COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 863

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by Deleted User 863 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:03 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:01 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:52 am Don't need a life altering event. Just one or two small pokes from a needle would get our hospitals and health care system back to operational.
The vast majority of hospitals are operational with available covid ICU beds if needed. Even in the larger first surge prior to vaccines very few ever ran out of space. Few if any people (in our country) died in the parking lot after being refused admittance for medical treatment.

55%ish + of our population is almost 100% protected from needing to go to the hospital for covid treatment. 9 months ago that wasn't the case.
I don't know about rest of country, but it's a huge problem here in KC (and the rest of Missouri), thanks rural Missouri.
Not being a smart ass at all....

Are they shipping the rural patients to KC? Are the hospitals in Lake of the Ozarks overflowing?

In central IL our hospitals have more people in ICUs with covid than they did 2 months ago, but far less than they did at the peak of the pandemic prior to vaccines.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:06 am Cox in Springfield has something like 55 hospitalized from COVID, all unvaccinated. That's outrageous and infuriating when you think of all of the consequences.

I wouldn't trust myself to be a big enough person to allow that bullshit were I in charge of a hospital.
So you'd deny medical service to someone based on personal beliefs?

Slippery slope.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:04 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:01 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:56 amStop expecting someone to hold your hand. It's not someone else's responsibility to keep you safe. It's your own personal responsibility.
I think I know what you are trying to say and agree to a point. But, that's just not how any society operates. It's kind of like saying if you don't want to get hit by a dumbass driving 120 MPH on the wrong side of the road, then just don't drive.
If dumbasses driving 120mph on the wrong side of the street was common and i felt it was unsafe for me to drive then i wouldn't drive.
And a lot of our laws are in place to protect everyone else from the dumbass minority.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:06 amAre they shipping the rural patients to KC? Are the hospitals in Lake of the Ozarks overflowing?
Yes.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:07 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:06 am Cox in Springfield has something like 55 hospitalized from COVID, all unvaccinated. That's outrageous and infuriating when you think of all of the consequences.

I wouldn't trust myself to be a big enough person to allow that bullshit were I in charge of a hospital.

Slippery slope.
It's not a personal belief. It is a fact that vaccines save lives and are overwhelmingly safe.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:07 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:04 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:01 am

I think I know what you are trying to say and agree to a point. But, that's just not how any society operates. It's kind of like saying if you don't want to get hit by a dumbass driving 120 MPH on the wrong side of the road, then just don't drive.
If dumbasses driving 120mph on the wrong side of the street was common and i felt it was unsafe for me to drive then i wouldn't drive.
And a lot of our laws are in place to protect everyone else from the dumbass minority.
Like i said, in publicly owned spaces i am 100% in favor of proof of vaccination being required. And in privately owned space as well if those owners choose to do so (which they should). 100%. Those are the places i will go and support.
Deleted User 863

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:08 am

Slippery slope.
It's not a personal belief. It is a fact that vaccines save lives and are overwhelmingly safe.
Ok. So you'd deny medical services based on people making life decisions that you don't agree with?

Slippery slope.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

and trad said i was using duterte example for dramatic effect.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:10 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:08 am

Slippery slope.
Ok. So you'd deny medical services based on people making life decisions that you don't agree with?

Slippery slope.
I still don't agree with that characterization. But, fuck yes it's a slippery slope. Doctors and nurses deserve a lot of praise through this.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Slippery slope.
Stop calling it a personal belief.

It's a bad decision pure and simple.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:01 am
jhawks99 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:34 am Power to the fungus
folks to the fungus.
power to the ignorant and selfish
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:18 am

Slippery slope.

One that is affecting much more people than just the bad decision maker.
Deleted User 863

Slippery slope.

So is using heroin...should we refuse medical services to people who OD?
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:01 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:52 am Don't need a life altering event. Just one or two small pokes from a needle would get our hospitals and health care system back to operational.
The vast majority of hospitals are operational with available covid ICU beds if needed. Even in the larger first surge prior to vaccines very few ever ran out of space. Few if any people (in our country) died in the parking lot after being refused admittance for medical treatment.

55%ish + of our population is almost 100% protected from needing to go to the hospital for covid treatment. 9 months ago that wasn't the case.
SLC icu wards are at or above capacity

where are you seeing that the “vast majority” have available beds?

or are you just making shit up again?
Deleted User 89

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:20 am

Slippery slope.

heroin is a contagious pathogen? who knew...
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:20 am

Slippery slope.

It is about prioritization, and I understand Hippocratic oath, yada yada yada.

But, I will be the honest one here and admit that were I in a situation where I can save an upstanding citizen's life or a serial rapist's, but not enough time for both, I am picking the former.
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:12 am and trad said i was using duterte example for dramatic effect.
you were
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:20 am One that is affecting much more people than just the bad decision maker.
not affecting me one drop.

i'm fully vaxxed. living my best life to the fullest. don't care about anyone else but me and my family. we are all fully vaxxed. outside of that, don't care one drop who is or isn't vaxxed.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:20 am

Slippery slope.

One that is affecting much more people than just the bad decision maker.
Right, we're acting like it's choosing what to eat for lunch or who to marry.

It's much closer to wreckless endangerment.

These clowns would defend driving blindfolded..."I mean, I don't want the government controlling people, if you want to drive blindfolded that's your decision man". Hell, Illy already said he'd stay home and stop driving to allow others to drive 120 mph.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:23 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:20 am One that is affecting much more people than just the bad decision maker.
not affecting me one drop.

i'm fully vaxxed. living my best life to the fullest. don't care about anyone else but me and my family. we are all fully vaxxed. outside of that, don't care one drop who is or isn't vaxxed.
obviously it is since you’re still here posting nonsense about it