KU Football 2021 off season thread

Kansas Football.
UnholyLivingDead

Re: KU Football 2021 off season thread

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

I have always been extremely lukewarm to Fritz every time his name has come up for the job in the past, mostly because he's on the older end of coaches I'd like to see them go after. But at this point, if the buzz is true and Fritz REALLY wants to coach at KU, I wouldn't hate it. I'd prefer Monken or Leipold but Fritz would be fine.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Again, if you believe what is true Leipold's camp wants the KU job. Again, if that is true you drop the bag off right now. Like immediately. Forget the damn AD search go get Leipold. That would be a home run hire for a program that hasn't even been at bat in a decade.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:56 am Again, if you believe what is true Leipold's camp wants the KU job. Again, if that is true you drop the bag off right now. Like immediately. Forget the damn AD search go get Leipold. That would be a home run hire for a program that hasn't even been at bat in a decade.
If you don't get Leipold now, you won't at the end of the year.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:01 am
holidaysmore wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:56 am Again, if you believe what is true Leipold's camp wants the KU job. Again, if that is true you drop the bag off right now. Like immediately. Forget the damn AD search go get Leipold. That would be a home run hire for a program that hasn't even been at bat in a decade.
Or potentially ever. KU, has a golden opportunity to get this program turned around with the first legitimate head coaching hire maybe in program history. DROP THE FREAKING BAG OFF.

I have a feeling we hear something this week about an AD hire and a coaching announcement follows shortly after. The pessimistic side in me says the longer we wait the more likely KU screws it up.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:10 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:01 am
Or potentially ever. KU, has a golden opportunity to get this program turned around with the first legitimate head coaching hire maybe in program history. DROP THE FREAKING BAG OFF.

I have a feeling we hear something this week about an AD hire and a coaching announcement follows shortly after. The pessimistic side in me says the longer we wait the more likely KU screws it up.
I can almost guarantee that whoever is interviewing for the AD has talked with numerous potential HC. And have that list with them. That didn't work great with Long/Miles, although at the time, I thought that it would have.

But I bet that Goff and Dannen have 2 or 3 guys each ready to go.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

UnholyLivingDead

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Summary:

Here are some candidates we think could be interested in the job. Other than that we don’t know a thing. Please buy our services so you can read a speculative article.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Still seems to be Dannen and Goff as the 2 finalists from everything that's been reported.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Dannen and Goff are the two public 'candidates' but I have a strong feeling they are using those names as a smoke screen for someone else.

Or we just hired Banks and Danny.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Would imagine AD is announced by early next week.

UnholyLivingDead

I bet we hear the name pretty soon, whether that's official or the insiders put it out there. Everything moving pretty fast, I imagine the Bill Self contract extension is a sign the AD search is wrapping up.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:00 am I bet we hear the name pretty soon, whether that's official or the insiders put it out there. Everything moving pretty fast, I imagine the Bill Self contract extension is a sign the AD search is wrapping up.
Agree. At this point probably agreed to, just figuring out the small details.

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Would love Goff.

UnholyLivingDead

I guess the job listing has been taken down in addition to this update.

https://twitter.com/M_Vernon/status/137 ... 62788?s=19
UnholyLivingDead

FootballScoop has an update here: https://footballscoop.com/news/sources- ... ing-focus/

Summed up with my thoughts:

1. Travis Goff seems like the guy at AD and it sounds like that will be announced today.
2. Willie Fritz sounds like he still really wants to be the KU football coach, which I guess is good considering he's been ignored twice already.
3. Jeff Monken is seriously in play here. KU is one of the schools on his list that he could leave for without a buyout.
4. Lance Leipold is also very much a candidate. I'd be excited about any of those 3 at this point.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

It’s going to be Goff and Fritz.

Wouldn’t hate it. Fritz up there in age, but wins everywhere.

Would probably rather Monken compared to Fritz. But Goff is going to be the guy leading the charge.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If you're down to Fritz, give it to Jones.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:39 am If you're down to Fritz, give it to Jones.
I would agree. Still think they’re going to give Jones a shot and then pick.