pdub
Site Admin

Re: F the NCAA

Post by pdub »

Hes gonna be there six years.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Master P's son, incoming frosh at Tennessee State, reporting he signed a $2m deal.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lmao
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Itll be normal"

It's like the new manager just came in at my favorite pub and says dont worry nothing is changing. Then we get Apple Flingers on a newly printed cocktail menu which is just apple puckers and makers for 16 bucks and 19 dollar buffalo sliders and Billie Eilish songs playing and no smoking anywhere on the property.

And then the manager is saying, hey, nothing's changed really, and if it has, you're the problem.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i kinda like Billie Eyelash
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you dont like our new digital bidding system where our drink prices go up and down like stocks which you manage via our app, that's on you.

Dunno what your problem is.
These guys here love it.
BWW Chad isn't even going to BWW anymore.

This bar is great.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I’m old. I remember football games, across the Big 8, started at 1:00 pm. It wasn’t long ago, to me, when Memorial had no lights. Little to no television for KU. That’s a nice rhythm.

Basketball games were on Saturday afternoons (the winter sun coming through the windows) and Wednesday nights.

Those days are over.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mich and I love the sun through the Fieldhouse.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:10 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:27 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:22 pm maybe i’m being naive, but i don’t see this leading to the athletes not having to enroll
I give it 6 months before Fish, CNB and sports media start complaining about how "it's unfair and bullshit that we expect these paid, professional athletes to continue this dog and pony show of making them enroll in class and pretend to be students. It's a charade! It's archaic! It's exploitative! It's racist!" Plus it'll be "better for the game" if there were no restrictions to practice times and practice limits.
If you're lumping me into this, then either I haven't done a good job explaining my position or you haven't been paying attention.

This is a reach.
All I know is that throughout these discussions I've been repeatedly told that I am the stupidest piece of shit who ever lived for thinking schools would immediately use NIL as a new form of recruiting. I was told it's a preposterous leap and a slippery slope argument. Then today the consensus narrative became. "Yeah, of course schools will do that...immediately, but it's ok. Won't change anything"

The flood waters are rising and continue to do so. You seem convinced they'll magically stop rising at the point you want. I hope you are right. But it's an assumption based on nothing.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

^^^^
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Or, the schools were already doing it, you're just a sucker for not knowing, so it's ok now. Either one.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well I mean, has any school done it immediately?

So far, except for a few Christian and Mitch posts, have any schools said anything as a recruiting pitch along the lines of pay for play?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Have any KU student athletes besides Christian and Mitch said or done anything?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Silvio just pointed out something:

International students on an F1 visa may not be employed in the US, so they cannot take advantage of NIL
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Schools, sans ksu and Mizzou aren't dumb.

I'm guessing the KUBB team has had multiple convos about how to handle this with prewritten requests similar to Brauns which really make me excited for future Jayhawk basketball.

I really think "Kansas Jayhawk" will be a trigger word for the jfish cnb crowd soon enough bc really does the name even mean anything really? It's just words. Why not KC, it's close, more people live there. And now that money is a factor, let's find a better name for the team. Phogushers?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It does suck that so much has to be about money.

The pols bored in me can kinda smell what you guys are stepping in, in, some sense.

But this other pols bored sense of mine is also pleased that more and more Mericans are realizing the value of their labor.

It’s kind of a funny spot I still haven’t figured out!

But one hypothetical that I think could be a real barometer on this bored in a hurry is, whether Och might cite NIL as a reason for returning.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If Och returns and the NILGang, basically the new Buttercream gang, says, well, the only reason och came back is money, and that's their thing for the rest of time, some sort of weird told you so deal, well, the NILGang may get their own custom avatars, at no cost to anyone.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:16 pm Have any KU student athletes besides Christian and Mitch said or done anything?
Most. Just not as often as Mitch or Braun.

Even Gradey Dick made a post saying DMs are open for inquiries.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:44 pm Silvio just pointed out something:

International students on an F1 visa may not be employed in the US, so they cannot take advantage of NIL
I’m guessing this is not a very nuanced take by Silvio.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:31 pm If Och returns and the NILGang, basically the new Buttercream gang, says, well, the only reason och came back is money, and that's their thing for the rest of time, some sort of weird told you so deal, well, the NILGang may get their own custom avatars, at no cost to anyone.
Giggle.

There are lots and lots of reasons someone in Och’s shoes would come back. Until a few days ago, there were really only two big reasons to leave. And now one of them is solved for, or at least mitigated.

This is a good thing, folks.