Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
twocoach

Re: Totally random thread

Post by twocoach »

Grandma wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:49 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:31 pm I am officially a KU Dad! My daughter just officially announced that she will be headed to KU for college in the fall. Rock Chalk!!!
Congrats! Not sure if I am happier for you or her.
It was a really good fit for her and I haven't seen her this happy and excited in a long time.

My grandpa was KU Class of 1933.
My parents were KU Class of 1965.
And now my daughter is KU Class of 2025.

A very good day indeed.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Bravo!
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Congrats twocoach. Hope she enjoys it as much as I did. College was way too short.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Congrats twocoach.
My daughters went to statie and kentucky.
Defense. Rebounds.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:29 am Congrats twocoach.
My daughters went to statie and kentucky.
Out of the will, yeah?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Oh yeah
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:26 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:21 pm the lost viking highway

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/hist ... D24E026F2C
Fascinating and awesome...and thats jusy the skim version. Ill read the whole article later when little people go to bed.
i had a feeling you’d like that
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Wow. It's finds like this makes being an archeologist an exciting profession.
Deleted User 89

it’s a time capsule for sure

everything preserved just the way they were

crazy that they found clothing
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Sitting in the park eating my food. Little girl walking with her mother looks at me and says Daddy.
This seems to happen to me at least once a year.
I don’t get it. I’m tempted to ask the mothers (or “caregivers”) why the kids would think I’m their daddy but I never have. Would it be inappropriate for me to do as such?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Grandma wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:37 pm Sitting in the park eating my food. Little girl walking with her mother looks at me and says Daddy.
I don’t get it. I’m tempted to ask the mothers (or “caregivers”) why the kids would think I’m their daddy but I never have. Would it be inappropriate for me to do as such?
I get the same thing, but it's the moms who point at me and call me daddy.

That's not true. It's a lie, like Lobster posts and pdub encourages.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

It's fascinating that I'm mentioned in pretty much every thread 24/7.

"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Grandma wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:37 pm Sitting in the park eating my food. Little girl walking with her mother looks at me and says Daddy.
break up with her.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Well guys, it looks like I may be banned soon. I was called out for even questioning the safety of a vaccine that has proven to kill some people.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Walrus wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:11 pm Well guys, it looks like I may be banned soon. I was called out for even questioning the safety of a vaccine that has proven to kill some people. :lol:
colbond

Post by colbond »

Walrus wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:11 pm Well guys, it looks like I may be banned soon. I was called out for even questioning the safety of a vaccine that has proven to kill some people.
No, you were warned for posting false information in the COVID thread. Since you decided to get into it publicly, you posted "The vaccine won't help you unless you continue to take it every year." In this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&p=172353#p172353

The tiniest bit of research leads to a plethora of articles explaining that we simply do not know at this point how effective the vaccine will be long term, and it may vary from vaccine to vaccine. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... ed-to-know

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local ... very-year/

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... s/faq.html
Deleted User 89

A [Lawrence] Kansas Bookshop’s Fight With Amazon

https://www.newyorker.com/news/us-journ ... e-of-books
Deleted User 289

Today's edition of wtf?

Check out from about the 5:50 mark. The mother fucker did it with cops 10, 15, 20 feet away.

https://twitter.com/CWBChicago/status/1 ... 8370709505
Deleted User 289

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:27 pm A [Lawrence] Kansas Bookshop’s Fight With Amazon

https://www.newyorker.com/news/us-journ ... e-of-books
Meant to respond after I read that. Great article - thanks for sharing!
Deleted User 289

I live in an apartment building. The apartment directly next door and the apartment on the exact opposite end of hallway are vacant and they are currently doing construction. During the week it seems they wait until I have something work (or personal) related that I need to be on a Zoom or phone call for - before they start making noise. Of course they don't plan it that way but it happens.

Being that I live in a building with a lot of doctors and nurses, not everyone works "9 to 5". I feel bad for those who work night shifts when they are doing construction during their "sleep time" but I get that if construction is to take place, it's best for most people to have it be done during the day time.

It's Saturday 7:20am. They didn't start doing actual construction in the apartments yet but they are currently "prepping" in the hallway/s and they are being LOUD. I'm awake (no shit - right?) so it's not bothering me but if I was a resident who was trying to sleep I would be pissed.

All that being said, I'm not saying anything to management but do you feel a resident has the right to bitch they are making a lot of noise at 7:20am on a Saturday and what time do you feel is "fair"/"right" for them to begin on a Saturday morning?