COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by PhDhawk »

everyone is tired about hearing about choices. you nancys can cry yourself to sleep at night demanding no one be forced to be vaccinated. only no one is even threatening that, you're just a bunch of fear mongerers who are scared of needles. ignore science if you want. ignore data if you want. the world is gonna keep spinning either way

where the fuck is my shift key?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

disregard the shift. no biggie.

it's a msg bd.

just keep reminding us abt reality.

thass cool
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

shutting down the economy was supposed to save us. wearing masks was supposed to save us. vaccines are supposed to save us. will any of it? do we really even need to be saved? people just need to relax. most the world is getting back to living a normal life. most the country is getting back to living a normal life. 2 weeks to flatten the curve gone wrong is all this is at this point. Our species is not above nature. people get sick sometimes. everyone eventually dies. just breathe guys. daddy can come tuck you into bed tonight if you're scared

There are a lot bigger problems in the world than covid. the biggest problem is human beings. we are causing a mass extinction on earth right now of everything but ourselves. our population is still holding strong and rapidly approaching 8 billion
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:35 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:28 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:38 pm

How many rural people are taking these pills?

Is it just "a few people" that this random question asker knows? I am not ready to condemn all rural people or contribute to a negative stereotype based on anecdotal evidence from a random internet article quite yet...

And sure, many stereotypes exist for a reason....and that's why it's not surprising this person is from Missouri.
"I am not ready to contribute to a negative stereotype based on anecdotal evidence from a random internet article...and that's why it's not surprising this person is from Missouri."
I guess the humor in that went over your head?
Oh I laughed. Just not at the same thing you probably did.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:43 pm shutting down the economy was supposed to save us. wearing masks was supposed to save us. vaccines are supposed to save us. will any of it? do we really even need to be saved? people just need to relax. most the world is getting back to living a normal life. most the country is getting back to living a normal life. 2 weeks to flatten the curve gone wrong is all this is at this point. Our species is not above nature. people get sick sometimes. everyone eventually dies. just breathe guys. daddy can come tuck you into bed tonight if you're scared

There are a lot bigger problems in the world than covid. the biggest problem is human beings. we are causing a mass extinction on earth right now of everything but ourselves. our population is still holding strong and rapidly approaching 8 billion
Shutting down unquestionably saved lives and would have saved more had more of the population followed guidelines.

Wearing masks unquestionably saved lives and would have saved more had more of the population followed guidelines.

The Vaccine unquestionably saved lives and would have saved more had more of the population got vaccinated.

Yes, people get sick. Yes, people die. If you don't think that preventative measures to avoid sickness and death are necessary then repeal helmet and seat belt laws, make all narcotics legal, hand out guns to everyone who wants one no matter their age and let's see if we can cull the herd by a few billion...

I just want covid to go away so there are less ignorant conversations like this. It makes me sad for humanity to know so many are so selfish and irresponsible. I liked it better when I just assumed a lot of people were that way. The constant confirmation is getting to be too much.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RandysSidekick wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:08 pm LOL, now Randy understands how I felt trying to discuss anything logical with Phd. The guy is a complete moron. Doesn't understand science, doesn't understand biology. He can't even understand when someone tell him "I am vaccinated". He responds with "you're anti-vaxxer!" :lol:

This thread has been entertaining, seeing PhD get his ass handed to him. :lol:
lol Never would have imagined Id get a sidekick. but yes, PHD has named me the worlds first vaccinated antivaxxer, who encourages people to get vaccinated if they feel comfortable with it and its the right decision for themselves personally. or who understands if people feel it isnt necessary for them or if they just want to wait and see once more data and long term understanding of the vaccine is available.

PHD did all this and still insists he knows what hes talking about in regards to anything
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:44 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:35 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:28 pm
"I am not ready to contribute to a negative stereotype based on anecdotal evidence from a random internet article...and that's why it's not surprising this person is from Missouri."
I guess the humor in that went over your head?
Oh I laughed. Just not at the same thing you probably did.
Have you seriously not figured out that i post ridiculously obvious ironic things on purpose?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:54 pm
randylahey wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:43 pm shutting down the economy was supposed to save us. wearing masks was supposed to save us. vaccines are supposed to save us. will any of it? do we really even need to be saved? people just need to relax. most the world is getting back to living a normal life. most the country is getting back to living a normal life. 2 weeks to flatten the curve gone wrong is all this is at this point. Our species is not above nature. people get sick sometimes. everyone eventually dies. just breathe guys. daddy can come tuck you into bed tonight if you're scared

Shutting down unquestionably saved lives and would have saved more had more of the population followed guidelines.

Wearing masks unquestionably saved lives and would have saved more had more of the population followed guidelines.

The Vaccine unquestionably saved lives and would have saved more had more of the population got vaccinated.

Yes, people get sick. Yes, people die. If you don't think that preventative measures to avoid sickness and death are necessary then repeal helmet and seat belt laws, make all narcotics legal, hand out guns to everyone who wants one no matter their age and let's see if we can cull the herd by a few billion...

