KU Football 2021 off season thread

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: KU Football 2021 off season thread

Post by Sparko »

Is he good enough to start at Kansas? Seriously? Yeah. Easily.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

Didn't Jones say this week the idea was to get high school kids? I don't hate the idea of picking up the transfer qb and he might be the starter next year. But KU got to high school qbs this year already. Now a transfer qb?
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

nu_bronco wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:56 pm Didn't Jones say this week the idea was to get high school kids? I don't hate the idea of picking up the transfer qb and he might be the starter next year. But KU got to high school qbs this year already. Now a transfer qb?
I think him having 3 years of eligibility left may have something to do with it.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:43 pm
nu_bronco wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:56 pm Didn't Jones say this week the idea was to get high school kids? I don't hate the idea of picking up the transfer qb and he might be the starter next year. But KU got to high school qbs this year already. Now a transfer qb?
I think him having 3 years of eligibility left may have something to do with it.
Yeah, 3 years left is good. Just curious about his HS ranking/offers. If he really showed enough to prove the HS ranking/offers wrong and that he has what it takes to be a P5 qb. I know the jury is still out if Daniels can be a P5 qb and most of us think Kendrick doesn't have enough. Just hope it isn't a guy that uses a scholarship that we might have been able to use elsewhere.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

North Texas, La Tech and SMU.

He redshirted, so that helped development.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Reesing was an under-sized dude who was passed over by some big schools.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

I don't think we should put the pressure of being compared to Reesing on him just yet. But I would enjoy seeing a qb that was half as productive as Reesing was (not just yardage/touchdowns, but wins/loss %). It would be a nice change.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

UnholyLivingDead

I think of either of those would be a good hire, I'd be excited about either one taking the job. A few more sources this morning starting to indicate the search is in its final stages. Seeing a lot of chatter about the search team highly valuing experience which seems to tip the scales in Goff's favor.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yep. Committee apparently is obsessed to with current sitting ADs.

Does Virginia’s AD make a jump here? Something to monitor.

But I think Goff is the leading candidate. He’s been a big backbone of Northwestern Athletics for many years and is the football lead point too.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I get the feeling that the names being mentioned in the public are a smoke screen for someone else we haven't heard yet. It is also KU Athletics so they probably hired Banks last week and are waiting to announce it at a later date.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

5 questions for those who read this post.
1) Who would you like KU to hire to be the next AD?
2) Have reached out to Girod to voice your opinion?
3) If KU hired Charlie Strong to be the next head coach, on a scale of 0-100 (0 being the happiest you have ever been in your life and 100 being the most upset you have ever been) how upset would you be?
4) Besides Men's Basketball, do you feel KU Athletics are in the lower 10% of all of the "Big 5" conferences programs?
5) How many combined total wins do you think KU Football will have over the next 3 seasons?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. Goff
2. No. He won't read it.
3. In my life? This is such a small scale. 70. It's average in terms of my life. Sports life is a diff story.
4. Yes.
5. 10.

UnholyLivingDead

1. I'm leaning toward Goff at this point.
2. No, it wouldn't make a difference.
3. Like, a 50? I guess right in the middle because it wouldn't make me happy or upset. That's pretty low on the list of things in the grand scheme of my entire life that would upset me and would be pretty meh in terms of happiness.
4. No. Recent success by track & field, soccer, tennis, and volleyball keeps them out of the bottom 10%.
5. 9. 3 per year seems attainable.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Mike Vernon (new KU beat writer lol) said this..

Washington State AD Pat Chun has impressed in interviews. Has been there for 3 years and done well at one of the toughest programs to attract talent to in the P5. Was with Florida Atlantic for 5 years and previously at Ohio State for 15 years.

Committee is not as focused on a KU person anymore.

UnholyLivingDead

Chun would be a good hire if the committee feels like they need to grab a sitting AD. I'd still be more excited for Goff and maybe Harrity, but it would be hard to complain about that hire.
UnholyLivingDead

Seeing a lot of Washington State people reacting to Vernon's tweet saying losing Chun would be devastating for them. If they like him that much, that has to be a solid endorsement, at least from the fan perspective, lol.
UnholyLivingDead

With spring practice starting today, there are some roster notes starting to trickle out....
  • Torry Locklin moved back to QB from RB
  • TK Williams moved to safety from WR
  • Fullback Ben Miles is still on the team
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:46 pm With spring practice starting today, there are some roster notes starting to trickle out....
Don't know why Locklin has still not gotten a shot.

UnholyLivingDead

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:57 pm
UnholyLivingDead wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:46 pm With spring practice starting today, there are some roster notes starting to trickle out....
Don't know why Locklin has still not gotten a shot.
I remember being at the first spring game he played in. He was impressive. Decent size and mobile. Would have liked to see him play QB last year.