Royals

Other Sports.
twocoach

Re: Royals

Post by twocoach »

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ben-zobr ... mer-pastor

Wasn't sure what thread to put a story about former Royals World Series star Ben Zobrist filing for divorce from his Christian pop star wife for screwing the married pastor who was their pre- and post-marital counselor. The Royals thread? The "religion makes you dumb" thread? I don't know. I settled for here.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Color me shocked.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Anointed with oil, laid on with hands, and snake handled.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Matheny brings in Brentz to pitch to five right handers in the 7th. Lefty. Fan interference allowed to benefit the home team too. And then smash the Yankee’s relievers. Special special memories.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Pretty crazy you can bat .050 over several weeks and not call up Witt. Lynch and Kowar need to come back too. Pointless Matheny.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Either Boston bats are thoroughly corked or the ball they get to hit is juiced. Soler made solid contact and the ball died. Their Santana hit a check swing three run HR to right center. Something is off. Last night, the umpire walked a Red Sox hitter on 4 strikes. Need to police the game. More than an occasional pitcher’s hat.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

15-1. Let it go.

I did like that double-switch trickery when the game was long decided. Good game management.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:16 am77-85
On pace.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Watched tonight. Yuck.
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Twice in five years I have been traveling through Nevada Missouri passing their McDonalds when the Royals have mounted improbable comebacks in the 9th inning. Once against the White Sox, the other last night. Still not a good reason to travel there, but the odds for both events are pretty staggering considering I had to be listening to the game. I would have traveled to see a game if Witt Junior was up. But the way I see it, the Royals aren't serious about the fans right now.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

For Royals fans in the area, Northwest Arkansas is in Wichita all week (I know the prevailing thought on this board is Wichita sucks but still) and could be a chance to see Whitt. He'll probably be leaving the series early for the Futures Game though.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Dang it, I went to bed in the 9th convinced we had lost it.

Watching now. Terrible out at 3rd.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:14 pm For Royals fans in the area, Northwest Arkansas is in Wichita all week (I know the prevailing thought on this board is Wichita sucks but still) and could be a chance to see Whitt. He'll probably be leaving the series early for the Futures Game though.
If I wasn't mostly tied up the next few nights, I might try to make it out.

Great ballpark and it would be fun to see Witt up close. He's a baller. The Wind Surge are actually pretty damn good. Just had a handful move up to AAA and another move to MLB from AA about a month ago.

But Pratto is good as well. Could be 1B of the future.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:34 pm
UnholyLivingDead wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:14 pm For Royals fans in the area, Northwest Arkansas is in Wichita all week (I know the prevailing thought on this board is Wichita sucks but still) and could be a chance to see Whitt. He'll probably be leaving the series early for the Futures Game though.

Great ballpark and it would be fun to see Witt up close. He's a baller. The Wind Surge are actually pretty damn good. Just had a handful move up to AAA and another move to MLB from AA about a month ago.

The new ballpark is really nice. Went to the home opener but haven't gotten back to another game just yet.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Need to see the Royals commit to a younger lineup. Soler probably gone IMHO. He wasn’t really trying yesterday.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:34 pm

One of the most important developments of the season, no doubt.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He really struggled a couple years ago. He’s been really good this year. We’ll see him in August and September.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:24 pm He really struggled a couple years ago. He’s been really good this year. We’ll see him in August and September.
I would guess not. No reason to rush him.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I don't think it is a rush when you have no one in front of you. Bring up the kids. Dayton getting some heat as well after a dismal draft performance. Seems like we get to draft only budget players now.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

We talk about the Royals drafting a high school pitcher instead of one of the best ones in college?