Uncle Joe

Ugh.
Mjl

Re: Uncle Joe

Post by Mjl »

JKLivin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:25 pm
zsn wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:17 pm It’s quite puzzling that rank-and-file Republicans turn on anyone in government who does anything to actually help people. Be it attempts to control a deadly pandemic, providing access to quality healthcare or reliable infrastructure.

They have truly become the Party of F-you
I tend to agree with Reagan, who, according to some around here, is a RINO: "Government is not the solution; government is the problem."
So it's cool that he granted amnesty to a bunch of illegals and, after the initial tax cut, raised taxes several times? Like, the exact things you're using to justify McCain, despite a mostly conservative record, is a RINO?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Mjl wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:12 pm
JKLivin wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:25 pm
zsn wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:17 pm It’s quite puzzling that rank-and-file Republicans turn on anyone in government who does anything to actually help people. Be it attempts to control a deadly pandemic, providing access to quality healthcare or reliable infrastructure.

They have truly become the Party of F-you
I tend to agree with Reagan, who, according to some around here, is a RINO: "Government is not the solution; government is the problem."
So it's cool that he granted amnesty to a bunch of illegals and, after the initial tax cut, raised taxes several times? Like, the exact things you're using to justify McCain, despite a mostly conservative record, is a RINO?
A POTUS trying to work with Congress to get the best deal possible isn’t the same as a Congressman lying to voters in order to get re-elected.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i still don’t see where he actually lied to voters
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:56 pm i still don’t see where he actually lied to voters
^^^

He said he would be conservative. He voted against Obamacare as a conservative. But to repeal without a replacement, which would just strand a crapload of his constituents with no health insurance - where did he promise to do that?

Psych, what's the context of your claims about him voting to raise taxes? I'm not aware of that.

And, again, Reagan. The tax raises weren't just making a deal with Dems, as you revise history - it was because Reagan was against deficit spending (yes, he blew up the deficit like every Republican), and had to correct when the tax cuts proved to be too much.

That's what I would consider a real conservative. Which is why I understand why you would consider McCain a RINO. Because today's Republicans aren't really conservative. I am gathering that when people say RINO, they mean "actual conservative". Because the current Republican party is a nationalist, populist party. There's nothing conservative about it anymore.
Last edited by Mjl on Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

psych, if you value honesty in a politician, would you please be so kind as to tell us how you really feel about Trump?

(bonus points if you can respond without mentioning Cankles)
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:07 pm psych, if you value honesty in a politician, would you please be so kind as to tell us how you really feel about Trump?

(bonus points if you can respond without mentioning Cankles)
Saw him as the lesser of the two evils, held my nose and voted. Felt like both candidates were equally objectionable in 2020 and couldn't bring myself to vote at all. Hoping he doesn't throw his hat in the ring next election cycle.

What do I win?
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well since the “lesser of two evils” is an indirect reference to ol’ Dowdy, no bonus points available.

But since you so kindly responded, you’ve won a front row seat to Donald John’s re-inauguration this August!*

*assuming he isn’t indicted before then…
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:34 pm *assuming he isn’t indicted before then…
Been hearing that for years...
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:12 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:34 pm *assuming he isn’t indicted before then…
Been hearing that for years...
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-lashes-o ... 4970?amp=1
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

The Trump Organization is facing criminal charges, not Donald Trump individually, correct?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:17 am The Trump Organization is facing criminal charges, not Donald Trump individually, correct?
Orange man bad. End of story.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:59 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:17 am The Trump Organization is facing criminal charges, not Donald Trump individually, correct?
Orange man bad. End of story.
Sums it up pretty well.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, last I heard, charges could be coming for Trump himself, and/or Trump Inc., and/or Trump’s associates, depending on what the grand jury decides?
Deleted User 89

the first indictments won’t be for trump, according to Vance...but that says nothing of the targets of additional, future indictments
Deleted User 89

woah...big news with who has been tapped to lead the Forest Service

hopefully the moves this administration is making will pave the way for these sorts of appointments (of minorities) to no longer be newsworthy...aka, more commonplace
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:38 am woah...big news with who has been tapped to lead the Forest Service

hopefully the moves this administration is making will pave the way for these sorts of appointments (of minorities) to no longer be newsworthy...aka, more commonplace
Who was it?

Ive often wanted to work for the forest service....but their system/process makes it nearly impossible unless you started at 18 or thereabouts
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:59 am
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:38 am woah...big news with who has been tapped to lead the Forest Service

Who was it?

Ive often wanted to work for the forest service....but their system/process makes it nearly impossible unless you started at 18 or thereabouts
https://miamiherald.com/news/politics-g ... 45453.html

First African American to lead US Forest Service

Veteran forester Randy Moore has been named chief of the U.S. Forest Service, the first African American to lead the agency in its 116-year history.

Moore, 66, replaces Vicki Christiansen, who has led the agency since 2018. The Forest Service, a division of the Agriculture Department, oversees 193 million acres of public lands in 154 national forests and 20 national grasslands.

Moore has served as regional forester in the California-based Pacific Southwest Region since 2007, where he has responsibility for 18 national forests in California and Hawaii...

...Before heading the Pacific Southwest region, Moore was regional forester in the Wisconsin-based Eastern Region, where he oversaw forests in 20 states.

Moore started his federal career in 1978 at USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service in North Dakota. He has worked at national forests in Colorado, North Carolina and Missouri, a national grassland in Kansas and as an administrator in Washington...

i’ve mentioned before, but my pops worked for the USFS for 35+ years. it’s definitely a difficult federal division to break into unless you start as a grunt fighting fires and cutting trails
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Seems qualified. Thats a nice change
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

very qualified

i particularly liked that he’s had experience across fur set types and even grasslands, as well as some time in DC doing the bureaucracy thing

i’ll have to see if my dad has an opinion, though he’s been out since the 90s
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »