Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
Geezer

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Geezer »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:04 pm Cohen?

You mean that dude Trump threw under bus on Twitter all day about how he’s a crook who deserves prison?

(Never mind the fact he was the dude’s personal lawyer for the past like 12 years)
The moron's Tom Hagan.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

They heard the same info as Dumbfuck In Charge:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... a-briefing

I guess the Saudis don't have as much leverage on our Senators?
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Can someone explain what the guy did that caused himself to be a target by the saudis?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:25 am Can someone explain what the guy did that caused himself to be a target by the saudis?
Jamal Khashoggi: All you need to know about Saudi journalist's death

On 2 October, Jamal Khashoggi, a well-known journalist and critic of the Saudi government, walked into the country's consulate in Istanbul, where he was murdered.

Saudi Arabia's public prosecutor has said that Khashoggi was killed inside the building on the orders of an intelligence officer.

Turkish officials however say they have evidence, including gruesome audio recordings, that the journalist was killed by a team of Saudi agents on orders that came from the highest levels.
The steady stream of disturbing allegations, along with the complex diplomatic situation, means that it can be difficult to keep track of the full story.

So here is what we know about the case.

Who was Jamal Khashoggi?

As a prominent journalist, he covered major stories including the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and the rise of Osama Bin Laden for various Saudi news organisations.

For decades, he was close to the Saudi royal family and also served as an adviser to the government.
But he fell out of favour and went into self-imposed exile in the US last year. From there, he wrote a monthly column in the Washington Post in which he criticised the policies of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Who was Jamal Khashoggi?

In his first column for the newspaper, Khashoggi said he feared being arrested in an apparent crackdown on dissent overseen by the prince since he became first in line to succeed his father King Salman.
"The people being arrested are not even being dissidents, they just have an independent mind," he told the BBC's Newshour programme three days before he disappeared.

[...]
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 75

Thank you.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:25 am Can someone explain what the guy did that caused himself to be a target by the saudis?
I read that to mean why is Trump the target of Saudi leverage (ie. money laundering, blackmail, compromat etc).....and the answer would be quite simple: low IQ, greed, poor money management skills, hubris.

But then "guy" you were referring to was the journalist!
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

What proof has been given that Trump knows how to read? I’m just reminded of that watching the funeral.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I think today would be a good day to refrain from criticizing anyone. I'm watching the funeral.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I didn’t know I was criticizing.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Okay. I'm sorry for scolding.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:29 am What proof has been given that Trump knows how to read? I’m just reminded of that watching the funeral.
The fact that his followers think he is really "Presidential" when he makes it through one of his appearances where he just reads off the teleprompter.
Deleted User 75

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:42 am why the fuck did they even go?

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c08 ... ENEWS00001
Damned if you do. Damned if you dont.

My guess is Jeb and the Bush family probably preferred he not go anyway.

I will say this, my wife is catholic raised (she's not an "active" catholic, nor does she/we go to church), but we've had some funerals or marriages where we go, and they do all the Catholic stuff that catholics do.....I sit there respectfully, but I don't kneel, I don't sing, I don't read or say the Lord's prayer when they do, and I don't take communion when they do.....so I really have no issue with trump standing there and not doing those things, but I understand why some find it hypocritical that he didn't....although being pro religion doesn't mean you've got to practice religion or participate.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:59 am

I will say this, my wife is catholic raised (she's not an "active" catholic, nor does she/we go to church), but we've had some funerals or marriages where we go, and they do all the Catholic stuff that catholics do.....I sit there respectfully, but I don't kneel, I don't sing, I don't read or say the Lord's prayer when they do, and I don't take communion when they do.....so I really have no issue with trump standing there and not doing those things, but I understand why some find it hypocritical that he didn't....although being pro religion doesn't mean you've got to practice religion or participate.
catholic services are different beast, for sure. was recently the best man in a catholic wedding.

i don't really see the equivalency in your experience and the sitting president attending the funeral of a former president (if that's why you were providing the anecdote). shouldn't really be surprised, though, that drumpf failed to act presidential in a situation where it would seem to be easy

he has no respect for the office, imo
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

What a weird thing to get pissy about anyway. ZOMG! ALL the other presidents read the prayer! (Sample size 3). That proves he is Satan incarnate -- in a totally non-religious way, of course.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:21 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:59 am

catholic services are different beast, for sure. was recently the best man in a catholic wedding.

i don't really see the equivalency in your experience and the sitting president attending the funeral of a former president (if that's why you were providing the anecdote). shouldn't really be surprised, though, that drumpf failed to act presidential in a situation where it would seem to be easy

he has no respect for the office, imo
Yes catholic weddings are awful. Sit. Stand. Kneel. Sing. Eat this cracker. Drink this wine from a cup 200 people drink out of.....no thanks. Plus they take for fucking ever, hell they last longer than 50% of the marriages probably!

I agree he's not presidential acting compared to former presidents...and he probably doesn't respect the office like he should.....but people shouldn't be expected to take part in a religious ceremony if they don't want to (or whatever you call reading the apollo creed and lords prayer)....and critiquing someone for not being religious enough seems awfully weird in today's social environment.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:24 am What a weird thing to get pissy about anyway. ZOMG! ALL the other presidents read the prayer! (Sample size 3). That proves he is Satan incarnate -- in a totally non-religious way, of course.
I took those posts as more bagging on evangelicals for supporting an obviously not religious Trump as some savior rather than bagging on Trump but whatever.

I will never forget my cousins wife posting some shit on Facebook about how "maybe Trump is a warrior sent from God to fight for our way of life". Insane.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:10 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:24 am What a weird thing to get pissy about anyway. ZOMG! ALL the other presidents read the prayer! (Sample size 3). That proves he is Satan incarnate -- in a totally non-religious way, of course.
I took those posts as more bagging on evangelicals for supporting an obviously not religious Trump as some savior rather than bagging on Trump but whatever.

I will never forget my cousins wife posting some shit on Facebook about how "maybe Trump is a warrior sent from God to fight for our way of life". Insane.
Either we're related, or your cousin's wife is channeling my cousins.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 75

Mom?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Goes a little deeper than this, doesn't it?