KU Football 2021 off season thread

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: KU Football 2021 off season thread

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The GOAT DC for KU Bill Young passed away.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

If only during those years KU had anything that resembled an offense and a QB. (recurring theme, smh.)

Remember going to Arrowhead to watch freshman All Day Peterson get absolutely shut down by, I believe a Bill Young coached defense.

RIP.
Holidaysmore - 2005
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Just announced spring practice will start March 30 instead of March 23. Press release seems to hint that the new AD will be hired before then. Spring game is May 1.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:06 pm Just announced spring practice will start March 30 instead of March 23. Press release seems to hint that the new AD will be hired before then. Spring game is May 1.
I read the email and am trying to come up with a reason why we need an actual AD before Jones starts his practices.

Is there that big of an issue that needs a stamp that an interim can't give just to start spring practice?

This honestly wasn't even worth an email--just seems like a veiled attempt at letting the fans know a timeline on the AD hire.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:25 pm If only during those years KU had anything that resembled an offense and a QB. (recurring theme, smh.)

Remember going to Arrowhead to watch freshman All Day Peterson get absolutely shut down by, I believe a Bill Young coached defense.

RIP.
Chaz Gordon!

Got an MIC one half beer deep in the Camarohead parking lot. ABC made us pour everything we had in the drain. Sober, miserable evening.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The prevailing rumor is that KU wants to have a new AD by Easter.

Ahhh what a pain in the ass that must have been!

Buddies and I rode down on a student union sponsored bus. Get down to the student section and we saw a girl that lived on our floor freshman year. She was beyond sloppy drunk and getting hauled out by security. The video use to be on YouTube. She now is married to a good friend of mine and has two kids. Go figure.

Game is over. Head back to the bus. Not even out of the parking lot a girl pukes on the floor. Had to ride all the way back to Lawrence with the sweet smell of defeat, sweat and vom.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Jesse released a list:

- Mojahir
- Floodman
- Goff
- Jason Booker, Royals. Was mentioned before the Long hire. Hadn't seen his name until now on this one.
- Rick Hart, SMU.
- Conboy
- Hunter Lochman. Monumental Sports & Entertainment chief marketing officer--sports entertainment group that owns six teams, which includes the NBA’s Washington Wizards and NHL’s Washington Capitals. In 2018, Lochmann was named one of Adweek’s “24 Rising Brand Stars” in DC.
UnholyLivingDead

I guess now that basketball season is over we can pick this up again.

https://twitter.com/M_Vernon/status/1374421974076649482
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Someone is going to have to tell me why that isn't a pretty good option for KU.
Holidaysmore - 2005
UnholyLivingDead

Same here, I would be extremely happy if he took the job.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:25 pm Someone is going to have to tell me why that isn't a pretty good option for KU.
Don’t be surprised if Monken comes with him. Some may not like that. I think he’d be great because he would bring a strong and firm attitude to the program and may have something different being a very diverse offense with his option background.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i don’t see how any reasonable fan could scoff at getting Monken
UnholyLivingDead

Anyone feel like speculating about this one? Or should we just meet back here to commiserate once the news comes out?

https://twitter.com/BryBryStrick/status ... 5287048193
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

That has to be infractions, right? Maybe Grandpa Leslie was pulling his same stunts here at KU like he did at LSU?

KU is disbanding the entire football program. Bull dozing Memorial to build a parking lot?

Clint Bowen, will be announced as the new HC tomorrow.

The possibilities are endless.
Holidaysmore - 2005
UnholyLivingDead

I would image it's infraction, yeah? That seems like a lot of hype just for losing a recruit or something. I guess the first scenario I thought of is we lost Davis, the 4-star WR. Haha what's the NCAA going to do, issue a bowl ban?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I mean, worse than we’ve already endured?

What is that?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lol...the hits just keep coming for the entire university

(kinda glad i got out when i did)
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Quay Davis probably not going to be able to make it to campus.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:00 am I mean, worse than we’ve already endured?

What is that?
I don't even want to ask nor do I want to find out. I always say, 'well it can't get worse'. KUFB says, 'hold my beer'.

For once I thought this program just might be headed in the right direction. I am fully waiting for the next dick kick to my KU football groin.
Holidaysmore - 2005
UnholyLivingDead

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:09 am Quay Davis probably not going to be able to make it to campus.
That's what I first thought it was. And if that's what it is, then I guess that's not so bad, all things considered.