21-22 lineup

Kansas Basketball.
twocoach

Re: 21-22 lineup

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:42 pm i'll wait til the end of 2021 to pin a rose on the organization. you know, when they accomplish something more than look unrecognizable on paper.
Fun hater. Wet blanket it all you want, I am excited by the recent developments and for the possibilities of next season's roster. Frankly, it's fun just to have basketball news in the summer, let alone that a bunch of good players want to come play for KU.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

The Fieldhouse will be full and rocking. That alone is enough reason to be excited.

1. Remy coming here
2. Och coming back
3. Wilson coming back
Holidaysmore - 2005
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

lol at mich

guess we should just stop talking about this team altogether...at least until game 1

mich, can we talk about them after the exhibitions, or do we have to wait for regular season?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I'm excited about how this roster came together. Basically everything fell into place that you could've really hoped for. Every guy we wanted, or at least a version of every guy we wanted, we got. From where we were in April, to today you couldn't ask for any better.

That being said, there are still a shitload of question marks about this team....mostly just because there are so many newcomers. With that said, this team also likely has a very similar starting lineup and minutes distribution as last year with the exception of PG. So...we're all focused on the newcomers, but what matters most are the progressions of McMack, Braun, Och, and Wilson.

Rosters always look better in July than they do in January, but we at least have multiple options to fill all the holes. A lot is riding on Remy Martin.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

was posted this morning, but whatevs
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:40 pm was posted this morning, but whatevs
We didn't have Illy's permission until now though.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:40 pm was posted this morning, but whatevs
Oops.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

This is going to be a fun year to watch. If Self can get everyone on the same page by the time the conference season starts they will be tough to beat.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 863

Now that we know for sure we have Yesufu Remy and CB for those 2 spots i think in my mind it actually makes us more versatile to bring Yesufu off the bench because he can come in for any of the 1-4 spots (people would have to slide down in some scenarios obviously since he will always play as the 1/2). I am assuming we will want 1 of those 2 on the floor at all times for all 40min...but on the flip side it's also a feel thing for locker room chemistry if they're going to play the same minutes whether they start or not and that's something Self will have to feel out.
A rotation of
Remy
Yesufu
CB
Och
Wilson
DMac
Cam
JCL

And then 1 spot up for a handful of minutes left up for grabs?
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kujayhawkfan

Post by kujayhawkfan »

japhy wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:14 pm This is going to be a fun year to watch. If Self can get everyone on the same page by the time the conference season starts they will be tough to beat.
HE WILL BE ABLE TO GET EVERYBODY ON THE SOME PAGE
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Who redshirts?
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Id say Cuffe. But it'd be weird to reclassify just to shirt? Pettiford if his injury recovery is slow. Dajuan if he sees the path to playing time dimming. KJ if Cam is whooping him in practice?
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

KJ and Pettiford make the most sense... but Bill usually doesn't redshirt top-100 freshmen. But they aren't going to play, so might as well.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

kujayhawkfan wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:37 pm
japhy wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:14 pm This is going to be a fun year to watch. If Self can get everyone on the same page by the time the conference season starts they will be tough to beat.
HE WILL BE ABLE TO GET EVERYBODY ON THE SOME PAGE
But which one?
I'd prefer closer to the front page than back.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think Dajuan is more valuable as the guard with experience in the system next year (or rather, if one of the freshmen is more ready to contribute than Dajuan, oh man)

but if he has another year of looking like the neighborhood kid playing with all the older dudes and looking surprised every time he hits a shot, maybe lock him in the gym next year and don’t take the red off til he’s got more of a j?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think we are undervaluing the type of shit Dajuan brought to the team. Stat sheet maybe didn't show it, but there were stretches that he was the best player on the floor, and it was more than a couple of times.

I can easily see a lineup of Dajuan, Remy, CB, Ochai and McCormack out there quite often. Dajuan doesn't need to score, it's not his top preference, he can focus on being a distributor for the other 4 out there.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Adams, Cuffe and Pettiford likely redshirt guys. One, Pettiford is not healthy. Two, Cuffe is still a young guy. Up here to learn the game better than playing prep guys. 3, Adams is an undersized PF. Needs to get a lot stronger to play.

Minutes Prediction - 200 minutes per game BTW
Remy 35
Ochai 30
Dave 28
JW 27
CB 20
Yesufu 20
Dajuan 15
Cam Martin 10
JCL 8
Clemence 7

10 guys in all will play quite a bit. But if it comes down to a big game or something like that, Self is sticking with the top 7-8 guys
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah, Dajuan is good, and it may be big that he’s the only non-scorer out there this year, rather than playing alongside other guards who can’t shoot either
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:47 am I think Dajuan is more valuable as the guard with experience in the system next year (or rather, if one of the freshmen is more ready to contribute than Dajuan, oh man)

but if he has another year of looking like the neighborhood kid playing with all the older dudes and looking surprised every time he hits a shot, maybe lock him in the gym next year and don’t take the red off til he’s got more of a j?
Hasn't harris already redshirted? Or did that one not count because of covid?

The good thing is that the guys coming in at Harris position are not freshman. So they shouldn't have any trouble beating him out, and if they do then they aren't nearly as good as advertised.