Bryce Thompson Transferring

Kansas Basketball.
Wiff

Re: Bryce Thompson Transferring

Post by Wiff »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:44 pm
Wiff wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:43 pm Tyty Washington will be the only person that can make me feel okay about this.
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:42 pm Add another 5* guard that didn't work out very well here.

🤐🤐🤐
I think Tyty is only 4* at the moment. Nevertheless, when Tyty Washington doesn't work out here, the only person that can make me feel okay about that will be the next 5* guard we're recruiting.
Ain't no seats
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:48 pm What constitutes a 5* or a Burger Boy these days? Sorry, but BT didn't look the part of either if you ask me... Not saying he's not (or can't be) a great player, but I'd expect a 5* Burger Boy to make a way bigger impact than what Thompson did. And please, spare me the wrist thing. The season was half over at that point... Struggled as a ball-handler, weird release from 3pt. He needs a lot of work, and work that I'm not sure he gets through consistent playing time as a Jayhawk. Would he start for us next year? No. No, he would not...
I agree with all of this.

But what we can't really know yet is if this is some kind of signal for there being something bigger going on for the 2022 season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

One side of me thinks Ochai, JWill, Bryce know they won't be playing in the NCAA tourney and won't have that extra shot to get PR in the most watched moment.

The other side of me thinks Self is like, well this season wasn't what we wanted to be, so we need to make some changes, and we are gonna get guys like TyTy and Yesufu, and Bryce was told he'd have to compete still for that PT/he saw that CB would be back, likely JWill and possibly Ochai - and that he might be 6th or 7th off the bench. And Ochai and JWill just simply doing what they should be, researching where they are in the draft.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

TDub wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:49 pm
sdoyel wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:48 pm What constitutes a 5* or a Burger Boy these days? Sorry, but BT didn't look the part of either if you ask me... Not saying he's not (or can't be) a great player, but I'd expect a 5* Burger Boy to make a way bigger impact than what Thompson did. And please, spare me the wrist thing. The season was half over at that point... Struggled as a ball-handler, weird release from 3pt. He needs a lot of work, and work that I'm not sure he gets through consistent playing time as a Jayhawk. Would he start for us next year? No. No, he would not...
But go get christian bishop!
I would absolutely take Bishop over Thompson next year.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:51 pm

But what we can't really know yet is if this is some kind of signal for there being something bigger going on for the 2022 season.
It could be, but I'm not going to worry about that until the times comes. Lets ball out next year and win a Championship. Then 2022 can kiss my ass.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Bryce could have been the 6th guy, or a guy buried on the depth chart at like 10. Don't think he was going to start consistently and I don't think he was ever going to be a guy that averaged 25 mpg with 10ppg.

Plus, I think Bill wants to get really freaking athletic while having guys that score. Bryce can score in the mid-range, but isn't the most athletic and can't shoot from deep. Also ball handling was a bit suspect.

Do we swap Bryce Thompson for Bryce Hamilton?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:58 pm

It could be, but I'm not going to worry about that until the times comes. Lets ball out next year and win a Championship. Then 2022 can kiss my ass.
Next season = 2022 season, if that wasn't clear.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:00 pmDo we swap Bryce Thompson for Bryce Hamilton?
Hamilton >>> Thompson.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:01 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:00 pmDo we swap Bryce Thompson for Bryce Hamilton?
Hamilton >>> Thompson.
By kind of a lot too, right?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

Hamilton went 18/6/3 last season? That's nice. Atrocious shooter tho
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:00 pm

I see. Well, I don't think the ruling will affect next season. I could be wrong.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Like you mentioned, Hamilton doesn't shoot well from outside, but scores a ton just based on the ball being in his hands and being athletic, rebounds really well for being 6'4.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

hasbeen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:03 pm Hamilton went 18/6/3 last season? That's nice. Atrocious shooter tho
Yeah, seems like a little better Bryce Thompson.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

hasbeen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:03 pm Hamilton went 18/6/3 last season? That's nice. Atrocious shooter tho
He definitely knows his game. Doesn't shoot a ton from deep, but gets to the paint easily and shot like 44% from inside the arc. Not bad for a guard.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:03 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:00 pm

I see. Well, I don't think the ruling will affect next season. I could be wrong.
I wouldn't think so either based on past comments about timeline, but this is a lot of attrition.
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

Wiff wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:43 pm Tyty Washington will be the only person that can make me feel okay about this.
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:01 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:01 pm
Hamilton >>> Thompson.
By kind of a lot too, right?
I just watched 8 seconds of a Bryce Hamilton highlight video, and now I want him instead.
Ain't no seats
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Nasty crossover and pull up jumper.

Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Program knew it internally for weeks and have been putting in work for it.

Reporters stating Self didnt push him out, but has a lot of excitement about position KU is in.
I am, I said.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I'm not glad Bryce is leaving, but I'm definitely not disappointed by the news either.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

InfiniteJ wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:37 pm I'm not glad Bryce is leaving, but I'm definitely not disappointed by the news either.
Probably where I ultimately stand. KU will get more athletic, but it always stinks to lose a talented kid.