21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah.

Let’s also keep in mind that Braun was the 5th option on a team that got its ass kicked quite a bit, and Self has since brought in multiple doods at Braun’s position.

So on one hand it seems poised for a rotation shakeup.

But on the other hand it would be classic suggestion box material to bring in multiple doods just to sit them in favor of the coach’s incumbent favorite keed.

Self hates scoring and wants to keep games in the 50s, remember?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:29 pm Braun just has such an advantage by having spent multiple seasons playing in Self's system (offensively and defensively) and also has mutliple seasons playing alongside Wilson Och and DMac....that experience is what gives him a massive advantage over newcomers. Especially as the 4th or 5th best player in the rotation.
This is a good point.

Ok, I'll take Braun over JCL.

Not over Yesufu though.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I hope to see Braun fulfill the point-forward/“gets the assignments” billing
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

OK, Ford's website just seems like a disaster to understand, but he's on Twitter predicting Remy is a Jayhawk next season. Carry on.

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/sta ... 36236?s=20
"So, which one of these topics are conspiracy?

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

hasbeen wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:25 pm OK, Ford's website just seems like a disaster to understand, but he's on Twitter predicting Remy is a Jayhawk next season. Carry on.

https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider/sta ... 36236?s=20
Yep.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status ... 5504081925
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

"Play in college next season" is such a weird way to say that.

1 .911 was done by Israel: okay, if you think that one is conspiracy, I'll just leave that one alone."

- lobser
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

All those twats who said KU and Self couldn't do anything with this cloud hanging over them look like fools.

Self has completely changed the dynamic of this roster in a few short months. They were slow, unathletic and timid. Now they have some dogs and alphas leading the way.

Now you get alpha athletic guys like Remy and Yesufu.
You get some pick and pop big guys like Clemence and Cam Martin.
You get some shooters like JCL and another year of progression from Ochai and CB.
You get a motivated DMac and Wilson.
You get some good young talent in there that can play if needed in Harris, Pettiford and Cuffe.
You let Adams redshirt and become a TRob type of post player that is ferocious on the boards.

You have Mitch, Teahan and Jankovich to look good in street clothes every game.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:41 pm All those twats who said KU and Self couldn't do anything with this cloud hanging over them look like fools.
yup

i’m not gonna name names, but they know who they are
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

umm, wasn’t it Self himself saying that?

At least whining about the cloud to the media
Deleted User 89

coach speak lol
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Practices should be really, really fun.

See you guys on Bourbon St.
Holidaysmore - 2005
kujayhawkfan

Post by kujayhawkfan »

SHOULD BE A GOOD SEASON FOR US
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:48 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:41 pm All those twats who said KU and Self couldn't do anything with this cloud hanging over them look like fools.
yup

It's July...and we said similar things about TGF last year.

I don't remember what others said but i remember thinking the "cloud" was preventing us from landing more of the top end talent. Top 15-20 guys. Future NBA players. Lotto Pick Type guys.

Self has absolutely changed the dynamics of this roster in a few months and should no doubt be praised for that...but this isn't what was typically being complained about.

And as far as transformation of roster....the best 2 gets of the summer are Och and Wilson coming back.
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:23 pm
yup

I don't remember what others said but i remember thinking the "cloud" was preventing us from landing more of the top end talent. Top 15-20 guys. Future NBA players. Lotto Pick Type guys.

Self has absolutely changed the dynamics of this roster in a few months and should no doubt be praised for that...but this isn't what was typically being complained about.

And as far as transformation of roster....the best 2 gets of the summer are Och and Wilson coming back.
dude...sensitive much?

nobody was calling you out. i honestly couldn’t even remember who specifically said the potential violations were keeping us from getting guys

heck, i think i even speculated that other coaches might be using it against us

i personally choose to trust in Self as long as he’s leading this program...he has a way of making things work, particularly when it comes to pulling rabbits out of hats in the ninth inning
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

yup

The best two gets of the summer are Remy Martin joining the team and Och unexpectedly coming back with Wilson's expected return a distant third.
Last edited by twocoach on Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:33 pm

yup

dude...sensitive much?

nobody was calling you out. i honestly couldn’t even remember who specifically said the potential violations were keeping us from getting guys

heck, i think i even speculated that other coaches might be using it against us

i personally choose to trust in Self as long as he’s leading this program...he has a way of making things work, particularly when it comes to pulling rabbits out of hats in the ninth inning
I wasn't being sensitive (or combative) with my response, just friendly dialog.

I absolutely think not having Adidas helping us has impacted recruiting. Self has implied similar about "the cloud". But like you, i trust Self to put together an elite team. His track record shows he does it the vast majority of the time.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:34 pm

yup

The best two gets of the summer are Och unexpectedly coming back and Remy Martin joining the team with Wilson's expected return a distant third.
But Remy hasn't joined the team and there is a chance he might not. So i am going with Och and Wilson and IF we get Remy he can be 3rd on my list.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

i'll wait til the end of 2021 to pin a rose on the organization. you know, when they accomplish something more than look unrecognizable on paper.
hasbeen

Post by hasbeen »

I understand that the doomsday stuff about the NCAA investigation may be a bit over the top, but it's undeniably a concern. COVID absolutely fucked us in Dok's final year but the new rules as a result might save us. We don't have Remy this year without the transfer rule. Who is our starting PG then?

I have my issues with Bill, but he's an elite coach who will always find a way to scrape together a competitive team. But I really miss getting excited about teams loaded with NBA talent.

- lobser