Charlie Moore

Kansas Basketball.
PhDhawk

Charlie Moore

Post by PhDhawk »

Is he in a funk, or is this just who he is?

His best scoring game was Tenn and he was 3 of 10. He's not a great distrubuter, or defender so what does he bring if he's not scoring? His TS% is .35 and his eFG% is .29.

At least he's not turning the ball over.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Charlie Moore

Post by Sparko »

He is as raw as I've seen since the Ted Owens era. I like his confidence and do believe he'll make a turn. But hours of practice required.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Sparko wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:46 am He is as raw as I've seen since the Ted Owens era. I like his confidence and do believe he'll make a turn. But hours of practice required.
Prior to Grimes' hot stretch, my wife says, if Charlie Moore had Grimes skill and body, or if Grimes had Charlie Moore's confidence we'd really have a special player.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

There was a question as to whether he'd be more Tharpe, or more Mason. I think the early returns are enough to call that one.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

He's small and an inefficient scorer, at least so far....transfers are always a toss up. I like his attitude....but I'm doubtful he's ever going to be the type of player I'd prefer starting at KU.....at least until the draft guidelines change and that's the type of players who come to college....

I think he can be a very good guard off the bench for us for the next few years. Anything more than that will surprise me because he's a below average defender it seems.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I can see him coaching in several years, looking like Wall Street firebrand. I am not sure I can see him distributing the ball efficiently.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:55 am There was a question as to whether he'd be more Tharpe, or more Mason. I think the early returns are enough to call that one.
He's more of a Malik Newman who can't shoot minus the elite quickness.

I really want him to find his stroke and fill it up in a game or two and make me look like a twocoach.

Deleted User 75

A slow, non shooting, Malik Newman doesn't sound very appealing when you put it like that!

Speaking of Malik, how awesome would our backcourt be with him starting alongside Dotson! We'd be fast as fuck and have a big time scoring guard. I have to imagine he'd have improved his NBA stock, and his game in general, playing 1 more year at KU....unfortunately I think his mind was made up years ago about how long he'd be in college instead of evaluating the best path as they went.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

be patient with charlie. he can shoot the ball well. hes a scorer. he just needs to get comfortable here at KU. get some confidence and rhythm going. the shots will start falling
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

randylahey wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:56 pm be patient with charlie. he can shoot the ball well. hes a scorer. he just needs to get comfortable here at KU. get some confidence and rhythm going. the shots will start falling
I do think his eyes as wide as platters tends to endorse this. He was tossed into an elite mix and is visibly still trying to figure out sometimes where he should be. I think he chucked the 35-footer yesterday mostly because he wasn't sure where to go next.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Reverse jinx worked.

You're welcome.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

After I posted that he went back to being unproductive....guess I have to be critical of him for the good of the team.

Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Charlie visually looks like he could pull a Ladybugs on the KUWBB squad. I’m chalking the girls success and Charles 3 minute gas tank on it.
I am, I said.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think he's a talent, and great piece to have on a contender.

He's shown flashes, but has yet to put together a complete game.

I think he will, and I look forward to it.
Deleted User 75

Soklous wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:40 am Charlie visually looks like he could pull a Ladybugs on the KUWBB squad. I’m chalking the girls success and Charles 3 minute gas tank on it.
Great movie.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

It's too bad that Moore and Garrett have a ton of confidence in their shot and ability to score, yet Vick and grimes are so tentative/deferential and at risk of disappearing offensively for long stretches...too bad it isn't the reverse.

Obviously the way teams defend us plays into that but still...

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It's Charlie's world, we're all just being allowed to live in it.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Looked like game 1 josh selby

Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Players take time to bloom. Nothing new here.