respectable in Braun and Ochai and a lockdown defender in MG.

That team would have rolled through the tournament, and I don't think it would have been close until Elite 8 weekend.
Moss made out perimeter shooting a lot better.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

True. Moss was a great shot from 3, you're right.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Damn Garrett can defend.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He got called for a foul kinda late where he woulda had another steal for a layup/dunk.

Really questionable.
Might be his last game at Allen.
Fitting that the thing he’s known for was a major factor in turning the tide (AND making sure his last home game wasn’t an L to UTEP)
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The Athletic has Garrett going #60 in the draft.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:26 am The Athletic has Garrett going #60 in the draft.
I'm good with this thread not being bumped up again until we're underway on Saturday.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:31 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:26 am The Athletic has Garrett going #60 in the draft.
I'm good with this thread not being bumped up again until we're underway on Saturday.
My heart literally sank.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Goddammit. Had me worried
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Same
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

You guys are some abused dogs.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:52 am You guys are some abused dogs.
Deservedly so, I'd argue.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I'm moving COVID-19 On the Ground to this thread. . .