KU Football 2021 off season thread

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: KU Football 2021 off season thread

Post by pdub »

It's more like you see your kitchen is way out of date and even dangerous so you spend tons of money on new appliances and state of the art materials. You're in a bit of a rush to get it done so your timeline is shortened. But then the guy you hired to install it all puts your backsplash on crooked, cracks the countertop and forgets to connect the line for your ice maker in your new fridge.

You're like, well this isn't good.
But other people are like, well, first off, he could have had even BETTER material. And it's not fair to expect him to do good work with the timeline you gave him.

Meanwhile plenty of other contractors around your neighborhood have done OK jobs with less money spent on the materials and in a similar timeline.
HenrySwanson

Post by HenrySwanson »

Leawood wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:10 am Personally, if he wasn’t so old, I would go back to Glen Mason.
Mason had a higher conference winning % than Mangino (Big 8 vs Big 12, make of it what you will)

I believe Mason is the only KUFB coach in history to record four winning seasons in a five year stretch.

This one's for you, Lea: Monte Cozzens caps an 88 yard/17 play drive against OU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRlML-N28KE
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Sigh....

That is what that stadium sounds like with 44k cheering an actual win.

Sigh...

Bob and Max.

Sigh...
17 play, 88 yard drive.
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

pdub wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:10 pm It's more like you see your kitchen is way out of date and even dangerous so you spend tons of money on new appliances and state of the art materials. You're in a bit of a rush to get it done so your timeline is shortened. But then the guy you hired to install it all puts your backsplash on crooked, cracks the countertop and forgets to connect the line for your ice maker in your new fridge.

You're like, well this isn't good.
But other people are like, well, first off, he could have had even BETTER material. And it's not fair to expect him to do good work with the timeline you gave him.

Meanwhile plenty of other contractors around your neighborhood have done OK jobs with less money spent on the materials and in a similar timeline.
Yeah, but you're supposed to stay optimistic, because there is still a lot of unused tile, granite, and grout that the next contractor can work with. Unless he, like previous contractors, decides the material is no good and he wants to start over, and worse, might buy them from a second hand store that sells used products with less eligibility.

And somehow we can only buy 16 pieces of tile and every other school can buy 25.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We should just hire tk.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:54 pm I need some fucking compliments.
you’ve got nice hair
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

And you thought flight tracking was wild

https://twitter.com/JacobPolacheck/stat ... 96288?s=19
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

GAME. CHANGER. A FUCKING BAND SCOOP.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:05 am
hartjack8 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:32 am
Sparko wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:36 pm
Kind of early to melt down though
I have been melting down since the MAGIC man got fired. Did not pay that much attention to Gill getting hired but since then I have been like WTF we can not be that stupid. Everyone in the world knew that no one was hiring Fat boy Charlie or Wheel Chair Les. But we did. Beaty was what you get for 800K, who you getting for 800K nobody, which is about the same as Beaty. Fat boy Charlie put KU football program six feet under the ground and then Beaty showed up with dump trucks of gravel and poured them on the grave making sure the resurrection would be that much harder.

I am telling you right now if Goff walked through the door and said I found my coach and it's Div 3 Leipold or TO Monken it would be a hard conversation. First off WTF did we hire you when we could have got those two without you so obviously we do not need you. I recommend you call NW and see if you can get your old job back cause you are done here.
Any meds you are missing out on this morning? What a hard post to follow and the last paragraph makes absolutely no damn sense.
Yeah don't take any meds but I will help you out. That last paragraph is boss man lingo. I am the boss and hired you and sent you out to accomplish a job. So basically what I was saying is if Goff walks through the door to tell his boss(me) that he wants to hire either one of those two I would fire him on the spot.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

HenrySwanson wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:17 pm
Leawood wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:10 am Personally, if he wasn’t so old, I would go back to Glen Mason.
Mason had a higher conference winning % than Mangino (Big 8 vs Big 12, make of it what you will)

I believe Mason is the only KUFB coach in history to record four winning seasons in a five year stretch.

This one's for you, Lea: Monte Cozzens caps an 88 yard/17 play drive against OU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRlML-N28KE
Hey I was at that game!
Just Ledoux it
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Soooo ummmmmm.

There's a flight from Buffalo to Topeka that was scheduled this morning. Is it Leipold?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

UnholyLivingDead

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:02 am Soooo ummmmmm.

There's a flight from Buffalo to Topeka that was scheduled this morning. Is it Leipold?
Rumors are flying now. Team meeting at 8:30. Sure sounds like it's Leipold.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

It’s Leipold. Jayhawk Slant basically reporting it. Bryson reported it. Announced by about 10am.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man. That was a whirlwind. Couldn’t go wrong with either. Either would have been for Kansas standards a home run hire.

Was always Team Monken. But I was a fan of Leipold. Love it.

Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

I haven't been following this search much. What are the pros and cons of Leipold? I heard the name, but I know nothing about him.
UnholyLivingDead

vega wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:23 am I haven't been following this search much. What are the pros and cons of Leipold? I heard the name, but I know nothing about him.
The biggest pros are, I believe, player development and his versatility. His Buffalo recruiting classes are consistently in the bottom half of the MAC but he's had the best team over the last however many years. He also tailors his offense to the talent he has available. He led the MAC in passing in 2018 and rushing in 2019. Leipold isn't tied to one system. He's also a winner everywhere he goes.

Cons I guess would be, well he won 6 national titles but it was at a D3 school. He's coming from the MAC so can he coach in a power 5 conference. And can he recruit in the areas we need him to. But that might not matter if he can develop talent.

Also he has Midwest ties so it's a good cultural fit.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Wait. What?????
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

1. I wanted Leipold over Monken, so good with this news (although I have been very wrong on basically all the hires)

2. lol at the twitter journos getting completely duped.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 865

Post by Deleted User 865 »

Thanks ULD. That's cool he has national championships, even in D3. Champions are champions, and nice to give him a shot in a P5 school instead of KU trying to go for a washed up coach.

Also saw he had a 146–39 overall record. At least he'll stay over .500 if KU ruins him.