Lord of the Rubes - The Voter Fraud Chapter

Ugh.
Cascadia

Re: Lord of the Rubes - The Voter Fraud Chapter

Post by Cascadia »

I told you all an illy meltdown was coming.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Cascadia wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:52 pm I told you all an illy meltdown was coming.
If you saw how badly I golfed today you'd understand.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:26 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:19 pm https://brookings.edu/blog/how-we-rise/ ... -democracy

How Black Americans Saved Joe Biden and American Democracy

i mean, all those black voters must not have been as outraged as illy was/is over that gaffe

lol
LOL. Yup. All those black people sure wanted Biden to be the democratic nominee. 🤣🤣🤣

Or we had 2 choices, and for many black people they chose the lesser of 2 evils.
Are you being serious?

How do you think Biden got the nomination? What state turned his campaign around? What is different about the Dems in that state vs the previous primary states where Sanders and Pete clobbered Joe?
Last edited by Mjl on Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Biden has always been a gaffe machine, that's not new with age.

The difference between him and Trump is when Biden says horribly stupid things, he clarifies and/or apologizes. When Trump does, he doubles down. I would say that difference is one thing distinctly different in general between Dems and Pubs these days, and is one of the reasons that, despite being pretty fiscally conservative, I vote D in national elections.
Deleted User 863

Mjl wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:32 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:19 pm https://brookings.edu/blog/how-we-rise/ ... -democracy

How Black Americans Saved Joe Biden and American Democracy

i mean, all those black voters must not have been as outraged as illy was/is over that gaffe

lol
LOL. Yup. All those black people sure wanted Biden to be the democratic nominee. 🤣🤣🤣

Or we had 2 choices, and for many black people they chose the lesser of 2 evils.
Are you being serious?

How do you think Biden got the nomination? What state turned his campaign around? What is different about the Dems in that state vs the previous primary states where Sanders and Pete clobbered Joe?
I am.

I do not think he was the 1st choice for many minorities. Early polling seemed to show that.

What i think happened is that the media and money behind him convinced a lot of people that he was the only person that could beat trump (he wasn't)....when in reality (in hindsight) any of those candidates were going to clobber trump.

The number 1 priority for many voters this time around was getting trump out. So people voted for who they thought was the most "electable" candidate.

I guess time will tell. If his ego makes him think his legacy needs a 2nd term he will get a strong challenge from a minority candidate. Whether that be Booker or Harris (or someone else). Those 2 are going to be much more well known (to the masses) and viewed as much more viable the next go round.

Like a few have said, Biden is doing a good job so far. He put smart people around him and listens to others who know more than him. I would have been happy with anyone other than Trump, so the bar was really low, but his administration is doing some good things.
Deleted User 863

Mjl wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:38 pm Biden has always been a gaffe machine, that's not new with age.

The difference between him and Trump is when Biden says horribly stupid things, he clarifies and/or apologizes. When Trump does, he doubles down. I would say that difference is one thing distinctly different in general between Dems and Pubs these days, and is one of the reasons that, despite being pretty fiscally conservative, I vote D in national elections.
Republicans aren't really all that fiscally conservative these days either....so there's also that.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:08 pm
Mjl wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:32 pm

Are you being serious?

I am.

I do not think he was the 1st choice for many minorities. Early polling seemed to show that.

What i think happened is that the media and money behind him convinced a lot of people that he was the only person that could beat trump (he wasn't)....when in reality (in hindsight) any of those candidates were going to clobber trump.

The number 1 priority for many voters this time around was getting trump out. So people voted for who they thought was the most "electable" candidate.

I guess time will tell. If his ego makes him think his legacy needs a 2nd term he will get a strong challenge from a minority candidate. Whether that be Booker or Harris (or someone else). Those 2 are going to be much more well known (to the masses) and viewed as much more viable the next go round.

Like a few have said, Biden is doing a good job so far. He put smart people around him and listens to others who know more than him. I would have been happy with anyone other than Trump, so the bar was really low, but his administration is doing some good things.
That's completely rewriting history.

Biden won because of the black vote. The idea that he polled poorly early with minority voters is the exact opposite of the truth. He got slaughtered in white states (Iowa, NH, Nevada), but crushed the opposition in a black state (SC) so badly that Pete and Amy dropped out, and again won with blacks on Super Tuesday. Which is pretty much exactly what many pundits were predicting because he polled so well with blacks.

You are absolutely making shit up that is just outright inaccurate.
Deleted User 863

I am not rewriting anything.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1UW0Z9

"Biden leads Democrats as minorities favor MOST ELECTABLE CANDIDATE"

According to the poll, 36% of Democrats say they are simply looking for someone who can win.
Deleted User 863

Or how about this...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54972389

Despite his election defeat, President Donald Trump can boast a success that has intrigued pollsters - he was more popular with ethnic minority voters than in 2016.

Some might find this surprising given that his critics so accused him of racism and Islamophobia. Trump denies the charges and has accused Democrats of taking African Americans voters for granted.

The Republican president gained six percentage points among black men, and five percentage points among Hispanic women. It means some voters changed their minds, after either not voting or voting for another candidate in 2016.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

That's not what that poll shows, and it's cherry picking a single article that, if you look at the poll, misrepresents it.

Poll averages were regularly showing a dominant lead for Biden amongst blacks, and it was constantly talked about during the primaries. All races said that the ability to beat Trump was most important.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:32 pm Or how about this...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54972389

Despite his election defeat, President Donald Trump can boast a success that has intrigued pollsters - he was more popular with ethnic minority voters than in 2016.

Some might find this surprising given that his critics so accused him of racism and Islamophobia. Trump denies the charges and has accused Democrats of taking African Americans voters for granted.

The Republican president gained six percentage points among black men, and five percentage points among Hispanic women. It means some voters changed their minds, after either not voting or voting for another candidate in 2016.
First, you mentioned the primaries, so, you're just being yourself with moving the goalposts, which I get it, that's your MO.

Secondly, yes, he did worse in the general with minorities, but still got something like 88 percent of the black vote.
Deleted User 863

"You ain't black if..."

Amirite?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

You morans should quote illy's mega post another 100 times
Defense. Rebounds.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:42 pm "You ain't black if..."

Amirite?
Who did black voters extremely overwhelmingly vote for?
Deleted User 863

Mjl wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:22 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:42 pm "You ain't black if..."

Amirite?
Who did black voters extremely overwhelmingly vote for?
Obama?

Of course they voted for Biden. He was running against Trump. LOL
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

At this point there’s no reason to vote for Republicans other than in support for White Supremacy. At least they stand FOR that!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, the narrative seemed to go from “...but we’re not actually courting the white power vote” to “...but the real tragedy is cancel culture”

But this post makes me miss DC, when he would just be here to help with some nice rational response that coyly accused us of not understanding some point that wuz never made.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i know many republicans. as i am sure all of you do. none of them are white supremists.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

that you know of
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Racism can come in a lot of flavors, and is not often something folks proudly wear on their sleeves