Royals

Other Sports.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Royals

Post by Sparko »

Overall, I think Matheny sucks pretty bad right now. Bad feel for the game, Team is not running, not hitting, not pitching.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

DFA Soler
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

DFA Dozier and fire the hitting coach.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Hitting coaches need to go. Mayberry not a great average even when he hit 30 HRs. But looking at the shit show, Dozier, Guttierez and Alberto have no place on the ML roster. Dozier lost his timing last probably due to COVID and has mostly only warning track power to right field. He needs to work in the minors. Bring up some bats and lets work on next year.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

When players are doing well, we praise the players.

When players are doing shit, we fire the coaches.

Makes sense.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:55 am When players are doing well, we praise the players.

When players are doing shit, we fire the coaches.

Makes sense.
Kansas football fans and Royals fans know there is always more blame than can be equitably spread. Dayton Moore has been whistling uncomfortably by some of the craptastic decisions too.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Mondesi smokes a dinger first AB back. Dude is talented if he just can stay healthy for just a bit.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:47 pm Mondesi smokes a dinger first AB back. Dude is talented if he just can stay healthy for just a bit.
He’s hard to quit, that’s for sure.

My brother texted me, “I hope he goes 5-5 with 3 hr and gets traded before dark.”
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man, he just changes that team so much. The double play he turned as well was magnificent.

Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Detroit scores deciding runs on two wild pitches.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The three run monster shot that Mondi hit was the fastest bat speed I have seen on a Royal's team since Bo Jackson. He pulled a four-seam 96 mph fastball into the third tier restaurant in RF--460-ft plus. More loft and it might have cleared the ballpark. And Nicky was phenomenal at 2B. So I move Witt to 3B and start winning games if I am Dayton and the guy who manages.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So all we have left is Witts steals chase.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I don't get not calling up Witt. Every game in the minors deflates whatever he might achieve later in terms of career stats. And it isn't like Dozier, Soler or Guttierez are hitting. Witt would bring at least .100 points higher average and a great glove. Madness. Let's build at least. An insult to fans. "Witt will call himself up when he becomes lava hot." Um yeah, like Dozier will put himself on waivers. Dozier has zero timing and is undergoing the worst batting debacle in Royals history--no small task there.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sure it has something to do with service time thing.

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:26 pm Sure it has something to do with service time thing.
Not at this point. We're past the super-two deadline.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:00 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:47 pm Mondesi smokes a dinger first AB back. Dude is talented if he just can stay healthy for just a bit.
He’s hard to quit, that’s for sure.

My brother texted me, “I hope he goes 5-5 with 3 hr and gets traded before dark.”
And, back to the DL.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There is only upside getting Witt into the fray now. Because, c'mon. Guttierez? Dozier? This team could win now with another bat and better game management. Dozier had three hits yesterday, but struck out twice awkwardly. He K'd as he watched a "meh" fastball of the middle of the plate with the bases loaded. And Mondesi hates earth's gravity.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

There are potential downsides to calling up Witt. There are upsides, too.

I think given that there are both, in the spirit of not taking any direct action that might fuck him up, I am ok with keeping him down and having him continue to rake for the highest confidence possible. He still hasn't seen a ton of AB's in AA.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

That is reasonable. But saw Arizona closing in on the 2005 Royals and I had a flashback.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

For reference, because why not:

Witt has 176 PA's in 38 games in minor leagues.

A-Rod had 347 PA's in 82 games before being called up on July 18.