Conference Realignment..?

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Conference Realignment..?

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:47 am Its not a single entity flaw or fault
Sports fans tend to do this weird thing where the side with the owners and suits. It's weird because they often don't take their side anywhere else.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:53 am
Sports fans tend to do this weird thing where the side with the owners and suits. It's weird because they often don't take their side anywhere else.
You keep saying that.

I dont see anyone loving the ADs or Presidents or NCAA leadership in ANY of this. Its a shitshow across the board.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:56 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:53 am
You keep saying that.

I dont see anyone loving the ADs or Presidents or NCAA leadership in ANY of this. Its a shitshow across the board.
The OU and UT fans are giddy as hell.

But, my OP was more referencing NIL and/or pay-for-play. Tons of fans side with the BS the suits were spewing on that.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Its not that theyre siding with the suits. Its that it was clearly evident that it was going to ruin the college landscape that we love. That is coming to fruition before our eyes on a daily basis.

Its ok to be frustrated with having the thing you like most in sports torn apart. Particularly as it happens by a slow motion train that people could see for miles. Its weird to me that a lot of you sre cheering for the train.
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:07 am Its not that theyre siding with the suits. Its that it was clearly evident that it was going to ruin the college landscape that we love. That is coming to fruition before our eyes on a daily basis.

Its ok to be frustrated with having the thing you like most in sports torn apart. Particularly as it happens by a slow motion train that people could see for miles. Its weird to me that a lot of you sre cheering for the train.
Lots of weight on "it" here. What is "it"?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Flight from Lawrence to about 10 miles from BIG HQ happening this afternoon.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA ... /KLWC/KPWK
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:07 am Its not that theyre siding with the suits. Its that it was clearly evident that it was going to ruin the college landscape that we love. That is coming to fruition before our eyes on a daily basis.

Not sure you are following and don't care to have the same discussions over and over.

For the record, I remain angry at the tearing apart of the conferences and money being the only driver of those decisions while just dumping centuries of tradition. I think the people making those decisions are assholes and deserve proper ridicule. It is extremely damaging to college athletics.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:11 am

https://youtu.be/nbaSh8i5eyE

Change me to it.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:15 am

Not sure you are following and don't care to have the same discussions over and over.

For the record, I remain angry at the tearing apart of the conferences and money being the only driver of those decisions while just dumping centuries of tradition. I think the people making those decisions are assholes and deserve proper ridicule. It is extremely damaging to college athletics.
Uh yea....i follow....
Just Ledoux it
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

TDub wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:15 am
jfish26 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:11 am

https://youtu.be/nbaSh8i5eyE

Change me to it.
I'm not picking up what you're laying down.

What has been clearly evident is that "the college landscape we love", having been built on a foundation of exploitation and paternalism, was not going to survive without significant adaptation. And that the NCAA chose to have that adaptation thrust upon itself.

NIL and this wave of realignment are effects, not causes.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i’m not saying it won’t happen, but i really don’t see any substantive difference yet since NIL became a thing

some players have more cash in their pockets, and there are a few more threads in message boards

what else am i missing?
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:12 am Flight from Lawrence to about 10 miles from BIG HQ happening this afternoon.

OK. Now this is starting to feel familiar...
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:29 am i’m not saying it won’t happen, but i really don’t see any substantive difference yet since NIL became a thing

some players have more cash in their pockets, and there are a few more threads in message boards

what else am i missing?
So, you're saying that UT has been a bunch of narcissistic greedy bastards for longer than 6 weeks?
Deleted User 89

ChalkRocker wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:30 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:12 am Flight from Lawrence to about 10 miles from BIG HQ happening this afternoon.

right?

and so it begins...
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

I mean, of all the times we need Gutter, here's your moment. Take a lunch break or something to go look at the flight.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Telescopic lens shots of their butts.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Gutter is having lunch with the Obamas and Scottie Pippen's ex-girlfriend.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Self probably interviewing for a new gig in the B1G...man that would really suck right now.
Deleted User 89

shindig wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:07 pm

Self probably interviewing for a new gig in the B1G...man that would really suck right now.
why you even gotta go there?
Deleted User 89

it’s really interesting perusing the commentaries from different teams/conferences, and trying to get a sense of who sees value where

a week old from Maize N Brew:

1. Kansas

If Oklahoma and Texas do indeed move to the SEC, then the Big XII is dead. The best remaining asset would easily be Kansas, who would be coveted for one thing alone. While academics and football leave something to be desired, adding the Jayhawks to the conference would elevate Big Ten basketball to another level. The geography fits here as well, and this one feels like a no-brainer should realignment come into play again.