Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
PhDhawk

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by PhDhawk »

Ray Finkle wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:10 pm One has to think that our new AD's connections through time at Northwestern might pay huge dividends for us. I'm surprised no one is mentioning this fact. If he can get us into the Big 10, his hiring was a success.
good point.

Laces Out!
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

now i just need to find that clean pair of shorts
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:15 pm now i just need to find that clean pair of shorts
You and 7YH.

(Really long-timers will know.)
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Goff's old boss at Northwestern is the commissioner of the ACC, for whatever that's worth.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:20 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:15 pm now i just need to find that clean pair of shorts
You and 7YH.

(Really long-timers will know.)

Thank you, for all you and your generation have done for America.
Last edited by ChalkRocker on Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Did he have to eat his shorts because Bill Self got a natty before Mangino?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

http://m.kusports.com/news/2021/jul/27/ ... k-state-d/

The power cat clown show rears its head.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

pdub wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:31 pm Did he have to eat his shorts because Bill Self got a natty before Mangino?
we're still waiting, right?
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Freaking Fucking TEXAS

This is 100% about football. Why does Texas want to join SEC when 10 years ago they passed.
What is the one team that does not want Texas in the SEC.

Before Texas A&M went to the SEC they were like regularly in the top 50 in recruiting while Texas was Top 5. Texas A&M has flourished in the SEC while Texas has struggled in the Big 12. Number 1 recruiting pitch come and Play in the SEC,

Texas 10 years ago was all big headed with their own network. Now they realize they need the SEC.
OU just a long for the ride.

Big 12 was done 10 years ago. Texas was just big headed so we had 10 years to improve our position.

What the Fuck did we do with the 10 years. Why we hired David Beaty who was some teams WR coach and paid him the lowest salary in all of college football. True no doubt he was overpaid but still allowing the clown to coach 4 years and win what 6 games. You try to sell that

Then you hire some senile coach who got put to pasture and for years nobody would touch.

You try to sell that.

Then you just got a brand new coach and hired some Div 3 wizard.

Yeah you try to sell that.

You can not sell the last 10 years of KU football to a power 5 conference.

If there was a poll for the worst fucking football coach hires in that 10 to 15 years our five football coaches would take 1 2 3 4 5th place.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:00 pm http://m.kusports.com/news/2021/jul/27/ ... k-state-d/

The power cat clown show rears its head.
Wouldn’t worry much about that. They would rather have 1 “P5” conference member than have 2 sitting in the AAC
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -gets-best

"Welcome to the Tomorrowland, er, Todayland, of collegiate athletics, currently being driven like a limousine on a frozen lake by the power brokers of college football -- OK, maybe just one power broker (singular) of college football -- steered toward a here-and-now future where maps and calendars no longer seem to matter. A new frontier where athletes can jump from one roster to another to improve their situation (but don't you dare call them free agents) and hire agents to help them find financial backers through name, image and likeness (but don't you dare call it pay for play). All ultimately vying for a spot in a College Football Playoff poised to expand from four teams to a dozen, a bracket that promises to reward the highest-ranked teams with first-round byes and welcome previously denied outliers with postseason wild-card slots (but don't you dare say it looks like the NFL)."

"Hey, NASCAR used to be so big. McGee, you worked there. What happened?"
"The answer is a cautionary tale. A warning shot. Past as prologue."

"I tell them about a sport that was on such a steep growth curve for so long, its leadership went to sleep at the wheel and didn't realize it. There was so much money coming in via unwavering ticket sales and always-rising TV revenue, it masked years of bad decisions. At some point, the leadership bought into the assumption that their core fan base would always have their backs no matter what they did. So, they abandoned their roots, leaving traditional racetracks and ditching decades-long annual race dates for flashier new facilities in sexier new markets. Then, literally overnight, the economy tanked, and the cash flow stopped. When NASCAR looked up, the cool new fans and cool new markets it worked so hard to woo had moved on to the next cool thing. But the sport had also wandered so far from its base that the old-school fans were nowhere to be found, having departed the less-charming present in search of nostalgia. They were angry Darlington Raceway was empty on Labor Day weekend. Just as college sports fans in Oklahoma and Texas will be angry when they don't see "Cowboys" on the football schedule or "Jayhawks" on the basketball calendar."
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:03 am ..... They were angry Darlington Raceway was empty on Labor Day weekend. Just as college sports fans in Oklahoma and Texas will be angry when they don't see "Cowboys" on the football schedule or "Jayhawks" on the basketball calendar."
Interesting take. I for one don't care about college football outside of KU, but I'd tune in to the Big 12 championship or a Saturday night Big 12 game if it was a big game. When there are no rivalries, I will care even less. OU is playing Ole Miss this weekend, why do I care?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

https://www.si.com/college/2021/07/28/p ... n-problems

... For two years, a group of CFP executives worked to create a model that they presented to decision makers and have disseminated across college football. Their 12-team proposal, largely celebrated across America, appeared on the fast track to approval in a September meeting, potentially within two years of replacing the current four-team model.

