Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
UnholyLivingDead

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

The time to try and form partnerships is done. That ship sailed when this happened 10 years ago. Schools have to be proactive and act in their own self interests to have a foothold in this rapidly changing landscape. KU sounds like they are making calls and doing what they need to do. A big change from leadership last time around. No need to worry about preserving old conference partnerships or whatever. Just go get your share of the pie.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

As soon as the news broke that UT and OU were considering (at this point probably leaving) the ship was taking on water. Hell, Bowlsby not acting the last go around and adding more schools was really when the Big12 started taking on water. Now this 'act' by UT and OU means the water is pouring through.

I would LOVE nothing more than for KU to announce that they are leaving for the B10 before those other schools announce they are leaving for the SEC.

Also, we all may hate Mizzery but they played their cards right. That should be a lesson for KU. Look out for #1 at all costs.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:41 am As soon as the news broke that UT and OU were considering (at this point probably leaving) the ship was taking on water. Hell, Bowlsby not acting the last go around and adding more schools was really when the Big12 started taking on water. Now this 'act' by UT and OU means the water is pouring through.

I would LOVE nothing more than for KU to announce that they are leaving for the B10 before those other schools announce they are leaving for the SEC.

Also, we all may hate Mizzery but they played their cards right. That should be a lesson for KU. Look out for #1 at all costs.
Hate to say it but they made the right call at the right time. KU to the B10 would be great for KU and great for the morale of fans and alums.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:09 am New market for a conference though. Missouri doesn't attract as much KC as what many think. They do own everything east of there though.

Would BIG want to Iowa State to the mix when Iowa is already there.
Iowa definitely doesn’t want that
Deleted User 89

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:33 am
holidaysmore wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:30 am Good luck, UT. I hope you enjoy becoming the SEC version of Nebraska. They are going to find out real quick what it is like playing an SEC schedule year after year. Just ask 'darling' OU how it is to face the top tier of SEC competition.

They both can count all of their money while their football teams consistently get their asses kicked.

When UT and OU leave if an opportunity for KU opens up for the B10 you take it. IMMEDIATELY.
At this point I don't think you even wait for UT and OU to leave. Why the fuck would you want to stay in a conference with them? If the Big12 stays in tact, it's cause they caved to OU and UT and that sucks, and if they're leaving, we better act now and get our shit in order.
^^^^
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:41 am As soon as the news broke that UT and OU were considering (at this point probably leaving) the ship was taking on water. Hell, Bowlsby not acting the last go around and adding more schools was really when the Big12 started taking on water. Now this 'act' by UT and OU means the water is pouring through.

Disagree. They wanted to go the B1G, and that's what started the big change last time. The school who played their cards right was Nebraska, and maybe Colorado. When Nebraska swooped in and took Misery's spot, Misery had to stay in the Big12 for another year as a lame duck before settling on the SEC.
Last edited by PhDhawk on Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:41 am I would LOVE nothing more than for KU to announce that they are leaving for the B10 before those other schools announce they are leaving for the SEC.
how awesome would that be?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Percent chance for each conference for KU

B10 - 70%
ACC - 20%
Pac - 8%
B12 - 2%

The Kansas Jayhawks will be in a new conference soon. And all signs pointing to B10 and plenty of national guys seem to be on board with it. Basketball does matter and football is on track to improve.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 89

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:50 am Percent chance for each conference for KU

B10 - 70%
ACC - 20%
Pac - 8%
B12 - 2%

The Kansas Jayhawks will be in a new conference soon. And all signs pointing to B10 and plenty of national guys seem to be on board with it. Basketball does matter and football is on track to improve.
i’m curious why you put ACC as more than twice as likely as PAC12

is that just personal preference?
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:50 am

In fairness, the laws of physics would have to be altered for KU to be worse at football than they currently are.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think the Pac is going to struggle.

I wonder if Colorado is unhappy with Pac. I wonder if they pull the plug and have conversations to join the B10 as well. That's something that hasn't been brought up really anywhere, but something to consider. They are kind of out there in no-mans land with the Pac it seems.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

LVCHawk wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:56 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:50 am

In fairness, the laws of physics would have to be altered for KU to be worse at football than they currently are.
I chuckled. But I do think they'll be able to compete better against the Nebraskas, Illinois', Purdue's and whatnot a bit in the B10. It's a very top heavy conference and the other teams outside of the first 2-3 are kind of blah. I mean chances are they are playing Rutgers and Maryland every so often and they both kind of stink too.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I think Oklahoma State, Iowa State and kstate have a lot of convincing to do with the bigger conferences.

LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

KU leaves, Big 12 adds 3-4 teams such as BYU, Houston, etc.....

Baylor becomes the new top dog and team from Texas. The newer version of the Big 12 would give those teams a great shot at being in the college football playoff every year.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

This all leaked with A&M leaking to their beat guy in Houston that this was a possibility and they wanted the SEC and fans all over to critique it and A&M is the only one that is against it. Kind of funny.

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

osu will have no problem finding a comfy landing spot.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah I don't think so. They're overshadowed by OU, they don't have the biggest market to back them. Tulsa is the size of Wichita.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Lots of national guys seem to be mentioning KU and B10 coming together quite a bit.

LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

While we wouldn't really have a rival, the Illinois hate for Self could be fun.

More of a natural rivalry would be KU and MSU as much as we play each other.