Another mass shooting

Ugh.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Sparko »

Those crime reports are expensive and don’t write themselves. Especially when the police are doing so much of the shooting.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:33 am
MJ23 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:49 am
Overlander wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:46 amJFC
Seriously - in regards to this, you can go fuck yourself.
What you may care about I might not give a fuck about too but at least I'm not going to be an asshole to you about it if you tell me how much it affects you.
i think Overlander’s point was that it isn’t healthy to focus on all the bad shit that happens around you
This.
Plus, I don't visit this site for the greater Chicago police blog.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Overlander wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:07 am
MJ23 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:49 am

Seriously - in regards to this, you can go fuck yourself.
What you may care about I might not give a fuck about too but at least I'm not going to be an asshole to you about it if you tell me how much it affects you.
i think Overlander’s point was that it isn’t healthy to focus on all the bad shit that happens around you
This.
And no one visits this site to see users bitch about other users yet here we are.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:33 am
This.
And no one visits this site to see users bitch about other users yet here we are.
I'm not gonna lie, it's part of why I come here.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:48 am

This.
I knew that when I typed "no one" that it would bring some sort of comment from the "you don't speak for me" guy but I got busy and didn't go back and edit it. My bad. I do appreciate the self-deprecating response over the attack response so thank you.

All the weird personally attacks on here lately are bizarre. Not sure why it's so much lately. Things are going much better overall nationwide so it seems to just be habitual at this point.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

90% are perpetuated by 2 posters.
Just Ledoux it
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:28 pm

I knew that when I typed "no one" that it would bring some sort of comment from the "you don't speak for me" guy but I got busy and didn't go back and edit it. My bad. I do appreciate the self-deprecating response over the attack response so thank you.

All the weird personally attacks on here lately are bizarre. Not sure why it's so much lately. Things are going much better overall nationwide so it seems to just be habitual at this point.
I'm gonna go ahead and agree with this.

I really thought that we'd be celebrating the fact that we're overcoming a global pandemic and things would be much more Kum ba ya than they are.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 880

Post by Deleted User 880 »

Overlander wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:52 am You cannot possibly be personally connected to EVERY shooting in Chicago.
Of course I'm not, nor have I ever claimed to be. Right?
So then why make a post that accuses me of doing something that I never claimed and isn't true?
As far as your saying, "Plus, I don't visit this site for the greater Chicago police blog".
Neither does anyone else. Including myself.
As of this post, there are 866 topics on the Basketball Board, 243 on the Football, 45 on the Other Sports, 580 on the Off Topic, 467 on the Politics, and 28 on the Satellite. Plenty of different things to visit this site for.
Not everything people post is going to pertain to you nor are all the posts made to accommodate you and your interests.
I made posts about shootings on a thread about shootings and you seem to have an issues with what I post and how they affect me.
If you don't like what I post about, then don't read it.
It's pretty darn simple. Isn't it?
Instead, you choose to read my posts and then ridicule me in regards to what I choose to post about.
Hey, so be it.

Moving on.......
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:42 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:28 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with this.

I really thought that we'd be celebrating the fact that we're overcoming a global pandemic and things would be much more Kum ba ya than they are.
Me too. I'll try really hard to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe the irritation and boredom of the college basketball offseason after the ugliest tourney exit in KU history is grinding on people more than I expected. But I know that isn't it.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I just think maybe it would be better for us all if we all take the responsibility to report any and all shootings or other serious tragedies in our respective metro areas.....and how they have affected each of us personally.

IMO, Chicago is getting way to much pub.

Those of us that share metro areas can split up east/west, north/south metro areas.

And please, no more than 4 degrees of separation.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

MJ23 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:52 pm
Overlander wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:01 pm You don't witness any more horrible situations that most of us.

Which is barely any.

You make it sound like you are a combat reporter in 90s Iraq.
"Most"? I beg to differ. I'm confident I have witnessed more "horrible situations" than 75%+ of those who post on here.
You very well may be in the other 25% but TO ME, what I have witnessed is plenty. Too much.
I make it sound like..... what it is.
I think I need to chime in here and defend Gutter. Given the location of his residence, he's had a good deal of violence to witness. Most, if not all of the looting last year took place near the area Gutter lives. Chicago has a ton of neighborhoods (obviously) and Gutter's Gold Coast has a ton of high-end shopping areas. My neighborhood saw little to nothing. Gutter's area was closed off when Mayor Lightfoot raised the river bridges a couple of times last summer. It had an "Escape from New York" look at times down there.

He's witnessed quite a bit of trouble in the last 14 months.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

twocoach wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:41 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:58 am Negativity sells. The news sucks....no matter the platform
The news is fine when that's what it actually is. Every network at times simply provides some true news. The biased commentary of the news as well as the selective framing and presentation of what news to present is what sucks.
I just helped my niece move to Chicago last month from Colorado. She's currently in a really great place in an area of the city called Pilsen. She posted her move onto Facebook and one of her aunt's responded "be careful, Chicago is a very dangerous place." Thanks for that welcome. Keep in mind the aunt's perspective of Chicago life is the 10 O'clock local news from the living room of her west suburban home of last 50 years.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:15 pm
TDub wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:58 am Negativity sells. The news sucks....no matter the platform
The news is fine when that's what it actually is. Every network at times simply provides some true news. The biased commentary of the news as well as the selective framing and presentation of what news to present is what sucks.
I just helped my niece move to Chicago last month from Colorado. She's currently in a really great place in an area of the city called Pilsen. She posted her move onto Facebook and one of her aunt's responded "be careful, Chicago is a very dangerous place." Thanks for that welcome. Keep in mind the aunt's perspective of Chicago life is the 10 O'clock local news from the living room of her west suburban home of last 50 years.
Sure but...

https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/05/03 ... nd-pilsen/

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2021/05/19 ... in-pilsen/
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Trying to make some joke about how gutter is pretty much real life Snake Pliskin
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

gutter when he realizes they put cheese on his quarter pounder again

chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

I laughed.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:41 pm
chiknbut wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:15 pm

Sure but...

https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/05/03 ... nd-pilsen/

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2021/05/19 ... in-pilsen/
I'm assuming you'll be on here shortly with a police report about Lincoln Square. Or Avondale. Or Lincoln Park. Or Uptown. Or Chatham. Or Bronzeville. Or Lake View. Or Edgewater. Or Logan Square. Or Wicker Park. Or Garfield Park.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I am going to visit my daughter in Chicago on June 26-27. Looking forward to it. I haven't been up there in 5 years. First stop will be Vesecky's Bakery on Cermak to get poppyseed kolaches. I have heard they are almost as good as my aunt's kolaches, we will see. If they have good poppyseed cake I will bring one home with me. If someone knows a better location for real Bohemian poppyseed pastries in Chicago let me know.

I love that city. It is a great place to hang out for a weekend.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:19 pm
I love that city. It is a great place to hang out for a weekend.
Agreed.