And then, in a seismic and stunning shift, the Big 12’s two biggest brands, Texas and Oklahoma, started the process this week of joining the SEC. Pac-12 leaders here at the conference’s annual media day say the move compromises the expansion model and will almost assuredly delay its approval, even potentially resulting in wholesale changes to its structure.
It’s clear who the bad guys are this go-around: commissioner Greg Sankey and the Southeastern Conference, brandished by some here as the person and the entity that helped destroy a conference, pushed college football into a mess of disruption and compromised the expansion model.

Sankey was on the four-person working group that created the 12-team proposal, leading some around college athletics to question his motives as one of few who knew that his league could soon expand.
“We will have a response,” says one Pac-12 administrator.
Some administrators believe that none of the remaining eight Big 12 teams offer value to the conference—they would not increase the league distribution. Others say programs such as TCU, in the Dallas-area hub, is attractive, as well as Kansas’ basketball program.

But how does this Realignment War really end? Some here believe the final chapter is a 30-plus team superleague, an exclusive club of grandfathered programs and college football bluebloods governing themselves in a structure that may even feature collective bargaining and their own postseason, completely separate from the NCAA system and operating on its own accord. The whispers have started to grow louder, and the SEC’s expansion is the start toward such an event, multiple college officials believe...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Some here believe the final chapter is a 30-plus team superleague, an exclusive club of grandfathered programs and college football bluebloods governing themselves in a structure that may even feature collective bargaining and their own postseason, completely separate from the NCAA system and operating on its own accord."

Would watch about as much of this as I do golf.
Which isn't so much.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:58 am "Some here believe the final chapter is a 30-plus team superleague, an exclusive club of grandfathered programs and college football bluebloods governing themselves in a structure that may even feature collective bargaining and their own postseason, completely separate from the NCAA system and operating on its own accord."

Which isn't so much.
Sounds like you should watch more golf!
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:58 am "Some here believe the final chapter is a 30-plus team superleague, an exclusive club of grandfathered programs and college football bluebloods governing themselves in a structure that may even feature collective bargaining and their own postseason, completely separate from the NCAA system and operating on its own accord."

Which isn't so much.
I believe you when you say that you would tune out. The general numbers would rival the NFL's.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:03 am https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -gets-best

"Welcome to the Tomorrowland, er, Todayland, of collegiate athletics, currently being driven like a limousine on a frozen lake by the power brokers of college football -- OK, maybe just one power broker (singular) of college football -- steered toward a here-and-now future where maps and calendars no longer seem to matter. A new frontier where athletes can jump from one roster to another to improve their situation (but don't you dare call them free agents) and hire agents to help them find financial backers through name, image and likeness (but don't you dare call it pay for play). All ultimately vying for a spot in a College Football Playoff poised to expand from four teams to a dozen, a bracket that promises to reward the highest-ranked teams with first-round byes and welcome previously denied outliers with postseason wild-card slots (but don't you dare say it looks like the NFL)."

"Hey, NASCAR used to be so big. McGee, you worked there. What happened?"
"The answer is a cautionary tale. A warning shot. Past as prologue."

"I tell them about a sport that was on such a steep growth curve for so long, its leadership went to sleep at the wheel and didn't realize it. There was so much money coming in via unwavering ticket sales and always-rising TV revenue, it masked years of bad decisions. At some point, the leadership bought into the assumption that their core fan base would always have their backs no matter what they did. So, they abandoned their roots, leaving traditional racetracks and ditching decades-long annual race dates for flashier new facilities in sexier new markets. Then, literally overnight, the economy tanked, and the cash flow stopped. When NASCAR looked up, the cool new fans and cool new markets it worked so hard to woo had moved on to the next cool thing. But the sport had also wandered so far from its base that the old-school fans were nowhere to be found, having departed the less-charming present in search of nostalgia. They were angry Darlington Raceway was empty on Labor Day weekend. Just as college sports fans in Oklahoma and Texas will be angry when they don't see "Cowboys" on the football schedule or "Jayhawks" on the basketball calendar."
If only there signs....
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:59 am It is just telling to me that the schools, presidents, bureaucrats, donors, etc. will sneak around and throw away a century's worth of tradition and partnership in a heartbeat for extra millions.

But, the players are assholes to ask for a little cut.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Literally nobody has said the players are assholes. Thats taking the ousey approach.
Last edited by TDub on Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Its not a single entity flaw or fault
Just Ledoux it