Roi hangs em up

Kansas Basketball.
hartjack8
Contributor

Re: Roi hangs em up

Post by hartjack8 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:01 pm Roy would have been at KU forever if Matt Doherty would have been a good coach...and I think he would have won multiple championships here...but I'm still glad things worked out the way they did.
This is 100% the truth.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

So Hubert Davis is the frontrunner? Not impressed...
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

hartjack8 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:19 am
InfiniteJ wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:01 pm Roy would have been at KU forever if Matt Doherty would have been a good coach...and I think he would have won multiple championships here...but I'm still glad things worked out the way they did.
This is 100% the truth.
Interesting thing to think about to say the least. I believe for sure that Miles, Simien and Langford at least get to the 2004 Final Four and possibly win it.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

LVCHawk wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:48 pm
This is 100% the truth.
Interesting thing to think about to say the least. I believe for sure that Miles, Simien and Langford at least get to the 2004 Final Four and possibly win it.
Ya maybe...but they went out to bucknell iirc. It's not like that was solely due to coaching differences.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

You do not RC.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:55 pm

This is 100% the truth.
Ya maybe...but they went out to bucknell iirc. It's not like that was solely due to coaching differences.
That was their SR years. Their JR years they got boned by the refs against GT in the Elite 8. Not saying Roy was better than Bill, but that was Roy's team and there's a good chance with his recruits and a 3rd year under that system, instead of switching to Bill's, that they go as far or farther. That being said though, as stated before, they got robbed.
Deleted User 863

LVCHawk wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:26 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:55 pm

That was their SR years. Their JR years they got boned by the refs against GT in the Elite 8. Not saying Roy was better than Bill, but that was Roy's team and there's a good chance with his recruits and a 3rd year under that system, instead of switching to Bill's, that they go as far or farther. That being said though, as stated before, they got robbed.
Gotcha. I was at that game against GT i think. St Louis at the EJD if i am remembering correctly.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I feel like Carolina is going down a very bad path by prioritizing Carolina people.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Yep. They got lucky that Roy was "in the family" hpw many hall of famers are left in that family? 0?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

they should remember the Doherty debacle
Deleted User 863

jfish26 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:33 am I feel like Carolina is going down a very bad path by prioritizing Carolina people.
Hubert Davis would be worth taking the chance on. He's been groomed by Roy for almost a decade for this moment.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

There are very few coaches that UNC could not get.

Football schools OU and UT are going to make better hires than UNC all because of stubbornness to "keep it in the family."

Dumb, and it has already burned them in the past.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

So much talk about KU wanting a KU guy for AD. UNC is hellbound on having a UNC guy as their coach.

This will be awful for them. Absolutely awful. You can pick damn near ANYBODY.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

maybe they’re concerned that if they don’t get an UNC guy, there will be a higher likelihood that he leaves when trouble pops up
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Wikipedia has Hubert as the HC.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Could just be an interim guy.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Hubie is their guy. a huge unknown as a head coach. but obvious strong ties to basketball and their program. he should be able to get recruits at least. but yeah there are a lot more proven head coaching options out there
Deleted User 863

I hope he does well. He is a class act.
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

BTW, does this mean UNC will start scheduling Kansas again? Would love to see UNC in AFH, and KU in Dean Dome.