Kansas City thread

Coffee talk.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Kansas City thread

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

99 - Thanks, I really enjoyed that.

The buzz I've heard about this Don Chilito's drama is that he's just trying to go down in flames. The restaurant is past it's time to close and he's trying to take some kind of political stand to both draw attention to himself and then blame the big bad government and its mask mandates when he shuts the place down.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Thanks, and that sounds pretty reasonable. Blame the libs.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:29 pm 99 - Thanks, I really enjoyed that.

The buzz I've heard about this Don Chilito's drama is that he's just trying to go down in flames. The restaurant is past it's time to close and he's trying to take some kind of political stand to both draw attention to himself and then blame the big bad government and its mask mandates when he shuts the place down.
Is it bad that I saw tweets about a famous bar in San Diego burning down, and raised my eyebrow?
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I like Don Chilitos.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Raptors to Tampa.

2020 has been kind to Tampa sports fans.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

If anyone could comment, I'd appreciate it. I've been away from KC for so long and haven't gotten to really explore like in the past. Someone I know is considering buying a home in the areas of the Lea Manor, Willow Creek, or Linden Hills. I read that Boone Hills is unsafe -- is this really true? Curious if this area has improved.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:08 pm If anyone could comment, I'd appreciate it. I've been away from KC for so long and haven't gotten to really explore like in the past. Someone I know is consideriIng buying a home in the areas of the Lea Manor, Willow Creek, or Linden Hills. I read that Boone Hills is unsafe -- is this really true? Curious if this area has improved.
Did you inform this person that it is stupid to buy a home? That the entire housing market is going to fall apart when the astroid hits?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Overlander wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:44 am
Walrus wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:08 pm If anyone could comment, I'd appreciate it. I've been away from KC for so long and haven't gotten to really explore like in the past. Someone I know is consideriIng buying a home in the areas of the Lea Manor, Willow Creek, or Linden Hills. I read that Boone Hills is unsafe -- is this really true? Curious if this area has improved.
Did you inform this person that it is stupid to buy a home? That the entire housing market is going to fall apart when the astroid hits?
Fucking gold!
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

It is stupid to buy a home or condo in Palm Springs, but there are locations in Kansas that are not overvalued.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Walrus wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:10 am It is stupid to buy a home or condo in Palm Springs, but there are locations in Kansas that are not overvalued.
You are so woefully ignorant. Just stop.
https://www.redfin.com/city/14315/CA/Pa ... ing-market
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

The property you sold last year has already depreciated $30,000 according to Zillow, which is saying something given that Zillow tends to appraise everything higher than it should be.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Back to Kansas City. Saw a cool picture the other day of the skyline. That's beautiful skyline.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Yep, I cannot even ask a simple question about KC without some others getting triggered and hijacking it into something else. :lol:
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s a matter of timing the question right.

You should have waited to ask this winter, or sooner.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:46 am Back to Kansas City. Saw a cool picture the other day of the skyline. That's beautiful skyline.
It's fine. That said, it's something when your kid is used to KC, and then you go to Chicago or NYC and there are dozens and dozens of buildings that would dominate this skyline.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:12 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:46 am Back to Kansas City. Saw a cool picture the other day of the skyline. That's beautiful skyline.
It's fine. That said, it's something when your kid is used to KC, and then you go to Chicago or NYC and there are dozens and dozens of buildings that would dominate this skyline.
I think the skyline is a lot better than you would expect given the small amount of activity that downtown actually has. Compare it to a newer and bigger city like Phoenix, whose skyline blows.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I love the spread out skyline that is not overwhelming. Chicago and NYC seem overwhelming (haven't been to either city)
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I live in an area where skylines are awesome, but honestly, I would rather live in KC now given the situation of where Cali is headed.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:16 pm
I think the skyline is a lot better than you would expect given the small amount of activity that downtown actually has. Compare it to a newer and bigger city like Phoenix, whose skyline blows.
Sure, yes, agree. And the architecture of One Kansas City Place (to track City Hall) is a very nice touch.

Also nice that there's not a brutalist eyesore, like the old Target headquarters building in Minneapolis.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i’ve grown rather fond of this skyline

and the view of Mt Olympus from my front porch