I just want covid to go away so there are less ignorant conversations like this. It makes me sad for humanity to know so many are so selfish and irresponsible. I liked it better when I just assumed a lot of people were that way. The constant confirmation is getting to be too much.
Sweden never shut anything down and had much better results against covid than our country did the entire process. states that reopened sooner... like florida or texas for example. showed no notable differences than places like New york. all are very heavily populated but took drastically different approaches to covid but ended with similar results in the end. so maybe you should question it. if any of it is really that effective or necessary
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

twocoach you also mentioned guns. did you realize the places with the strictest gun laws also have the highest rates of gun violence? all gun laws do is take a means of self defense away from law abiding citizens. criminals dont give a shit about laws. murder is illegal anyways. its just another example of failed government overreach
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

making the entire country put their lives on hold for covid is just as selfish as expecting everyone to get or not get vaccinated. did you realize in 2020 the year of covid some places actually had more people die from suicide or overdoses than from covid? the state of california for example. i can agree with you all that we are all sad for humanity. its a tough situation. but expecting people to disregard what they feel is best/safest for themselves and guilting them into doing what you feel is right is even more selfish
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

people have the right to choose. thats the bottom line. I know nobody wants PHD making any decisions for them, he'll make you out to be a vaccinated antivaxxer
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:57 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:54 pm

Sweden never shut anything down and had much better results against covid than our country did the entire process. states that reopened sooner... like florida or texas for example. showed no notable differences than places like New york. all are very heavily populated but took drastically different approaches to covid but ended with similar results in the end. so maybe you should question it. if any of it is really that effective or necessary
Good lord. Sweden again?!? Sweden has THREE urban areas with more than 170k people in their entire country. The US has more than 150.

What works for a country of 10 million may not work for a country of 328 million. And maybe you should do some more research on just how well Sweden did.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/12/22/sw ... -response/
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I have 20 family members in Sweden. Its per capita Covid afflictions and deaths was the worst in Scandinavia.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

But my Facebook doctors told me that they did awesome because of no lockdown!
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Its an example of a place that was willing to take a different approach and they had better results still tho. If what they were doing is so wrong you'd think they'd have much much different results
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:03 pm making the entire country put their lives on hold for covid is just as selfish as expecting everyone to get or not get vaccinated.
It's actually significantly MORE selfish. Shutting things down has a ton of negative consequences. Getting vaccinated has almost none, and it's more effective. For 99.99999% (Which is WAY more than 99%) the worst that happens if you feel mild flu-like symptoms for a day or so. That's a much better option than getting covid, but also a much better option than going into another shut down.

The reason there is talk of bringing back restrictions is because the numbers are rising because too many won't get vaccinated. If you want to keep the economy open and running, and schools open, and travel open and attend sporting events, and eat in restaurants and go do concerts.....get vaccinated.

Trump's Surgeon General Jerome Adams said this today:
More mitigation is coming, whether it's masking or whether it's closures or whether it's your kids having to return to virtual learning, that is coming," Adams said on "Face the Nation," speaking to unvaccinated Americans. "And it's coming because this pandemic is spiraling out of control yet again, and it's spiraling out of control because we don't have enough people vaccinated. So get vaccinated because it helps your neighbors, but get vaccinated because it's going to help every single American enjoy the freedoms that we want to return to."

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

From the Atlantic:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... rs/619539/
Vaccinated America Has Had Enough

In the United States, this pandemic could be almost over by now. The reasons it’s still going are pretty clear.

In the United States, this pandemic could’ve been over by now, and certainly would’ve been by Labor Day. If the pace of vaccination through the summer had been anything like the pace in April and May, the country would be nearing herd immunity. With most adults immunized, new and more infectious coronavirus variants would have nowhere to spread. Life could return nearly to normal.

Reading about the fates of people who refused the vaccine is sorrowful. But as summer camp and travel plans are disrupted—as local authorities reimpose mask mandates that could have been laid aside forever—many in the vaccinated majority must be thinking: Yes, I’m very sorry that so many of the unvaccinated are suffering the consequences of their bad decisions. I’m also very sorry that the responsible rest of us are suffering the consequences of their bad decisions.

Compassion should always be the first reaction to vaccine hesitation. Maybe some unvaccinated people have trouble getting time off work to deal with side effects, maybe they are disorganized, maybe they are just irrationally anxious. But there’s no getting around the truth that some considerable number of the unvaccinated are also behaving willfully and spitefully. Yes, they have been deceived and manipulated by garbage TV, toxic Facebook content, and craven or crazy politicians. But these are the same people who keep talking about “personal responsibility.” In the end, the unvaccinated person himself or herself has decided to inflict a preventable and unjustifiable harm upon family, friends, neighbors, community, country, and planet.

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Our freedoms are not theres to give. Thats not what this country is built on. Numbers are spiraling out of control? Is that a joke. Talk about fear mongering
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Why is it these people blaming unvaccitted people never seem to mention holding people like fauci accountable? He approved money going to the lab covid19 originated from. His best defense is he didn't know it was getting used on virus enhancing research. How the hell are we allowing a government employment to send us tax dollars overseas to a foreign research lab when he isn't even aware of what they are doing there
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

randylahey wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:49 pm Why is it these people blaming unvaccitted people never seem to mention holding people like fauci accountable? He approved money going to the lab covid19 originated from. His best defense is he didn't know it was getting used on virus enhancing research. How the hell are we allowing a government employment to send us tax dollars overseas to a foreign research lab when he isn't even aware of what they are doing there