COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 863

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 863 »

zsn wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:04 pm To your second point, Governors of SD, Missouri, Arkansas and Florida are doing a great job continuing Trump’s legacy and ensuring that a high infection rate is maintained.
Thank god i live in a blue state where covid has been eradicated.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

You better believe you are lucky you are in a blue state. Red states are basically conducting bio-war against us. Messaging on Biden’s part isn’t the issue. It is the crazy nihilism on the right.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

While red states are lagging, let's keep informed about blanket statements without credibility:

https://governor.arkansas.gov/news-medi ... ewide-tour
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:07 pm
zsn wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:04 pm To your second point, Governors of SD, Missouri, Arkansas and Florida are doing a great job continuing Trump’s legacy and ensuring that a high infection rate is maintained.
I don’t think it’s about red-blue. WV, a state about as red as you can get, was a leader in vaccinations. Maybe I blamed Hutchinson unfairly for the spike in Arkansas.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

I'm waiting for you to pull a lobby and tell me that systemic racism has been eradicated in the state of Illinois too.

Dick move by me today but I decided someone has/had to step up.
We have employees who are blatantly ignoring/disregarding the rules. They are working in the office without being vaccinated. I called them out on it - and then I called out HR for not enforcing the rules. I refuse to work in an office with people who don't give a fuck and put me at risk - because they aren't following the rules. If the rules didn't exist, I might (but probably wouldn't) feel differently but it's almost like they are giving me (and more importantly the company that employs them and pays them well) a giant fuck you. I'm not putting up with that.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:23 pm
I'm waiting for you to pull a lobby and tell me that systemic racism has been eradicated in the state of Illinois too.

We have employees who are blatantly ignoring/disregarding the rules. They are working in the office without being vaccinated. I called them out on it - and then I called out HR for not enforcing the rules. I refuse to work in an office with people who don't give a fuck and put me at risk - because they aren't following the rules. If the rules didn't exist, I might (but probably wouldn't) feel differently but it's almost like they are giving me (and more importantly the company that employs them and pays them well) a giant fuck you. I'm not putting up with that.
Wait - do you trust the vaccines or not?
Deleted User 863

🤐🤐🤐
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Your Sangamon Co., IL went to Trump.

https://results.enr.clarityelections.co ... /#/summary
Deleted User 887

Mjl wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:56 pm

Wait - do you trust the vaccines or not?
Do I trust that the vaccine helps prevent ME getting Covid? Yes.
Do I trust that they are safe? I have mixed feelings based on no long term data but I prefer to believe that MY getting a bad case of Covid would do me more damage than the vaccine will do to me - short term.
Do I trust that the injections that I received were not liquid microchips that were injected in to my arm? Yes.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:23 pm
Your Sangamon Co., IL went to Trump.

https://results.enr.clarityelections.co ... /#/summary
Barely.

In my "red county" we currently have only 4 people hospitalized with covid19. So we are doing well. About 50% our of population is vaccinated. Average daily cases has dropped from a few months ago.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

What is the male equivalent of a Karen?
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Ok, so it isn’t Arkansas. But next door, Tennessee wants to abolish the Health Department. Yikes!!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/ ... s-sms/amp/

So...what exactly is the plan here? How do you "fact check" text messages and notify carriers if you cant read the messages?
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 887

JKLivin wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:16 pm

If my being labeled a male Karen partially comes from the fact that I am responsible for and care for an 88 year old mother who has been a cancer victim numerous times (is missing the top lobe of her right lung), has auto immune deficiencies, and my goal is to keep her covid free for her sake - and mine; and........ that I also have a sister who buried a husband less than a month ago, has serious health issues, is on immunosuppressants and the vaccine/s don't work for her, and I am trying to keep her covid free and out of the hospital too; and...... I have my own health issues (including "lung disease" and "heart disease") in which my contracting covid could/would probably be a lousy thing, then by all means - I am a male Karen.

My frustration in regards to work comes from the fact that we supposedly have what were declared "strict rules" and yet people ignore them and they aren't enforced.
Sort of reminds me of the city I live in and how we have a shitty Mayor, shitty Police Superintendent, and shitty County State's Attorney, and because of that our city is crime ridden partially/mostly because people aren't afraid of the consequences of their actions - and often it's innocent law abiding citizens who are their victims.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:16 pm

um, not quite sure that comparison is apt
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:49 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/ ... s-sms/amp/

So...what exactly is the plan here? How do you "fact check" text messages and notify carriers if you cant read the messages?
They aren't going to be able to pull that off. They might want to but it would take 6 months to a year to get the IT behind it done.
Deleted User 89

nationally, case counts up 109% over the past two weeks
Deleted User 89

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:35 am
TDub wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:49 pm https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/ ... s-sms/amp/

They aren't going to be able to pull that off. They might want to but it would take 6 months to a year to get the IT behind it done.
nah...most, if not all states already have the emergency system in place, presuming it could be utilized for this

when we had our earthquake, i got notifications and had never signed up for such a thing

same with Amber Alerts

i’m not saying i think it’ll happen, just that i think it could be done relatively quickly
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:50 am nationally, case counts up 109% over the past two weeks
We have an outbreak is an assisted living facility here in town. 25+ cases or so and counting. 99% of residents and staff are vaccinated. Thankfully most of the vaccinated elderly are showing no symptoms or mild symptoms. 1 person was hospitalized, but they may be out by now.

Then my Republican Trump loving cousin (yes i am going to make it political, because both sides do it 😉), who is incredibly (otherwise) intelligent, was valedictorian of her class and graduated college from U of I with a bunch of honors, owns her own business, etc.....well this idiot posts it like a badge of honor to push her belief the vaccine doesn't work....when in reality it shows it does work. Instead of 20 old people being on the brink of death, most are asymptomatic.

The vaccine doesn't mean you 100% won't get covid. It just means you're less likely to get it, BUT if you do get it you are FAR more likely to show no symptoms or mild symptoms, AND way less likely to die.

How can smart people be so stupid sometimes?
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:53 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:35 am

nah...most, if not all states already have the emergency system in place, presuming it could be utilized for this

when we had our earthquake, i got notifications and had never signed up for such a thing

same with Amber Alerts

i’m not saying i think it’ll happen, just that i think it could be done relatively quickly
I read it more like they were going to intercept the disinformation texts going out and stop that cycle? Maybe i totally misread that.