21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by ousdahl »

I don’t expect him to come back to KU.

My take was, Silvio already had a history in the doghouse, managed to pick up a felony assault charge one night and didn’t mention it for months, and that was the last straw for Self.

But as much as I would love a big man who plays above the rim, I don’t want Silvio back at this point, and think it’s silly to think he’d return.

But he’s still legit D1 talent either way, which is why it was kinda surprising other schools didn’t come knocking...felony charge notwithstanding
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:35 pm I don’t expect him to come back to KU.

My take was, Silvio already had a history in the doghouse, managed to pick up a felony assault charge one night and didn’t mention it for months, and that was the last straw for Self.

But as much as I would love a big man who plays above the rim, I don’t want Silvio back at this point, and think it’s silly to think he’d return.

But he’s still legit D1 talent either way, which is why it was kinda surprising other schools didn’t come knocking...felony charge notwithstanding
I have serious doubts Self didn't know about the felony assault arrest around the time it happened.

Lawrence isn't that big and Self knows plenty of people that would have been aware of that incident. It isn't Self's responsibility to snitch on his players to the media.....but i don't think much happens in Lawrence that Self isn't aware of.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah maybe.

I dunno.

It just didn’t seem like coincidental timing to learn Silvio was dismissed, around the same time the charge was made public.

Self could (and maybe should?) have known about it sooner, but then the question becomes why Self didn’t address sooner, or what other reason did he have to dismiss
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:42 pm Yeah maybe.

I dunno.

It was just weird timing to learn Silvio was dismissed, around the same time the charge was made public
Well of course. Public perception matters. The charge was always public info i thought, it was just that nobody caught wind of it to report on it until months later.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:17 pm And did Silvio try to go play anywhere else? Did any other schools recruit him? Where’s his felony charges stand anyway?
I think i saw somewhere that he is still awaiting judgement but that its expected soon? I dont know where i read that tho so dont quote me boy cuz i aint said shit.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Chad Ford draft ranges:

Och: 40-undrafted

Jalen: 40-undrafted

Remy: Undrafted

(MG: 40-undrafted)

https://www.nbabigboard.com/p/whos-in-a ... -nba-draft
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

so, we’ll be stacked next year then?
Deleted User 863

40-undrafted might be enough for Wilson and Och....Wilson especially (no specific thing he has said, just a feeling).
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

40-undrafted to me is more “how excited are you to play overseas”

Or, how much benefit do you think you’d get training all day instead of having to do things like go to class
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:10 am 40-undrafted to me is more “how excited are you to play overseas”

Or, how much benefit do you think you’d get training all day instead of having to do things like go to class
But getting quite a bit less publicity.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:10 am40-undrafted to me is more “how excited are you to play overseas”
What has changed in the last few years is the 2-way contracts (awful) and increased G-League pay (good).

But, even if in Europe, checks will be coming.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:14 am
ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:10 am 40-undrafted to me is more “how excited are you to play overseas”

But getting quite a bit less publicity.
Is there a way to quantify or otherwise measure the value of publicity?

It IS cool to be on national TV for like 25 or so games a year, but how does an aspiring pro weigh that as part of their decision making process?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You advance to the Final Four and are the star of the team that's there -- well, that's potential millions of dollars ( in publicity and advancement of draft position ) -- compared to the void of making the G league semis.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Has anyone studied a correlation between tournament success and draft position?

Cuz I mean if there is a strong correlation, Mario Chalmers shoulda went lotto...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:36 am Has anyone studied a correlation between tournament success and draft position?

Cuz I mean if there is a strong correlation, Mario Chalmers shoulda went lotto...
The only thing that can be reasonably concluded is that a good tournament performance can't hurt someone's stock.

Otherwise, add it to the list of dozens of other factors when considering draft stock.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah.

I think the biggest argument in favor of college may be simply, “I’m enjoying it, and like the celeb treatment from the Chi-Os”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

In the context of KU for the next year or two, I wonder how much “might not even get to play in the tournament” is a factor...
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:44 am Yeah.

I think the biggest argument in favor of college may be simply, “I’m enjoying it, and like the celeb treatment from the Chi-Os”
I think social media has sort of rendered this factor irrelevant.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:36 am Has anyone studied a correlation between tournament success and draft position?

Before the tournament he wasn't expected to be drafted at all.

Tournament success boosts draft stock.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:44 am Yeah.

The groupies are very real, so Chi-O's aren't going to keep an NBA prospect around.

The Lawrence celeb thing is a pretty good point. For most of our players, KU is the most fun they will have being part of basketball. Mitch would stay forever if possible.