NIL

Kansas Football.
nu_bronco

NIL

Post by nu_bronco »

Didn't want to throw this is the basketball thread.

But this is crazy. There is no way some kids weren't getting bags before NIL.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... nick-saban
holidaysmore

Re: NIL

Post by holidaysmore »

I heard a stat some where that once recruiting services started with ranking kids by stars 65% of the five star kids went to the same like four or five schools (think tOSU, Clemson and Bama).
Now Saban can go into a kids home and say if you come to play for me and play to the potential I believe you can not only could you win a national championship but legally you could make a million or half a million a year. Unreal.

This is going to be either the best thing for college sports or this will effectively end college sports as we know it.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"this will effectively end college sports as we know it"

This is my take.
Others have your prior one.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:33 pm I heard a stat some where that once recruiting services started with ranking kids by stars 65% of the five star kids went to the same like four or five schools (think tOSU, Clemson and Bama).
Now Saban can go into a kids home and say if you come to play for me and play to the potential I believe you can not only could you win a national championship but legally you could make a million or half a million a year. Unreal.

This is going to be either the best thing for college sports or this will effectively end college sports as we know it.
If Saban goes into a recruit's home and starts discussing things like that or promising NIL money he will be committing recruiting violations. NIL stuff can't be tied to committing to a specific school.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:22 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:33 pm I heard a stat some where that once recruiting services started with ranking kids by stars 65% of the five star kids went to the same like four or five schools (think tOSU, Clemson and Bama).

If Saban goes into a recruit's home and starts discussing things like that or promising NIL money he will be committing recruiting violations. NIL stuff can't be tied to committing to a specific school.
He doesn't need to promise it. All he has to do is point to articles like this and say 'that's because of our brand' and wink.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

nu_bronco wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:14 pm

He doesn't need to promise it. All he has to do is point to articles like this and say 'that's because of our brand' and wink.
As long as the money isn't being paid like a salary BY the school, i am good with these kids and their families getting whatever the hell they can from the evil giant corporations.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Specific NIL contracts cannot be tied to attending specific schools. That would be a violation.

But coaches are not committing violations by pointing out the fact that they have a large network of NIL opportunities behind them. That's just called recruiting.