COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by pdub »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:45 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:43 pm Little does Lobster/Walrus know, this site is run by the NSA and exists solely to out those dangerous to our deep state totalitarian society.
I knew it. Y'all are socks, then right?
Thank you pdub for being intellectually honest
Sounds like something a sock would say.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

currently evaluating how much mileage I could get out of a sock named NSA…
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

It's been a couple months but I was having trouble creating a sock. I IM'd pdub for help. I probably wouldn't use it much but it has an allsome handle. He never responded.
Defense. Rebounds.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Just some humor.

"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That's one helluva knee slapper if I've ever seen one. Almost as funny as The Family Circus.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:16 pm For those who are intellectually honest and curious...

They're doing the math wrong to be intentionally misleading.

The vaccines reduce your risk of Getting the virus. What's being presented here is just a factor of the short time you're looking at, and the total number who got sick. That only a small percentage of the total tested got sick is irrelevant. What matters is the reduction in the number of vaccinated who got sick vs the number of unvaccinated who got sick, both by chance in nature.

What this misleading piece of manipulation seems to assume, is that, following treatment with the vaccine or placebo, the individuals were then exposed to a dose of the vaccine that would get 100% of unvaccinated people infected....and you can't ethically do that. All you do is give to two groups their treatment and see how many get sick naturally and evaluate the results.

This post should be deleted.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

The alcohol in beer and wine is cytotoxic.

Your immune system mounts a cytotoxic immune response to every pathogen it encounters for which it mounts an effective response...that's part of the response.

You WANT the epitope used in the vaccine, in this case, the spike glycoprotein to illicit a cytoxic response. That's part of how our immune system clears pathogens.

Keep in mind, that regardless of what the spike protein does to your body, it's going to be worse if you get infected with the full virulent virus, than by the protein alone.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:00 pm That's one helluva knee slapper if I've ever seen one. Almost as funny as The Family Circus.
apt

Walrus

Post by Walrus »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:09 pm
Yes, we know you hate work from actual doctors. In this case, someone way above your level in the field of cardiology. We also know you hate free speech.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 89

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:12 pm The alcohol in beer and wine is cytotoxic.

Your immune system mounts a cytotoxic immune response to every pathogen it encounters for which it mounts an effective response...that's part of the response.

You WANT the epitope used in the vaccine, in this case, the spike glycoprotein to illicit a cytoxic response. That's part of how our immune system clears pathogens.

Keep in mind, that regardless of what the spike protein does to your body, it's going to be worse if you get infected with the full virulent virus, than by the protein alone.
that’s not intellectually honest, mr. know-it-all
Deleted User 89

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:13 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:09 pm
Yes, we know you hate work from actual doctors. In this case, someone way above your level in the field of cardiology. We also know you hate free speech.
actual doctors?

who? you still haven’t provided the source for your doctored, fake images
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

I already answered it. Did you forget?
Deleted User 89

no, you didn’t

fucking liar...you made a bullshit excuse to cover up your bullshit “sources”

par for the course
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:48 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:46 am
TDub wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:41 am

That there are valid reasons to be skeptical about the government facilitating door to door visits to push something. I know the Biden administration is infallible but the government history on pushing items isnt gold studded.
now you’re just being silly
If trump wouldve sent people door to door to oush anything this place wouldve come unglued about our orange fascist leader.

People dont want their personal space invaded to be pushed to do something they have made a personal choice about. Its bullshit. It would be bullshit if trump did it, its bullshit no matter who does it.
I, for one, would have been absolutely ecstatic had Cheeto Mussolini sent people door-to-door pushing vaccines. It would have meant that for the first time in his lifetime he actually did something to help others.

We’re where we are because people attached a political position to a health decision. I’ll bet that about a quarter of American adults would stop believing in gravity if Trump came out and said that gravity was a government conspiracy. And reliably there would arise a cottage industry doing very unsafe things which endanger the broader community claiming that government can’t tell them what to believe.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

It's really sad that this vaccine has become a political decision. Never has been one for me. It's only a health decision. Trump has been very pro-covid vaccine, yet there's still about 50% of people who do not want it. I've had a couple of relatives, one living in Wichita, who took the vaccine and she cannot even walk now.
Deleted User 89

from NatGeo:

This week, the Associated Press reports that about 1.3 million people in France made vaccine appointments in one day following new government mandates. President Emmanuel Macron announced that people in France would soon need special passes showing either their vaccination status or negative COVID-19 test results to go to restaurants and malls, or to ride in planes and trains. He also said vaccines would become mandatory for all healthcare workers in the fall.

