Where's the Pro-Life thread?

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Where's the Pro-Life thread?

Post by ousdahl »

Come hang with my Catholic friends some time!

(Just don’t let em know we’re stoned, they look down their nose at that shit…we’ll have to be sneaky and chief it up in the parking lot before we go in or somethin…remember to bring Visine, and axe body spray…)
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Why hang out with people you detest?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

actually, they stopped hanging out with me.

Not sure if it was cuz of the weed habit, or hanging with lose wimmin, or maybe just I called bullshit on the whole dang thing.

Who knows!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:28 am Come hang with my Catholic friends some time!

(Just don’t let em know we’re stoned, they look down their nose at that shit…we’ll have to be sneaky and chief it up in the parking lot before we go in or somethin…remember to bring Visine, and axe body spray…)
ever hear the one about how to keep mormons from drinking your beer and smoking your weed at parties?

make sure you invite more than one
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:14 am It's so funny to me that you equate being religious to being on the "right". It's almost like you don't realize exactly how religious the black and hispanic communities are which are largely groups who vote left.
Only one side is using it to form a good chunk of their platform's stances.
Deleted User 89

obvious to anyone paying attention
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:23 am I gotta call bullshit on that one. I don't believe ANYONE votes solely on abortion rights.
You'd be wrong.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:54 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:23 am I gotta call bullshit on that one. I don't believe ANYONE votes solely on abortion rights.
You'd be wrong.
There is definitely a portion of the GOP that votes solely on abortion rights
Deleted User 89

wasn’t abortion stance the primary measuring stick for trump’s SCOTUS appointees?

i’ll see if i can find the quotes, but i’m almost certain that religious folks in particular cited this issue as the reason they were able to hold their noses and cast a vote for trump...because he promised anti-Roe judges
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:31 am wasn’t abortion stance the primary measuring stick for trump’s SCOTUS appointees?

i’ll see if i can find the quotes, but i’m almost certain that religious folks in particular cited this issue as the reason they were able to hold their noses and cast a vote for trump...because he promised anti-Roe judges
It was something he ran on in his campaign:

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/19/trump-i ... -case.html

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/2 ... e-pro-life

and it is something at least some of his appointees have called for: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cory-wilso ... oe-v-wade/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/suprem ... e-n1241738
Deleted User 89

Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

So, you've never been south of I-70?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Heck, just go hang at the St. Lawrence Catholic Campus Center.

shit, nm, guess that’s south of 70 too
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Abortion is obviously an important issue to many. Even the most important issue to some.

I still think if you find someone who says they vote solely on that issue that you could create a scenario where it doesn't hold true.

Like hey candidate A is a pro choice white republican, but candidate B is a pro life black democrat....then see how it plays out.

But hey, if there are lots of idiots voting solely on 1 issue NO MATTER WHAT the other factors are, then i unfortunately gave people too much credit.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:55 pm i unfortunately gave people too much credit.
It's very easy to over correct.

People, by and large, are peoplish
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:55 pm
Like hey candidate A is a pro choice white republican, but candidate B is a pro life black democrat....then see how it plays out.
Opposite of “pro-choice” is NOT “pro-life”. The correct terms are “anti-choice” or “forced-birther”.

One can be simultaneously pro-choice AND pro-life (as I am).
Deleted User 89

zsn wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:08 am
Opposite of “pro-choice” is NOT “pro-life”. The correct terms are “anti-choice” or “forced-birther”.

^^^^^
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:56 am
zsn wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:08 am

^^^^^
illy's brain can't compute
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:54 am
You'd be wrong.
My brother, a proud Christian, admits that he was a one issue voter - abortion - for a decade.

Stem cell therapy has changed this stance.

And he wants Trump to die. So does his Pastor. They think it's the only way to heal the country.