Another Stimulus Check?

Ugh.
Overlander
Contributor

Re: Another Stimulus Check?

Post by Overlander »

There are numerous supply side shortages right now.
Trump interrupted the supply of folks that will show up and work their asses off for $7.25
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If we’re gonna go all in on the classism, let’s not stop at Stoner Bob, cuz that dude is small potatoes.

How can the franchise owner/manager just close up shop? What’s that gonna do to the top brass’s shares?!

Cuz if you think Stoner Bob’s weed habit is expensive, just wait til you learn about Shareholder John’s hookers and blow habit!

That bum franchise owner needs to do what he can to stay open! Come in early, work late, get friends and fam and neighbors to help too, cuz it’s not like Shareholder John is able, I mean willing, to sell his vacation condo just to keep affording the hookers and blow.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:56 am they will never get off the teet unless you kick them off the teet.
That has proven out to be true for only a small percentage of people on programs such as welfare. But people such as yourself seem to believe that everyone who gets government assistance in programs such as this are that way. It makes it easier to be against it, it seems.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

MJ23 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:25 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:19 pm I didn't get anything.
Isn't it great that those who contribute a shitload in taxes (such as myself) get nothing while there are A LOT of people who don't contribute as much (in taxes) AND DON'T NEED the money and yet they are the happy recipients of multiple "stimulus" checks?

I'll answer my question - NO
Please fill us in on the personal relationships you have with the people who "don't contribute much" and "don't need the money." My guess is you don't know anyone like this and, gasp, this is yet another "boogeyman argument." Bonus points if you can work "cankles" into your response.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Actually, is there any data on what the stimulus checks end up going to?

My dad is so convinced every time a check goes out, “those who don’t contribute or need it” just go out and buy new TVs.

But heck, rather than vilify the bottom of the economic totem pole for getting peanuts, why not cast some light on just where all those PPP loans ended up?

Again, the Catholic Church got billions, and among other constitutional conflicts, they don’t even pay taxes
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:06 pm Actually, is there any data on what the stimulus checks end up going to?

My dad is so convinced every time a check goes out, “those who don’t contribute or need it” just go out and buy new TVs.

But heck, rather than vilify the bottom of the economic totem pole for getting peanuts, why not cast some light on just where all those PPP loans ended up?

Again, the Catholic Church got billions, and among other constitutional conflicts, they don’t even pay taxes
There wouldn't be any way to track where that money is going. No one declares that's where it's from when they spend it and businesses are not set up to pass that data to anyone who is tracking it even if it was. If any data exists, it would be pure speculation based on a poll of a small sample of people.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Overlander wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:31 am There are numerous supply side shortages right now.
Trump interrupted the supply of folks that will show up and work their asses off for $7.25
A ton of the supply side shortages have nothing to do with labor though. Moreso that the mills and plants were shut down or operating at 50% staff to maintain distancing requirements etc.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:06 pm Actually, is there any data on what the stimulus checks end up going to?

The church is one place i agree with you on. We are supposed to have separation of church and state. We need to abide by that.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

chiknbut wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:50 am
PhDhawk wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:19 pm I didn't get anything.
Isn't it great that those who contribute a shitload in taxes (such as myself) get nothing while there are A LOT of people who don't contribute as much (in taxes) AND DON'T NEED the money and yet they are the happy recipients of multiple "stimulus" checks?

Please fill us in on the personal relationships you have with the people who "don't contribute much" and "don't need the money." My guess is you don't know anyone like this and, gasp, this is yet another "boogeyman argument." Bonus points if you can work "cankles" into your response.
You somewhat misquoted me but it doesn't really matter in terms of your request.
Anyways, to fill you in, I should probably start out with my own mother. Yes, she can use the money but she surely doesn't NEED the money.
I work with 500+ people. There is a married woman that I work with who has received literally thousands of dollars in "stimmy" money and recently used some of it to buy her husband a new truck - that they in no way needed. About a week or so ago she felt the need to share this on "social media".
There are multiple women I work with who have husbands that are worth many millions of dollars and yet they (the women) have received a few checks. I would like to know a good reason why.
How about the many people I see on a daily basis who stand in line at high end stores such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Dior, Burberry, and at other stores such as Zara and Nike and joke about how they are so happy the government is buying them a new ____________________?
Don't get me wrong, I am 100% in support of people who NEED the money receiving the money and I am sure there are many who pay their fair share of taxes but as I pretty much said, I have paid the government more in taxes than a lot of people who have received stimulus checks (and DON'T NEED the money) and I didn't receive a single one. So I should be ok with that because.......... ? I know, life isn't fair and yes, I am a bitch.

