CBB 20/21 season, non-ku

Kansas Basketball.
MICHHAWK

Re: CBB 20/21 season, non-ku

Post by MICHHAWK »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:34 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:24 pm I don't know what the covid testing protocals are exactly when a player tests positive after a game.

I assume the protocals dictate that duke cannot be cleared to play before the start of the tournament next week. Therefore are ineligible. Otherwise they would not pull the plug on the season if there was a chance they could be cleared as a team to compete.
We know what the protocols are for the tournament because our team is going through the same thing. There is still enough time that K could accept a tourney invite.

The difference is, we are playing next week because we are good and K's going to take his ball and go home just like all the other times his team has sucked ass.
Our positive tests came on Monday. So we got a head start. Maybe that makes a difference. I don't know. I just find it hard to believe that duke would quit on their season if there was a chance they could play next week.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Yeah, K wanted to quit 5 games in.

And Gutter the fact that the NCAA didn't say anything and we haven't heard them say it's because of a protocol only further makes me think this is just taking your ball and going home.

K might be a great coach, but he's a pouty little child too.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:40 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:24 pm I don't know what the covid testing protocals are exactly when a player tests positive after a game.

I assume the protocals dictate that duke cannot be cleared to play before the start of the tournament next week. Therefore are ineligible. Otherwise they would not pull the plug on the season if there was a chance they could be cleared as a team to compete.
We know what the protocols are for the tournament because our team is going through the same thing. There is still enough time that K could accept a tourney invite.

The difference is, we are playing next week because we are good and K's going to take his ball and go home just like all the other times his team has sucked ass.
Our positive tests came on Monday. So we got a head start. Maybe that makes a difference. I don't know. I just find it hard to believe that duke would quit on their season if there was a chance they could play next week.
It's 7 days and the NCAA has a backup plan for all teams that don't make it in time. There's no statement by dook saying they wouldn't be ready in time next week.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If it were our program, I can hear Coach Self's first words in my head already:

"We just want to play."
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

MICHHAWK wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:40 pm

Wouldn't they say that.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:42 pm If it were our program, I can hear Coach Self's first words in my head already:

"We just want to play."
"Gosh almighty we've been through too much to just stop. We wanna play"
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:49 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:42 pm If it were our program, I can hear Coach Self's first words in my head already:

"We just want to play."
"Gosh almighty we've been through too much to just stop. We wanna play"
At the very least there'd be an explanation about we got the positive test X number of days and we need Y days to play again, and the tournament would start and we don't have the requisite number of players......

Something to the effect of the NCAA rules won't allow us to play...not just, we're done.

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

NCAA has stated multiple times that as long as a team has 5 players that can pass the protocol, they are good to go. I think Duke would be OK if they left a positive testing walk-on home and took the guys who would actually play. That's why there's no statement other than "we're done". K's built in excuse for missing the tourney so his legacy isn't tarnished by an awful team that couldn't get a bid.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:37 pm NCAA has stated multiple times that as long as a team has 5 players that can pass the protocol, they are good to go. I think Duke would be OK if they left a positive testing walk-on home and took the guys who would actually play. That's why there's no statement other than "we're done". K's built in excuse for missing the tourney so his legacy isn't tarnished by an awful team that couldn't get a bid.
Frame this post.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

He just screenshotted a notes, quality press release
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Is that because of the plantation comment?

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Doesn't look like we were on his ( Ty Ty ) offer list of like 30 plus schools.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I heard it's because he saw that one of the KU message boards was a platform for anti-vax rhetoric.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:25 pm Is that because of the plantation comment?
That's what it looks like and I have not seen that being refuted.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Even if we were on his list, and even if he committed, would he be an impact player any time soon? Like is a true freshman gonna beat out Dajuan?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:42 pm Even if we were on his list, and even if he committed, would he be an impact player any time soon? Like is a true freshman gonna beat out Dajuan?
Dotson woulda.
He was the no. 4 overall PG.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't think we recruited him--posted more because that has to be one of Creighton's highest recruits ever and their coach blew it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Looks like Illinois was on his shortlist.
Don't know their PG situation but they've had a very good year.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:43 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:42 pm Even if we were on his list, and even if he committed, would he be an impact player any time soon? Like is a true freshman gonna beat out Dajuan?
Dotson woulda.
He was the no. 4 overall PG.
Yeah, but we didn’t know that until Dotson did Dotson things. If he was part of next year’s class, we’d expect him to be coming off the bench. Heck, before the season started, we were expecting him to come off the bench behind Charlie Moore.