Joel Embiid

Kansas Basketball.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Joel Embiid

Post by pdub »

I think Kawhi is quite a bit better than Randle. No argument from me.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:40 am I think Kawhi is quite a bit better than Randle. No argument from me.
Absolutely.

...but Randle had/is having a better year.

I am not giving the clippers a bunch of credit for falling behind 0-2 in a series where they were heavy favorites. But it does look like they're back in control.

I'd probably rank Trae and Randle pretty close. Maybe in that 15-20 range.
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:33 pm
pdub wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:40 am I think Kawhi is quite a bit better than Randle. No argument from me.
Absolutely.

...but Randle had/is having a better year.

I am not giving the clippers a bunch of credit for falling behind 0-2 in a series where they were heavy favorites. But it does look like they're back in control.

I'd probably rank Trae and Randle pretty close. Maybe in that 15-20 range.
Of course you're entitled to your OPINION but I respectfully disagree - that Randle had/is having a better year - and I pointed out some of the reasons why in my earlier posts.

Anyways, what two words did Joel * ? :o

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPZO95ZjVQL/?
Deleted User 880

Damn. Hopefully not too bad and his "soreness" won't linger too long.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/315 ... e-soreness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ki2mE-YLUA
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

DAMMIT
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Come on....
Deleted User 863

Fwiw i think he played a few more possessions so hopefully it isn't too bad. They said knee but looked more like butt and back initially. They can win this series without him so no reason to push it if he needs to miss a game.

He's so impressive. Kansas may have the 2 best centers of all time when it's all said and done. Reggie Miller was calling him the best all around center in history last night due to his ability to dribble and shoot.
Deleted User 880

When Joel first landed it looked ugly in regards to his knee. Like, maybe he's done for the season ugly.
I was surprised he didn't "blow" it out. Thankfully he was able to still play so to my non-medical mind that was a very good sign.
As far as your saying he may be one of the two best centers of all time when all is said and done - I just don't see it.
All-time - Wilt and Kareem MAY have that locked up forever. Or at least in my lifetime.
I mean, as Reggie alluded to, maybe in terms all-around skills he will deserve consideration but he's just not going to be considered one of the two best Centers of all time on most people's list/s.
Heck, we need to realize he may not have been the best NBA Center this season.
Deleted User 863

Embiid does things Kareem simply couldn't do. His unqiue skill set paired with extreme strength/size is why he has a chance to really climb up the all time list if he can stay healthy for the next 8-10 years.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That’s an if as big as Embiid.
Deleted User 880

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:14 am Embiid does things Kareem simply couldn't do. His unqiue skill set paired with extreme strength/size is why he has a chance to really climb up the all time list if he can stay healthy for the next 8-10 years.
I will NEVER purposely minimize Embiid's "skill set" but come on. Be honest, how many games did you watch Kareem play? I'm not saying you're wrong but what exactly do you feel Embiid can do that Kareem couldn't?
If he can stay healthy and play another 8-10 years and play at the level has and/or even improve, I have little doubt Embiid will be in the conversation as one of the greatest C of all time.
Of course I probably won't be alive but it will be interesting to see how the next generation (those not born yet and who will not see him play) will view/consider him.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"but what exactly do you feel Embiid can do that Kareem couldn't"

Shoot from 3.
Deleted User 880

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:52 am "but what exactly do you feel Embiid can do that Kareem couldn't"

Shoot from 3.
"exactly"! Of course MAKE 3 pointers too.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Who gets injured more, Anthony Davis or Joel Embiid?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:14 am Embiid does things Kareem simply couldn't do. His unqiue skill set paired with extreme strength/size is why he has a chance to really climb up the all time list if he can stay healthy for the next 8-10 years.
He can't stay healthy for 8-10 weeks, let alone 8-10 years. Kareem played at least 74 games in 18 seasons.

Embiid is yet to play more than 64 games in a single. NOT ONE.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

He sure seems pointed toward the Grant Hill/Tracy McGrady-type legacy.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:52 am "but what exactly do you feel Embiid can do that Kareem couldn't"

Shoot from 3.
You really are a dumb son of a bitch.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:25 am Who gets injured more, Anthony Davis or Joel Embiid?
Didn’t someone point out that AD’s injuries tend to be more minor “knee soreness” type things for which he doesn’t miss more than a handful of games?

Embiid gets hurt and misses 2 years plus an ncaa tournament.
Deleted User 880

Cascadia wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:55 am

Shoot from 3.
You really are a dumb son of a bitch.
I know that was directed at pdub but I'll respond.
1. I and many/most people on here probably feel he's smarter than you - and are most likely right.
2. At times you really are an asshole and a son of a bitch. And?

Have a nice day handsome!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

And off the rails we go again.