COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
zsn
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by zsn »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:19 am
zsn wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:48 am Who should enforce it then? Are you saying that there should be no enforcement? So it’s just a suggestion then? As 99 says, Yikes!
Who enforces that now? Employers are supposed to be but I don't see managers at restaurants checking people's hands when they return from a restroom break. I've worked at a dozen or more restaurants and have never been asked about it at all. They tell you to do it in orientation and they stick a sign on the bathroom door and then that is usually the end of it. If you think that's actually being "enforced" by anyone then you're delusional.
That they don’t doesn’t mean they can’t. The enforcement power of a govermenment entity (city, county, state etc) is the teeth behind the regulation. I’ve never seen anyone pulled over at the stop sign down the street from me in the nearly quarter century that I’ve lived here. That doesn’t mean that it’s just a suggestion. I think what the freedumb caucus wants is no teeth behind the recommendations.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Not washing hands would be a violation during an inspection.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

sdoyel wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:24 am Unvaccinated people need to start suffering real-world consequences. I'm all in favor of a vaccine passport, at least short-term.

Want to fly? Sorry, have to be vaxed.

What to attend the baseball game? Sorry, have to be vaxed.

Want to eat in the restaurant? Sorry, have to be vaxed.

Sucks, doesn't it? Too bad!
This might be the dumbest comment in this entire thread. And this is a really long thread with a lot of really dumb comments
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I just don't understand people campaigning to segregate the population based on vaccination status. And wanting to punish the unvaccinated. Its so ridiculous and unnecessary
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:52 am I just don't understand people campaigning to segregate the population based on vaccination status. And wanting to punish the unvaccinated. Its so ridiculous and unnecessary
Straight from the playbook to use scare words.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Vaccinated people still contract and transmit covid. Moving forward if not already vaccinated people could be spreading it more. Especially if places start requiring vaccine passports. If only vaccinated people can do things and covid is still spreading, then we've reached the point where vaccinated people are the sole spreaders of covid. So what is even the point
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Picture this: the whole population is vaccinated. Covid still persists. As it transmits amongst the vaccinated population it continues to mutate. And mutates into a far far deadlier varient as a result of exposure to a fully but unnecessarily vaccinated population
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Listen to yourself...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:59 am Picture this: the whole population is vaccinated. Covid still persists. As it transmits amongst the vaccinated population it continues to mutate. And mutates into a far far deadlier varient as a result of exposure to a fully but unnecessarily vaccinated population
JFC
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

most of us know and understand this, but...

https://www.vox.com/22602039/breakthrou ... s-vaccines
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:53 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:43 am
twocoach wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:40 pm This was completely avoidable
No it wasn't. Vaccinated individuals are still contracting and spreading the virus. The ONLY way this was avoidable in this country is if the virus never left China where it originated (either naturally or in a lab).

Is the flu virus completely avoidable? We have vaccines for that virus too. And it's less contagious than covid.
I was talking about having to still wear masks a year and a half after covid's arrival being completely avoidable, not covid coming to America. I didn't think it was a particularly complex point that I made.
Wearing masks may just be part of our future. That's okay. It'll also help reduce the spread of other viruses.

I still disagree wearing masks was completely avoidable. It's part of this process. Even vaccinated people are safer wearing masks.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

sdoyel wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:02 pm Listen to yourself...
I'm not saying that's my prediction. Just wanting you guys to think. We know covid mutates and we know it still transmits through vaccinated populations. So that is possible
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Science is still learning more about the negatives of over prescribing antibiotics and using it on our livestock. Its possible we will later learn about the negatives of billions of rushed vaccines that aren't entirely effective or entirely necessary. But were rushed out and distributed before even being approved
Deleted User 89

and the vaccines will be redesigned to stay efficacious against the new variants

those that continue to get vaccinated will be good...the freedumb caucus will continue to get sick, cost everyone money, and be the most likely hosts for even newer variants

see how that works?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Sometimes you shouldn't fix what isn't broken. the human immune system was naturally very very effective against covid19
Deleted User 89

wut?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:32 pm and the vaccines will be redesigned to stay efficacious against the new variants

those that continue to get vaccinated will be good...the freedumb caucus will continue to get sick, cost everyone money, and be the most likely hosts for even newer variants

see how that works?
Our current covid measures have been ridiculously expensive. Bankrupted countless companies and devastated our global economy. Freedom did not
Deleted User 89

randylahey wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:39 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:32 pm and the vaccines will be redesigned to stay efficacious against the new variants

see how that works?
Our current covid measures have been ridiculously expensive. Bankrupted countless companies and devastated our global economy. Freedom did not
the lockdowns, yes

but i’d argue they were initially warranted because we didn’t know exactly what we were dealing with

nobody here is in favor of more lockdowns that i’ve seen

current costs are almost exclusively due to hospitalizations, which are very effectively mitigated by getting vaccinated
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Have countless companies been bankrupted?

Is the global economy devastated?

For some companies, yeah. But others have been killing it. It kinda depends on the company, I guess, but I’d be curious to see the economic impacts both good and bad
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:55 pm Have countless companies been bankrupted?
Yes. You're only thinking of WalMarts Amazons etc.

Thousands of small businesses have closed.