COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:32 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:15 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:56 am

It's murky as to whether I qualify as being in the "Financial Sector". In any case, I'm signed up to volunteer at a vaccine site, which hopefully results in a stab.
My wife is administering the shots at her clinic. She is finding any small avenue to get people the vaccine. They have 200 that they have to use for basically one day. So buddy of mine is a roofer, but he does estimates and deals with people at their homes, she found a pathway for him to get a vaccine.

There's not much questioning because it can be a bit unclear on what exactly is what.
Lobster thinks your wife is intentionally killing people and covering it up.

When I scheduled my appointment, they listed the criteria and asked if you met them. I said yes, because working in Higher Ed was one of the criteria. When I actually went, they didn't ask for anything but my insurance and drivers license.

It also looked like they were set up to handle more people than were there. Barely any line less than 5 minutes before I got my shot.
Some weird things going on in KS and MO because they keep shipping too many doses to unpopulated areas.

Some places in KS are bumping attorneys to phase 2 (I'm not sure why, I could argue attorneys being very last). I was also told that some retailers are sticking whoever signs up after Biden announced everyone gets one by May. It also seems most places are letting anyone sign up when there are extra appointments. Under all of that, I signed up in a spot I believed I qualified for under the assumption that it would be fleshed out via phone or on site.

Showed up, they asked my name and DOB which I told verbally. Said OK and injected the tracker in my left arm.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:39 pm Seems I'm an essential worker in IT/Telecom.
Will be done at the UK football stadium. I had a test there right before Christmas. Pretty well organized.
Requested, not scheduled.
I hate needles. Irrational fear of them. I wish they would quit showing people getting vaccinated. Makes me want to skip it. I cringe every time I see it.
I hear you bro. Good luck. I’m the same way about needles. Hopefully you get one of those nurses who intentionally talks your ear off about lord knows what to distract you so by the time she gets done with her story, you already got poked and didn’t even notice.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I love those nurses. Mrs 99 ain't one of them. She just tells me to suck it up and quit whining.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dang.

What would be the funniest story for a nurse to share in that situation?

...so he says, that’s quite an act, what do you call yourselves? “The Aristocrats!” Anywho so you got the shot, have a nice day.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:56 pm Image
At first I had the blink 182 chick in my mind but this is better
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:50 pm I love those nurses. Mrs 99 ain't one of them. She just tells me to suck it up and quit whining.
I don't know why, but I barely felt the covid vax. The flu shot is multiple times more noticeable.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I didn't even feel my shot, it was over before I had a chance to wince.

A framing contractor I use who is around 55 years old got his shot in Eudora. It seems that a lot of the more rural folk are opting not to get the shot so there is an excess of doses. He called the Baptist church and they said come on down.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I had the flu shot last fall. For the 1st time ever. Didn't feel it much. Still was freaking out about it.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

i guess it makes sense, but i just found out that utah is getting fewer doses per capita since we’ve got the second highest population of 16 and unders

mormons doing mormon things
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

defixione wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:07 pm I didn't even feel my shot, it was over before I had a chance to wince.

A framing contractor I use who is around 55 years old got his shot in Eudora. It seems that a lot of the more rural folk are opting not to get the shot so there is an excess of doses. He called the Baptist church and they said come on down.
That and Mike Parson shipped 2000 doses to Leopold, Missouri, population 69.

Then at least a couple thousand for a mass vax cite in Mercer County that couldn't fulfill them all and faced cancellation over extreme lack of appointments.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Walrus wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:49 pm If you want to risk you health with big Pharma, you have the right to do that. I'm not scared -- I'm not the one afraid to get covid. The vaccine won't help you unless you continue to take it every year.

Can't spell Pharma without harm.
I just read this.
Seriously, what the heck is wrong with you?
I'm wondering if I should also ask you - what the heck is wrong with your wife?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Lobby = meth addict
Lobby wife = mail order
Deleted User 89

if she even exists...like his black friends, rich friends, and doctor friends
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Employees received an eloquent email from our CEO this morning.
It was in regards to what we have experienced and gone through together (as a company) and personally this past year.
Due to compliance reasons I can't share it word for word but I'll go ahead and say whoever wrote it should probably be hired to write speeches for and work for a/any prominent politician.
Anyways, one of the impressive things our company did about a year ago was give employees a "stipend" to distribute to someone or multiple people we care about, who have been severely impacted by the virus, and we feel NEED the money.
It could be a family member/s, your maid, a church, a restaurant owner, whomever you chose, but it was requested (not mandatory) that you inform H.R. how you chose to distribute the money.
Today's email stated the "program" will now be permanently implemented on a yearly basis.
I have mixed feelings.
ALL employees are paid well. To me, all employees should be giving something (if not money - time) to help others in need - without being prompted to do as such and/or given a separate "stipend" from our company to do it.
The timing is also strange to me. On March 15th we all get a very generous "performance" bonus.
While I have no doubt we probably have some employees who very well may need those bonuses for extremely valid reasons, there isn't a single person who couldn't give the same dollar amount as the "stipend" out of their bonus and still be able to survive just fine.

On a related note - I find it interesting how the company is expressing to the employees to "get vaccinated". In no way are they stating it's "mandatory" but it's clearly more than just a suggestion.
I have a feeling no matter when we start returning to the office, employees will be told they must continue to work from home until they are vaccinated. Not sure if that's kosher from a legal standpoint but it does make SOME sense to me if that were to be implemented.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Vaccine 1. 2 hours in.

Completely fine.

Get 2nd vaccine in a month.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

supposedly all adults in utah will be eligible come april 1. unfortunately, i have a feeling getting an actual appointment is going to be a giant clusterfuck because i live in Salt Lake County
Deleted User 89

and right on queue, wife’s coworker that she’s been training got a positive test result today

guess we’re getting tested

all sorts of “good” news this week
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Stay safe dude.