* P.S. I should probably elaborate on my feelings regarding the differences between "stimulus" checks and PPP loans. I guess the whole purpose/premise of "stimulus" checks is for those who don't NEED the money - to revive it and hopefully piss it away but still...... I feel as if it was distributed in a poor manner.
Last edited by Deleted User 880 on Tue May 04, 2021 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I wish you go back to gutter or gutter2 or larryb or grandma
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 880

TDub wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:43 pm I wish you go back to gutter or gutter2 or larryb or grandma
Me too.
I also wish I could go back to being 25 years old.

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

sounds like everyone is in agreement. it's time to shut off the spickit.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:43 pm I wish you go back to gutter or gutter2 or larryb or grandma
geezersoldballsack
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:52 pm sounds like everyone is in agreement. it's time to shut off the spickit.
Pretty sure Shareholder John would throw the biggest tantrum of all
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

American capitalism:

Folks making $40 grand a year vilifying folks making $20 grand a year while folks making untold millions on top of that laugh all the way to the, uh, anonymous offshore account
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

MJ23 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:38 pm
chiknbut wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:50 am

You somewhat misquoted me but it doesn't really matter in terms of your request.
Anyways, to fill you in, I should probably start out with my own mother. Yes, she can use the money but she surely doesn't NEED the money.
I work with 500+ people. There is a married woman that I work with who has received literally thousands of dollars in "stimmy" money and recently used some of it to buy her husband a new truck - that they in no way needed. About a week or so ago she felt the need to share this on "social media".
There are multiple women I work with who have husbands that are worth many millions of dollars and yet they (the women) have received a few checks. I would like to know a good reason why.
How about the many people I see on a daily basis who stand in line at high end stores such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Dior, Burberry, and at other stores such as Zara and Nike and joke about how they are so happy the government is buying them a new ____________________?
Don't get me wrong, I am 100% in support of people who NEED the money receiving the money and I am sure there are many who pay their fair share of taxes but as I pretty much said, I have paid the government more in taxes than a lot of people who have received stimulus checks (and DON'T NEED the money) and I didn't receive a single one. So I should be ok with that because.......... ? I know, life isn't fair and yes, I am a bitch.

* P.S. I should probably elaborate on my feelings regarding the differences between "stimulus" checks and PPP loans. I guess the whole purpose/premise of "stimulus" checks is for those who don't NEED the money - to revive it and hopefully piss it away but still...... I feel as if it was distributed in a poor manner.
Why would you choose to be mad at people contributing to the economy. If a person doesn't need a truck and buys one, doesn't that benefit the economy and all of us in general? Heck, I bet your Mom even contributed to the economy with her checks - good for her!
Deleted User 880

Obviously I rambled on in my last post and probably wasn't too clear.
I'm not at all mad that people were/are contributing to the economy. To me, it's a good thing.
What I am not pleased about is that the powers that be decided some people got more money than others to contribute to the economy - based on their paying LESS money in taxes.

Last edited by Deleted User 880 on Tue May 04, 2021 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:00 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:56 am they will never get off the teet unless you kick them off the teet.
Please define "them".
Blackwater, Halliburton, Lockheed Martin, Exxon Mobil, Prison Industrial Complex, Cargill, Tyson.....surely mich can name others.....
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

MJ23 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 5:06 pm Obviously I rambled on in my last post and probably wasn't too clear.
I'm not at all mad that people were/are contributing to the economy. To me, it's a good thing.
What I am not pleased about is that the powers that be decided some people got more money than others to contribute to the economy - based on their paying LESS money in taxes.

You are the only person I've heard who makes enough to not get stimulus check complain about not getting stimulus checks.
Deleted User 880

My complaint is that I feel if the main goal of stimulus checks is/was for people to spend the money to stimulate the economy, then why not give a "stimulus" check to every tax paying American?
On a related note, I realize the government can't make people spend their stimulus checks to stimulate the economy so I am a bit curious to know how many people who received stimulus checks did NOT use the money to stimulate the economy.
For example, did Billy who makes 60K a year, lives at home with his parents, and has no real expenses use his money to buy drugs, an illegal gun from a gang banger, and make illegal gambling wagers - while Johnny who makes 80K a year, lives in a house with a $2,000 a month mortgage, has a $400 a month car payment, and is paying off a student loan, didn't get a check - but he would have gone to the local restaurant or bodega and helped a ma and pa survive and keep their store open?