Udoka

Kansas Basketball.
Soklous

Re: Udoka

Post by Soklous »

Feral wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:38 pm A survey of physicians and athletic trainers who care for professional sports teams ranked injury to the syndesmosis as the most difficult foot and ankle injury to treat in professional athletes.11

Determining the extent and severity of the injury and predicting the time until an athlete can return to unrestricted sport activities remain significant challenges in the management of this common injury.16 Particularly challenging to caregivers and athletes alike is the unpredictable nature of the resolution of these injuries and the often-protracted time needed before return to athletic participation.

Doke has a rolled ankle. Not a high ankle sprain or syndesmotic ankle sprain. Not day to day, but the hope is before Christmas.
I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Soklous wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:59 pm
Doke has a rolled ankle. Not a high ankle sprain or syndesmotic ankle sprain. Not day to day, but the hope is before Christmas.
I wondered (as more updates have occurred) if the "kink" we saw was just due to the tons of ankle tap he has on and/or his shoe just pointing to the side and not his foot itself....obviously since he walked off it must have been because usually when a foot gets all sideways pointing like that there has been some sort of dislocation or break.

So rolled ankle is good news no matter how long he's out.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I think everyone is trying too hard with the small video snippet.

Of the few dozen ankles I’ve snapped before... It feels like I favor the direction it rolls when falling to the ground. If it rolls inward, I’m not straightened back out when I hit the floor. Fans are now conditioned to look for the nasty following the likes of Rod Stewart, Gordon Hayward and Kevin Ware.

Dokes foot was not dangling or out of place once he was on his butt.
I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

Soklous wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:09 pm I think everyone is trying too hard with the small video snippet.

Of the few dozen ankles I’ve snapped before... It feels like I favor the direction it rolls when falling to the ground. If it rolls inward, I’m not straightened back out when I hit the floor. Fans are now conditioned to look for the nasty following the likes of Rod Stewart, Gordon Hayward and Kevin Ware.

Dokes foot was not dangling or out of place once he was on his butt.
Very true....and none of those guys walked off like he did either.

Speaking of walking off, I still love the video of Kobe tearing his achilles, making a free throw, and THEN leaving the game. Dude was so fun to watch.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So bad ass.
When I tore my achilles, and heard the pop, I sure as hell wasn't going to try to walk on it.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

wimp
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

At least I hopped off the field on my own.
Didn't need DeSousa's help.
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

The proven healer comment was based on his MCL injury last season. I have recovered from this before. He was braced and playing on two weeks. I was still ringing a bell to have my wife bring a Diet Pepsi to me at two months.
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:49 pm At least I hopped off the field on my own.
Good thing you didn't do it during an unpaid internship in a field where your injury likely meant your earnings potential for the next 15 years was reduced by something in excess of 90%.
Deleted User 75

With Dok's intelligence and ability to speak numerous languages at least he'd have a leg up on the competition if he has to make it in the world as an international businessman....plus no student loan debt!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:18 pm With Dok's intelligence and ability to speak numerous languages at least he'd have a leg up on the competition if he has to make it in the world as an international businessman....plus no student loan debt!
Who needs a few hundred thousand bucks, an education and great alumni connections when you can just have an education and great alumni connections!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:01 pm
Good thing you didn't do it during an unpaid internship in a field where your injury likely meant your earnings potential for the next 15 years was reduced by something in excess of 90%.
Err.
I mean, I guess?
If I, in college, broke both my hands, and wasn't able to type/design/illustrate/code etc. for eight weeks, I'd probably have been set back?

Or if that's not what you are getting at with your stretchy armstrong metaphor thing you got going on, then yea, if I was an athlete, that earning potential would be affected.
Good thing I have a free education though - you know, since not everyone makes it in the pros.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:30 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:18 pm With Dok's intelligence and ability to speak numerous languages at least he'd have a leg up on the competition if he has to make it in the world as an international businessman....plus no student loan debt!
Who needs a few hundred thousand bucks, an education and great alumni connections when you can just have an education and great alumni connections!
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

pdub wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:01 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:01 pm
Err.
I mean, I guess?
If I, in college, broke both my hands, and wasn't able to type/design/illustrate/code etc. for eight weeks, I'd probably have been set back?
Setback in your Sex Life for sure...
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:03 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:30 pm
Rather be on that horse than the "For Fuck's Sake Don't Make the Rich White Guys Incrementally Not Richer" one.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It's definitely easier to sleep.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

KT represented on Hawk Talk tonight. Doke is on crutches and in boot. “Got a bad sprain, but nothing torn in there which is good news.”

On related subject, who is Self checking up on that is so important? Matt Hurt?
I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

Soklous wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:10 pm KT represented on Hawk Talk tonight. Doke is on crutches and in boot. “Got a bad sprain, but nothing torn in there which is good news.”

Snacks was in Chicago airport this morning, but no clue if Self was with him.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:26 pm
Soklous wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:10 pm KT represented on Hawk Talk tonight. Doke is on crutches and in boot. “Got a bad sprain, but nothing torn in there which is good news.”

Did Gutter get any good upskirt pics?
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:30 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:26 pm

Did Gutter get any good upskirt pics?
Snacks posted some Chicago pizza and Garrett's popcorn. All very good stuff.