To many people, these measures will sound draconian. But after an initial surge in vaccinations, the rate slowed down in the summer, so that right now only 41 percent of France’s population has been fully vaccinated. That’s well below the rate needed for herd immunity at a time when dangerous variants are threatening to extend the pandemic.

We’re in a similar pickle in the U.S., where just 48 percent of the population is fully vaccinated and rates for new appointments have also been dropping.

So far, U.S. officials have chosen to use the carrot rather than the stick, with federal and state leaders offering prizes big and small to encourage vaccination. The question on everyone’s lips is whether vaccines will become mandatory here, too, though odds are that would happen at the level of states and businesses rather than the feds. Intriguingly, a June survey by the nonprofit Kaiser Family Foundation found that half the respondents think U.S. employers should require their workers to get vaccinated—even though most people don’t want their own employer to make shots mandatory.

Underpinning the kerfuffle is the complex tangle of reasons why people remain unvaccinated. According to that Kaiser survey, 53 percent of respondents in the U.S. think the COVID-19 vaccine is too new and are worried about side effects. But the survey also found that workers whose employers offered paid time off to get vaccinated and recover from side effects were much more likely to report getting at least one dose of the vaccine. These results further underscore how much social equity, and not just hesitancy, will play a role in ending the pandemic. (Pictured above, a 2020 rally against flu shots for kids in Massachusetts.)

A smaller but still alarming number of people—26 percent—say they are skipping the COVID-19 shot because they don’t trust vaccines in general. That’s especially troubling when one of the brightest spots of the pandemic has been the rise in mRNA technology. The two mRNA vaccines currently in use continue to prove safe and effective, and that’s driving development of mRNA shots for a host of other diseases. Moderna has already started human clinical trials for an mRNA flu vaccine. And as Stacey Colino reports for us, promising clinical trials are underway for mRNA vaccines that can help beat back especially dire forms of cancer, including pancreatic cancer and melanoma (pictured above).

It’s tragic to think that heightened distrust of vaccines stoked during this pandemic might prevent people from taking advantage of future life-saving options. It’s equally tragic that people who may want vaccines can’t get them because they don’t have the necessary support systems. Vaccine mandates may well be in our future in the U.S., and I sincerely hope the people making them take all these factors into account and craft policies that ensure vaccines are seen as safe, reliable, and accessible to all.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

zsn wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:22 pm
TDub wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:48 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:46 am

now you’re just being silly
If trump wouldve sent people door to door to oush anything this place wouldve come unglued about our orange fascist leader.

People dont want their personal space invaded to be pushed to do something they have made a personal choice about. Its bullshit. It would be bullshit if trump did it, its bullshit no matter who does it.
I, for one, would have been absolutely ecstatic had Cheeto Mussolini sent people door-to-door pushing vaccines. It would have meant that for the first time in his lifetime he actually did something to help others.

We’re where we are because people attached a political position to a health decision. I’ll bet that about a quarter of American adults would stop believing in gravity if Trump came out and said that gravity was a government conspiracy. And reliably there would arise a cottage industry doing very unsafe things which endanger the broader community claiming that government can’t tell them what to believe.
Of course you would. What if he sent people door to door pushing something else though? Something youd already decided against....or on the fence about....Guessing it wouldnt have the same reaction.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Walrus wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:27 pm It's really sad that this vaccine has become a political decision. Never has been one for me. It's only a health decision. Trump has been very pro-covid vaccine, yet there's still about 50% of people who do not want it. I've had a couple of relatives, one living in Wichita, who took the vaccine and she cannot even walk now.
sure...
:lol:
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Speaking of, France is trying to mandate it on everyone. I pray their people rise up and push back to stop something so evil and wrong.