Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
Deleted User 863

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Welp....late night basketball games it'll be if it's PAC.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

That's interesting Infinite. Certainly not the greatest endorsement. But the presidents make the calls, not solely the ADs.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Seems like there is a check measuring contest going on. The competitive balance in the BiG could use a boost.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:36 am Did you guys see the rumor that the SEC is trying to get tOSU and Meechigan from the B1G too to form a 20 team power conference? I mean, that's gotta be bullshit, right?
clemson and fsu too

then what would the B1G do? they’d surely want to add in order to prop up revenue as much as possible
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:52 am Ohio St's AD retweeted this:

https://twitter.com/jbook37/status/1419 ... 06177?s=19
KU and WVU add TV markets to compete with SEC for even more revenue.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

Damn it. Why couldn't we get a decent football program going before this all happened again.
Deleted User 863

It's really interesting to see how widely opinions differ from the various fan bases on who each conference should add and what schools they see value in.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sparko wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:57 amThe competitive balance in the BiG could use a boost.
CFB sucks so much right now--it would be nice if mega conference realignment could change competitive balance, but I am not initially sure how it can.

NLI may be the better balancer, but certainly changes are happening and can hopefully fix that huge problem.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

nu_bronco wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:06 am Damn it. Why couldn't we get a decent football program going before this all happened again.
The last two schools added by the B1G were Rutgers and Maryland.
Deleted User 863

Rutgers value comes in that NJ/NY market and in their academics, right?

Maryland always seemed like a weird fit.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

tweets coming out now indicating that B1G is only interested in adding AAU schools

B1G may look to PAC for additions
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:12 am Rutgers value comes in that NJ/NY market and in their academics, right?

That was the thought. TV markets less important right now. Also, that was obviously dumb. Anyone who's been to NYC knows there is little to no interest in college sports. And the interest that is there are in transplants who root for their own team, not the state college of New Jersey, just because it happens to be nearby.

Same with Maryland was supposed to bring in the DC market, but again, it's a city full of transplants, many who only live their traniently. You don't go to DC to work for 3 years and suddenly change the college team you root for to the closest school.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:24 am tweets coming out now indicating that B1G is only interested in adding AAU schools

B1G may look to PAC for additions
KU is an AAU school.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:25 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:12 am Rutgers value comes in that NJ/NY market and in their academics, right?

That was the thought. TV markets less important right now. Also, that was obviously dumb. Anyone who's been to NYC knows there is little to no interest in college sports. And the interest that is there are in transplants who root for their own team, not the state college of New Jersey, just because it happens to be nearby.

Same with Maryland was supposed to bring in the DC market, but again, it's a city full of transplants, many who only live their traniently. You don't go to DC to work for 3 years and suddenly change the college team you root for to the closest school.
I think the disconnect is the thought that adding those schools was going to secure the respective markets. I don't think that was ever really the promise. Adding those schools just at least gets you into those markets. Gives them something to sell to the tv companies.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:27 am
PhDhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:25 am

I think the disconnect is the thought that adding those schools was going to secure the respective markets. I don't think that was ever really the promise. Adding those schools just at least gets you into those markets. Gives them something to sell to the tv companies.
Yes. Numbers on a page. Which is true vis a vis the KC MSA and the B1G.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

https://twitter.com/mhver3/status/14196 ... 64328?s=21

This guy has really detailed information. Seems like KU, West Va and ISU are not interested in re-upping any commitment to Big 12 and the GOR. The meeting spelled doomed for the conference as it stands right now with the remaining 8 members.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:09 am
nu_bronco wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:06 am Damn it. Why couldn't we get a decent football program going before this all happened again.
The last two schools added by the B1G were Rutgers and Maryland.
Yeah, I understand that. I would still feel more comfortable if the team was closer to .500 instead of .100.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We are all going to forget that West Virginia was in the Big 12.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:32 am https://twitter.com/mhver3/status/14196 ... 64328?s=21

This guy has really detailed information. Seems like KU, West Va and ISU are not interested in re-upping any commitment to Big 12 and the GOR. The meeting spelled doomed for the conference as it stands right now with the remaining 8 members.
Hopefully its not the same WVU guy last time that kept saying Clemson and FSU were on the way to the Big 12