Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:18 pm lol...just saw a tweet saying the B1G should just go to 24 and flip the SEC the bird

all AAU members: USC, UCLA, Oregon, Stanford, Washington, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, Cal, and KANSAS
I would put B1G as as likely an outcome for us as any other, but I really do not think AAU status matters to the people who matter.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:21 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:18 pm lol...just saw a tweet saying the B1G should just go to 24 and flip the SEC the bird

all AAU members: USC, UCLA, Oregon, Stanford, Washington, Colorado, Arizona, Utah, Cal, and KANSAS
I would put B1G as as likely an outcome for us as any other, but I really do not think AAU status matters to the people who matter.
does it matter as much as TV revenue? no

but research dollars and notoriety matter to those member institutions...exactly how much? who knows?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KU has been a bastion on the plains against the ravings of the power cat infested circus tent in Topeka. Hope that is in our favor. The SEC is the snake-handling conference; the rest have standards.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

With the critical caveat that BB needs to remain strongly relevant, I think we're fine regardless of conference affiliation.

Might be harder to catch a FB game on network teevee, tho'
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

the more i scrub on the internet, the more likely it is beginning to seem like we end up in the aac.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 89

it’s all those deviants and malcontents

what really matters is the opinion of the folks
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

...and here we go.

🤣🤣🤣
shindig

Post by shindig »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:40 pm the more i scrub on the internet, the more likely it is beginning to seem like we end up in the aac.
Same frickin conference as WSU and Tulane....puke and no thanks.
Deleted User 89

it’s the nubs, so take it for what it’s worth

https://www.cornnation.com/2021/7/26/22 ... ealignment
Deleted User 89

and espn piece that just came out mentioned a single, massive super conference before even touching in the notion of 4 power conferences...insinuating that the SEC would just all of a sudden become the de facto ncaa
Deleted User 863

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:00 pm and espn piece that just came out mentioned a single, massive super conference before even touching in the notion of 4 power conferences...insinuating that the SEC would just all of a sudden become the de facto ncaa
I saw something similar.

And UT and OU moving to SEC smoothly is probably further complicated by SEC media contract going until 2032?
HenrySwanson

Post by HenrySwanson »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:58 pm it’s the nubs, so take it for what it’s worth

I see they repeated the urban legend about OU and Zero State being tethered by the legislature at the very end.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:40 pm the more i scrub on the internet, the more likely it is beginning to seem like we end up in the aac.
I think KU will have to strike out on a TON of other potential options before that happens.
Deleted User 89

InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:20 pm
I think KU will have to strike out on a TON of other potential options before that happens.
i agree

imo, the only way KU gets left out is if nobody else expands

if more dominos start falling, KU is the sexiest free agent in the market (in spite of football woes)
Deleted User 863

AAC is probably our 4th choice? BIG10 then ACC then PAC....then probably AAC?
Deleted User 89

HenrySwanson wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:17 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:58 pm it’s the nubs, so take it for what it’s worth

I see they repeated the urban legend about OU and Zero State being tethered by the legislature at the very end.
it’s an interesting thought exercise though...okie lite gets tethered to OU and they both go SEC, while either tejas or misery go to B1G as a package deal with KU
Deleted User 863

ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:23 pm
i agree

imo, the only way KU gets left out is if nobody else expands

if more dominos start falling, KU is the sexiest free agent in the market (in spite of football woes)
^^^^ agreed
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If I can get what I want, then it is KU and mizzou to B1G. That's really a great fit if no Big 12 exists and obviously ignoring the current setup and the obligations that may exist from that.
Deleted User 863

More revenue rankings that go deeper than top 20.

KU 28th

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances