Another Stimulus Check?

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Another Stimulus Check?

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:11 pm Here’s another thought I just saw. I haven’t researched or not familiar or whatever but:

What are we gonna do in like 40 years, when a whole generation with limited or no retirement savings opportunities is otherwise expect to retire?
The same thing when the current generation of people with limited or no retirement savings retires. Failure to properly save for retirement isn't new to the current generation of workers.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sooo it’s the folks own fault of they don’t save, but also the folks own fault if they aren’t more grateful for that $8 an hour at Hardee’s?
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

Plenty of Americans live "paycheck to paycheck". Not so easy for many to save up for retirement. https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/11/majorit ... d-hit.html
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i'm responsible for myself.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:54 am i'm responsible for myself.
You accept more government handouts that anyone.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:58 am I dunno, why ARE they not saving?
Primarily because the baby boomers are some of the worst financial planners and freeloading bastards this country has ever seen. Absolutely terribly leadership and examples for young people. The sooner that generation gets out of the workforce (and frankly dies) the better off this country will be.

*edited because of 99’s response
Last edited by Cascadia on Fri May 07, 2021 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Greatest Generation does not equal Baby Boomers
Defense. Rebounds.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:42 am Greatest Generation does not equal Baby Boomers
Oh yeah, my bad, greatest generation birthed the baby boomers
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Short of scapegoating and entire generation, much of it may be 40 plus years of trickle down.

Maybe it’s the generation that conceded so much wealth to the wealthy, rather than believe they’d be better of keeping a bigger slice of the pie for themselves so they can do things like, save up for retirement.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:50 am Short of scapegoating and entire generation, much of it may be 40 plus years of trickle down.

Maybe it’s the generation that conceded so much wealth to the wealthy, rather than believe they’d be better of keeping a bigger slice of the pie for themselves so they can do things like, save up for retirement.
Yeah, Ous. But the way you think of a pie, is that every time the Jone's family makes a pie, then you get two slices, and you never have to bake one yourself.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Stock up on food and supplies now, because many things you need will cost 15% or more next year.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Walrus wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:40 am Stock up on food and supplies now, because many things you need will cost 15% or more next year.
Or sooner, right?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:38 am
ousdahl wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 10:50 am Short of scapegoating and entire generation, much of it may be 40 plus years of trickle down.

Yeah, Ous. But the way you think of a pie, is that every time the Jone's family makes a pie, then you get two slices, and you never have to bake one yourself.
You sure?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Cascadia wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:42 am
Walrus wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:40 am Stock up on food and supplies now, because many things you need will cost 15% or more next year.
Or sooner, right?
or later

guarantee it’s gonna happen tho
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:42 am
PhDhawk wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:38 am

You sure?
pretty sure I want a banana meringue pie.

Too bad you don't bake.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s a bummer that you’ve reverted back to silly hyperbole.

But go ahead and keep slicing that pie like it’s a break room donut.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

hyperbole! you brought up the pie analogy.

I baked a nice pumpkin pie from scratch, and you brought in a half a can of Redi-whip and you think we should split the pie.

If you want it to be about donuts, we can do it. I brought in a dozen freshly made assorted donuts, and you went to the men's room to get two nasty papertowels to use as napkins and you're pissed if you get fewer than 6.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Please, put more words in my mouth!

Top it off with some of that whipped cream!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

So PhD’s grandpa worked as a baker. He made 3 pies a day. He got to keep one pie a day for himself, plus save another half pie for his grandson. It was enough to live on, and to save up for retirement too.

Fast forward, now workers are expected to make 10 pies a day. They still only get paid a pie and a half, even tho the price of pies has gone up considerably. Business is good! For the oven owner, at least. And the dude who owns the oven didn’t even pay for it, he got the gummint to do that for him.

Phd is arguing that the other 8 and a half pies a day should go not to the guy baking them, but to the guy who owns the oven, so he can take his yacht to the Caribbean where he hoards his pies, while the baker himself wonders if he should use his pie and a half to pay rent or to buy groceries.