Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Texas and Oklahoma will send letter to Big 12 to inform them that they will not renew at expiration in 2025 according to many. If Kansas goes, the Big 12 could dissolve and these moves happen faster and without many fees.

OU and Texas seem content waiting until 2025 to avoid paying the exit fee. But if Big 12 dissolves, no fees to pay.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

LVCHawk wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:27 am While we wouldn't really have a rival, the Illinois hate for Self could be fun.

More of a natural rivalry would be KU and MSU as much as we play each other.
Would join the B10 West likely. They currently have Nebraska, Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern and Purdue.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i always enjoyed b-ball games with the nubs when Doc was there
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

I am eagerly waiting to see what happens. Big10 is my preference.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Bring AM and Colorado back, then go after Zona and Utah
Just Ledoux it
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

A&M isn’t leaving. They’re in the best shape with money that they’ve maybe ever been. They just have to deal with Texas again, but they’re legitimately happy in SEC.

Big 12 won’t be around guys, and if they are, they won’t be a power conference anymore. Just plain and simple.

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Fuck Bob Bowlsby.

Stupid, lazy, unlikable twat.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

DC!

nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

I don't think you stay at 10 or 12. I think you find a way to get to 16 if you think about sticking around.

Could they get 8 of these schools? A&M, Colorado, Nebraska, AZ, Utah, Cincinnati, Houston, BYU, Memphis
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Also, if anyone can explain to me what we bring to the Big 10 that would cause them even to consider us, I'm all ears.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:15 pm Also, if anyone can explain to me what we bring to the Big 10 that would cause them even to consider us, I'm all ears.
1. AAU accreditation, the Big 10 places a big premium on those academics.
2. KU is #3 in the Big 12 in revenue and #28 nationally so the idea that you can't draw revenue with basketball and bad football is a fallacy. Plus, if Goff and Leipold get football turned around, that number will only go up with better football.
3. Even though tv markets aren't as important as they used to be, they get lion's share of Kansas City.
4. I dunno, the good football teams get an easy win to pad their record for bowl season.
5. An elite, national brand in a high revenue sport. There are not more football juggernauts to go grab. The Big 10 is better off grabbing a school like KU with an elite national brand in a sport like basketball than they are loading up on schools who will win 4-6 football games and 12-15 basketball games.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

Maybe Barry can lend Leipold a hand and put in a good word for the future direction of KU football.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-wis ... 01668.html
Last edited by nu_bronco on Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:19 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:15 pm Also, if anyone can explain to me what we bring to the Big 10 that would cause them even to consider us, I'm all ears.
1. AAU accreditation, the Big 10 places a big premium on those academics.
2. KU is #3 in the Big 12 in revenue and #28 nationally so the idea that you can't draw revenue with basketball and bad football is a fallacy. Plus, if Goff and Leipold get football turned around, that number will only go up with better football.
3. Even though tv markets aren't as important as they used to be, they get lion's share of Kansas City.
4. I dunno, the good football teams get an easy win to pad their record for bowl season.
5. An elite, national brand in a high revenue sport. There are not more football juggernauts to go grab. The Big 10 is better off grabbing a school like KU with an elite national brand in a sport like basketball than they are loading up on schools who will win 4-6 football games and 12-15 basketball games.
What he said.

GregOsterswag

Post by GregOsterswag »

Big 10 is the only good outcome. I'm nervous. Time for Goff to earn that check.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

ACC is fine as well. Just not a fit geographically. Closest school as it stands is L'Ville. We would be the current West Va in the B12.

LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:06 pm Bring AM and Colorado back, then go after Zona and Utah
The Big 12 is toast. Time to move on from it or this will be happening every few years.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Lots of people here in Wichita area hoping that Big 12 and AAC merge. They want Wichita St to play Kansas in basketball.

It's a god awful move and like the 7th best option for Kansas.

LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:21 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:06 pm Bring AM and Colorado back, then go after Zona and Utah
The Big 12 is toast. Time to move on from it or this will be happening every few years.
Right. The only way that any shifting would have worked is if Texas left and say Nebraska came back, and everyone signed back on again. Nobody likes Texas, so them leaving on their own would have been ok, not ideal but ok. OU leaving as well is just a sign the conference is not going to last.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:25 pm Lots of people here in Wichita area hoping that Big 12 and AAC merge. They want Wichita St to play Kansas in basketball.

It's a god awful move and like the 7th best option for Kansas.
Yuck. Joining the AAC would be below sticking it out and re-forming the Big 12 on my list of options.