George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: George Floyd and the Ensuing Protests

Post by ousdahl »

The funny thing is, the tweet is accurate, but I dunno whether in the way lobster intends.

Many BLM and progressives in general DO feel like the Dems used them. They recognize the Dems for what they are, cuz they think the real problems are not partisan, but are systemic, like the two party system and money in politics and such.

Unless, of course, that’s the point lobster was trying to make...care to clarify?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lobster, much like trump, can’t see past “it fits my world view and narrative so it must be right”
Deleted User 89

and, much like trump, won’t own up to being demonstrably proven that he’s wrong
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:17 pm The funny thing is, the tweet is accurate, but I dunno whether in the way lobster intends.

Many BLM and progressives in general DO feel like the Dems used them. They recognize the Dems for what they are, cuz they think the real problems are not partisan, but are systemic, like the two party system and money in politics and such.

Unless, of course, that’s the point lobster was trying to make...care to clarify?
Wait....BOTHSIDESDOIT!!!!!??????
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh come on bro, NO WAY the Republican Party just used lobster, didn’t you read the tweet?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Ousdahl, you probably are my favorite person here who doesn't agree with me. Why? Because you don't lose your shit.

To answer your question, I'm not sure why they would support an establishment that has made many of their lives worse over the last 50 years.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 89

why’d you post a fake tweet?
Deleted User 89

because when actual facts don’t fit your narrative, you’re forced to just make shit up?

(very right-wing of you)

kelly-anne conway would approve
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ohh now I’m lobster’s favorite!

If I may point out though bro, I think you and I may agree about far more than you realize.

It’s one of the great Merican tragedies that so many feel so compelled to hold such a sense of...disagreeing?

But if average folks like you and me aren’t disagreeing, that makes it more likely us average folks like us do something truly impactful, like, unite. That’s the last thing the Merican hierarchy wants.

I was going to ask, “do you feel the Republican Party has made your life better?”

But my bigger point is, there’s really not much difference between the two parties any more. It’s just two different names for the same agenda of serving the same corporate conglomerates.
Deleted User 89

i get your sentiment, but there are serious differences between the parties on social and environmental issues
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh for sure.

But there’s also a shitload of lip service too.

There’s also big differences in how each party perceives the other, and itself.

Libs are far less hesitant to criticize Biden, who may likely loose reelection cuz they sour on him not being progressive enough.

Meanwhile, to this day, pubs will still disregard his flaws and proudly March right off that cliff in lock step with Trump.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:30 pm Ousdahl, you probably are my favorite person here who doesn't agree with me. Why? Because you don't lose your shit.

To answer your question, I'm not sure why they would support an establishment that has made many of their lives worse over the last 50 years.
Ok, I'll accept that the Dems made their lives worse.
You have told us that systemic racism doesn't exist anymore.
So in what way/s do you feel the Dems made their lives worse?
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Grandma wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:28 pm
Walrus wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:30 pm Ousdahl, you probably are my favorite person here who doesn't agree with me. Why? Because you don't lose your shit.

Two words: welfare state. That has led to more problems for the blacks than anything else.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, of all the things going through this 9 year old’s mind at the time, at least we can all be sure the foremost thought must have been, “fuckin welfare state!”

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/09/97489630 ... r-old-girl
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:47 pm
Grandma wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:28 pm

Two words: welfare state. That has led to more problems for the blacks than anything else.
You are of course entitled to your opinion. My guess is most people would come up with a different thoughtful response.
I might argue the color of their skin and how others react to it have led to more problems for blacks than anything else but I'm a "privileged" white idiot so I probably shouldn't speak for black people nor in assume what has led to more problems for them than anything else.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Governments are really good at convincing people they are victims, thus making these "victims" believe they need more government to help them succeed. In reality, it has the opposite effect.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:09 pm Ohh now I’m lobster’s favorite!

If I may point out though bro, I think you and I may agree about far more than you realize.

It’s one of the great Merican tragedies that so many feel so compelled to hold such a sense of...disagreeing?

But if average folks like you and me aren’t disagreeing, that makes it more likely us average folks like us do something truly impactful, like, unite. That’s the last thing the Merican hierarchy wants.

I was going to ask, “do you feel the Republican Party has made your life better?”

But my bigger point is, there’s really not much difference between the two parties any more. It’s just two different names for the same agenda of serving the same corporate conglomerates.
First of all, congratulations on being Lobby/Wally's favorite poster. Quite an achievement. Definitely something you can share with your grandkids someday.

Second, Wally/Lobby doesn't care that you might agree with him on a few things. It only sours his ability to enjoy his life as a drama queen, wallowing in his victim status.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Well, the trial is likely to not go as many might expect. The question is: how many of you will condemn the violence when we see the riots from the BLM / Antifa thugs? If you support their violence but are against the January 6th protest, then you are intellectually dishonest.
Deleted User 89

Walrus wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:10 pm Well, the trial is likely to not go as many might expect. The question is: how many of you will condemn the violence when we see the riots from the BLM / Antifa thugs? If you support their violence but are against the January 6th protest, then you are intellectually dishonest.
no, that’d make someone a hypocrite

you’re so bad at this
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:37 am
Walrus wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:10 pm Well, the trial is likely to not go as many might expect. The question is: how many of you will condemn the violence when we see the riots from the BLM / Antifa thugs? If you support their violence but are against the January 6th protest, then you are intellectually dishonest.
no, that’d make someone a hypocrite

you’re so bad at this
What I love is that he doesn't recognize his own hypocrisy for supporting the storming of the capitol while condemning the BLM protests.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so very sad.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.