Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
Leawood

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by Leawood »

The problem for Trump is this: If he filed this in federal court, and if the defendants file answers to "join" the issues, and if the defendants start issuing Notices to Take Depositions, Trump cannot simply "dismiss" the case and run away. He has to obtain leave of court to dismiss the case, from the judge, who may not grant him leave and force him to sit for a deposition or depositions. Another one of those "be careful what you wish for moment."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Civil procedure lulz
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Leawood wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:50 am The problem for Trump is this: If he filed this in federal court, and if the defendants file answers to "join" the issues, and if the defendants start issuing Notices to Take Depositions, Trump cannot simply "dismiss" the case and run away. He has to obtain leave of court to dismiss the case, from the judge, who may not grant him leave and force him to sit for a deposition or depositions. Another one of those "be careful what you wish for moment."
Would today be too soon to file those?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Two different books are out today (Wolff and someone from the Post). Clearly, Trump’s camp has settled on Rudy as the fall guy. Makes rational sense.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

great piece in Vanity Fair about trump and his sycophants and their attempt to whitewash jan. 6

one can only hope that the social media-driven attention span of our citizenry doesn’t prevent the majority of Americans from remembering the truth...the noose and call for pence’s head, the pipe bombs that fortunately didn’t go off, and the elected members congress who were, at best, complacent in the whole affair
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:47 am great piece in Vanity Fair about trump and his sycophants and their attempt to whitewash jan. 6

one can only hope that the social media-driven attention span of our citizenry doesn’t prevent the majority of Americans from remembering the truth...the noose and call for pence’s head, the pipe bombs that fortunately didn’t go off, and the elected members congress who were, at best, complacent in the whole affair
The "who shot Ashli" rope-a-dope suggests it's much more than a whitewash.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:51 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:47 am great piece in Vanity Fair about trump and his sycophants and their attempt to whitewash jan. 6

The "who shot Ashli" rope-a-dope suggests it's much more than a whitewash.
You know it's bad when even some on fox news were dragging trump for saying dumb shit about Jan 6.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TDub wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:07 am I fear the cdc and biden are setting us up for failure and yet another lockdown when this doesn't work. Im all for relaxing snd getting life back but we all know where this is headed....another increase in numbers and a new reason to shut it down.

Either open it up with no caveats or dont do it at all. They're playing the game and its just going to lead to more division
LA County reinstates mask mandate. Lockdown to follow. Thats gonna go over well.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

TDub wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:42 pm
TDub wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:07 am I fear the cdc and biden are setting us up for failure and yet another lockdown when this doesn't work. Im all for relaxing snd getting life back but we all know where this is headed....another increase in numbers and a new reason to shut it down.

Either open it up with no caveats or dont do it at all. They're playing the game and its just going to lead to more division
LA County reinstates mask mandate. Lockdown to follow. Thats gonna go over well.
Yikes.

I hate to say it, but the lockdowns just don't work. They're not severe enough. it's not world wide. Not enough people follow the rules. Etc.

There is absolutely no reason for healthy people, especially healthy vaccinated people, to go into another lockdown.
Deleted User 89

there is no lock-down planned, at least from what i’ve read
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:31 am there is no lock-down planned, at least from what i’ve read
I haven't heard any politicians come out and say it, so you're right on that...but it is being dangled as some form of carrot to convince people to get vaccinated (primarily by the media), but it is likely having the opposite effect.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/16/politics ... index.html

Fuckin hell. Can we focus on the golf courses and nestles and corporations draining water reserves instead of bickering about shower heads.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:18 pm https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/16/politics ... index.html

Fuckin hell. Can we focus on the golf courses and nestles and corporations draining water reserves instead of bickering about shower heads.
imo, all are worthy...toilets, shower heads, sink faucets, golf courses, excessive car washes, etc.

most everyone wastes too much water, myself included
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:21 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:18 pm https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/16/politics ... index.html

imo, all are worthy...toilets, shower heads, sink faucets, golf courses, excessive car washes, etc.

Sure. But face the real issues instead of placing the blame squarely on the individual. The amount saved by all americans switching shower heads is a proverbial drop in the bucket.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

This is a feel good...look were doing something by doing nothing approach. It was an equally worthless move by trump meant only to repeal a democratic ruling to appease a few.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:23 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:21 pm

Sure. But face the real issues instead of placing the blame squarely on the individual. The amount saved by all americans switching shower heads is a proverbial drop in the bucket.
whatcha think about putting the nix on old-school light bulbs?
Deleted User 89

do you think appliance energy efficiency standards are bs too?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I think we should tackle the biggest offensers first. To make the biggest difference why go after the individual? Because the individual doesnt have a lucrative lobby.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

in my mind, this is low-hanging fruit

more meaningful legislation would require...actual legislation and involvement with congress

this is something Biden/DoE can just do relatively easily