Kids

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 887

Re: Kids

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Wiff wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:15 pm I grew up right outside of Pigeon Forge. Dollywood was basically my daycare during the summer months, so that was fun. Parents moved us to Kansas when we were still young solely for the purpose of getting away from all of the tourists and, yes, racist family members. All in all, its a beautiful place if you're into hiking the mountains, enjoying the outdoors, and are only going to be there for a few days.

On another note (and which conveniently happens to be the thread topic), I recently got news that ol' Wiff is going to be a dad. Pray for my soul.
Congrats Wifi!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NotGutterGutter wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:16 am
Wiff wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:15 pm I grew up right outside of Pigeon Forge. Dollywood was basically my daycare during the summer months, so that was fun. Parents moved us to Kansas when we were still young solely for the purpose of getting away from all of the tourists and, yes, racist family members. All in all, its a beautiful place if you're into hiking the mountains, enjoying the outdoors, and are only going to be there for a few days.

On another note (and which conveniently happens to be the thread topic), I recently got news that ol' Wiff is going to be a dad. Pray for my soul.
Congrats Wifi!
And the nice thing about WiFi having kids is, if he ever decides they’re being a pain, he can just unplug them and plug them back in.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

Wifi, Wiff, Wifey, bottom line is I whiffed on my post.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so two old friends are in town…an old friend and his wife, and their 1yo kid.

We meet for happy hour. I ask the wife/mom if the old friend and I can go play guitar for a bit, old time’s sake, mostly just Dead covers. We’ll be about an hour, back by dark. Wife/mom says yeah that’s cool go play with your friends.

We go play some guitar. About an hour later and still before dark, we go back to their Airbnb. She’s livid. “WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, I HAD TO PUT THE KID TO BED ALL BY MYSELF, WHAT DID YOU DO, WAH WAH WAH”

At the time I felt like it wasn’t my hill to die on and I stayed out of it. But in hindsight I wish I had said something. “It was barely an hour ago you said this was cool, what changed? If you wanted help putting the kid to bed why didn’t you ask for help?”

There’s also the whole angle of don’t bring your domestic bickering out in front of the company, but I guess I’m also flattered that she/they and I are comfortable enough around one another to not sugar coat.

To his credit the friend/husband/dad was trying to help with the kid all night. I think she’s being a wet blanket who was somehow upset we went and actually had fun for an hour, and then had to be a passive aggressive control freak and needs to get a real hobby. Like guitar.

Anyway should I have said something? Would you have said something?
shindig

Post by shindig »

Geesh, I don't have kids, but I've put my nephews down for bed when they were that age. It's not rocket science. Maybe she should have pulled out her boob and fed the kid, maybe she/he was hungry.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Kids can stress a mom out. Let it go.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

^^^
Just Ledoux it
shindig

Post by shindig »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:17 am Kids can stress a mom out. Let it go.
^^^ 99, the voice of reason.

My post was a bit harsh. Some kids just don't go to bed well, my nephews were always easy.

Now I watched my neighbors 2.5 year old boy a few weeks ago because their sitter cancelled and it was their wedding anniversary. It was only a few hours, but he was crying up a storm when they left. We played some kiddo video games for a while and then I got him to bed around 8:30. He started a fit within a couple minutes. I had my boxer over there and he jumped up on his little bed and curled up next to him and he was out a couple minutes later.

Moale of the story, kids love dogs 🐶.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I was just not in the mindset to mitigate a domestic dispute, I guess.

If/when she does it again (granted, I only see them a couple times a year cuz she’s constantly making him dance like a monkey), but Imma try to come from an empathetic place.

Like homegirl, we both come from tense family backgrounds. We’ve been open about this and even bonded over this before. And I’ve tried to grow by being conscious of the tension, and trying to avoid it rather than give in to it. If I can help you do the same, please let me - for the sake of the kid. Cuz the last thing you’d want is for your kid to end up like me

gotta end it with a little self-depreciating humor to be disarming
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

My daughter has a big ole dog. Just a huge puppy. It's great fun to watch the kid and dog together.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jk imma just call her a bitch and tell to stop being jealous of her hubby just cuz he actually has friends, maybe she would have friends too if she wuzn’t such a bitch…bitch.

jk jk I would never actually say that to anyone, especially not a woman.

But for real I think the issue here is the same issue she’s always had - she wants to have her cake and eat it too.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Is the wife hot?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

They have a big dog too! And it’s fun to see the dog and the baby play…a pulled ear here, a licked face there, lots of giggles.

I try to take the dog for a walk when I can. It rarely gets walked, and gets so excited about it, and is so happy afterward every time.

But the dog is otherwise tense too, it feeds of their tension, and none of them seem to realize it. Bickering is bad.

And just imagine the look on the dog’s face when I asked to take for a walk and she said we weren’t allowed.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Leawood wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:21 pm Is the wife hot?
That might be the toughest part of it all…

no!

She’s not hot enough, nor cool enough, to get away with this level of pettiness.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I know nothing of their situation but, if she's a stay at home mom, that means she's around kiddo 24/7 and is probably really missing her 'me' time. My wife was very independent and when we had our son she chose to stay at home (she quit her job even though her employer bent over backwards to keep her employed by giving her a raise, a key to the joint, and letting her work when she wanted to). I was a year into starting my own business and was pretty distracted most of the time. My sons constant needs drove her up a wall and she suffered from PPD for a while but she was never what I would consider bitchy. She was 38 and I was 48 when he was born.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Its impossible to understand until your there
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

She works full time. As far as I can tell, they share parental responsibilities pretty equally. She seemed to treat “I had to put the kid to bed all by myself” as points she scored, like it’s some kind of game to her.

Heck, at happy hour, he volunteered to take the kid for a diaper change so she could stay and keep chatting with her friend, and he didn’t even rub it in her face or anything.

And I suppose I’m biased, but she’s just always been this catty. “No you guys can’t go on that bike ride you had planned tonight, cuz you gotta take out the trash! You guys are sooo irresponsible!” (She always tries to frame it as if any attempt to have fun in life is actually some delinquency) Ok we took out the trash, a whopping 90 second chore, now can we bike ride?

She’s now just using the kid as some pawn in her game of wet blanket.

Being around her is a good reminder why I’m still single. I just don’t have time for that kinda drama. Thank the fucking lord I’m not the one who knocked her up
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Does she have big tits?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

again - no!

and I wish I could say she makes up for it with her good personality, buuuut
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Ousie, their relationship, their bidness. You may not like it but you really don't have a say and risk alienating both of them if you stick your nose in where it doesn't belong.
Defense. Rebounds.