KU Football 2021 off season thread

Kansas Football.
holidaysmore

Re: KU Football 2021 off season thread

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:09 am Quay Davis probably not going to be able to make it to campus.
https://twitter.com/kiahwthshtz/status/ ... 3056682%2F

SMH, if this is legit the reason for that nonsense of a tweet that fool needs to log off forever. Sure, we would all love to have that kid on campus but that aint shit. Had me thinking over here that KUFB was about to get the death penalty for what would be undoubtedly the worst return on cheating.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Let me know when there is a more credible source that BryBry
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah, he's been spot on lately. Was before anyone else and spot on with Dearmon leaving, DeBord being hired as OC, with Les being fired and Jones being the interim, but a noted overreactor to events. This is minor in the broad scope of things involving KU football. Awful for that young lady and despicable for Davis. But for Kansas Football, all is still well if that's all it is.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:23 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:09 am Quay Davis probably not going to be able to make it to campus.
https://twitter.com/kiahwthshtz/status/ ... 3056682%2F

SMH, if this is legit the reason for that nonsense of a tweet that fool needs to log off forever. Sure, we would all love to have that kid on campus but that aint shit. Had me thinking over here that KUFB was about to get the death penalty for what would be undoubtedly the worst return on cheating.
Well damn, if this is what's going on then Stricker definitely played this up for interactions on his tweet. This program doesn't need Davis. He won't be playing college football anywhere, let alone at Kansas. Good riddance then.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I mean he did 'break' something none of us knew about it was just way over dramatic.

That is of course all of this is true and Quay is who we was referring to in his doomsday tweet.

Kid had every major D1 school in the country after him. Decommitted from SMU, Texas and then SC before choosing KU. We should have all know this was way to be good to be true.

Which does this put Jones in a bad light since he was the lead recruiter for Davis? He had to have known about the red flags but KU still approved his scholarship anyway?
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Noted too that Bry started a new job as a Social Media content guy for Bleacher Report and Bleacher Report betting.

He'll be a clickbait guy, but he's still accurate. Just overreacts for the clicks.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:33 am Noted too that Bry started a new job as a Social Media content guy for Bleacher Report and Bleacher Report betting.

He'll be a clickbait guy, but he's still accurate. Just overreacts for the clicks.
Good for that guy and he did his job. Had all of us freaked out for a half in hour.

That is, of course, we got caught dropping off the bag to Quay and that is what he is referencing. Which, considering how sloppy our mens basketball team operates and how second rate adidas is with cheating wouldn't surprise me at all.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Kansas football interim HC Emmett Jones is showing what leadership looks like

https://throughthephog.com/2021/03/25/k ... apple-news
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

In the last month, we had our head coach get fired over presumably lying about an investigation into him sexually harassing college girls. Then the AD was effectively fired for his role in that coach's hiring and firing.

If Quay is "bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad news," how many "bads" do we need for the other stuff that has gone on this month? 100?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:59 am In the last month, we had our head coach get fired over presumably lying about an investigation into him sexually harassing college girls. Then the AD was effectively fired for his role in that coach's hiring and firing.

If Quay is "bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad news," how many "bads" do we need for the other stuff that has gone on this month? 100?
This is why you don't follow a douche who calls himself BryBry and just wait an additional 20 minutes for another source. These clowns who think BREAKING NEWS is a meaning thing in todays media is too damn funny.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

A recruit at wide receiver also doesn't move the needle as much for me.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Bro you're not tracking this correctly. What you really need to be worrying about is how long will it be until we get some good, good, good, good, good, good, good news?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT KU FOOBALL NEWS, STAY TUNED!

HERE IT IS: FIRST PRACTICE LOOKED SO GOOD THAT THE TEAM RECEIVED 2 SNICKERS BARS INSTEAD OF THE USUAL 1!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:07 pm A recruit at wide receiver also doesn't move the needle as much for me.
Especially if Monken is hired and he runs a hybrid-option offense ;)

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I am going to want to know when they roll-out the Almond Joys.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:12 pm GREAT, GREAT, GREAT KU FOOBALL NEWS, STAY TUNED!

HERE IT IS: FIRST PRACTICE LOOKED SO GOOD THAT THE TEAM RECEIVED 2 SNICKERS BARS INSTEAD OF THE USUAL 1!
Now you got it!

Also, thanks fore the BREAKING NEWS! Going to be a great day now.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

How awesome would it be if the worst KU Football news this offseason was that Quay was no longer coming?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm looking forward to a Matt Taint article following a 35 point loss praising our guys for lining up right.

Then I'll know all is right with the world.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I went to my last KU game when Beaty was coach when the score was reasonably close in the second quarter when, on a 4th and short, a time out was called. I thought to myself at the time, “Going for it. Good.” Then the punting team came, only to see a flag for not enough personnel on the line and a shank 17 yard punt.

I left and never returned and turned in season tickets at the 50 under the press box.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:32 pm How awesome would it be if the worst KU Football news this offseason was that Quay was no longer coming?
At this point, for all the other reason you mentioned I would take it.
Holidaysmore - 2005